Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

You gotta go with what works for your skin, @tastelikewater! Even if they can't be tagged 🤣! How is TO Hyaluronic Acid? 

Simple yet effective?! That sounds like a great routine! @tastelikewater 

What's the product in the Cica line that messes with your skin @tastelikewater? A not-so-fancy but effective routine is perfect! Have you tried any other The Inkey List products?

@ShortErica Several of the Cicapair products contain lavender and rosemary oils, as well as alcohol and citric acid, all of which are no-nos for me. I learned it the hard way; every single time I used the Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment SPF 30 1.7 fl. oz/ 50 mL, I broke out (they look like small pustules but are surrounded by redness, which is how I can tell the difference between a flare-up and regular acne).  

I bought The INKEY List Bakuchiol Retinol Alternative Moisturizer 1 oz/ 30 mLrecently because my derm discouraged me from using retinols, but I haven't committed to trying it yet. My skin's been in a good place recently, and so I'm hesitant to make any changes. 

@tastelikewater Yeah, the essential oils can be irritating. I really wanted to like the Color Correcting Treatment but the match was just a bit dark on me.

Take your time. I'll be curious when you try it though. I think some others have posted about bakuchiol because they didn't have a good time with retinol. I think one was @eshoe 

@ShortErica @tastelikewater I’ve tried numerous retinols/-oids and they only made my skin more textured overall. There was some slight pore tightening but the texture was more noticeable so I stopped after a few months of trying it.

Bakuchiol on the other hand, has been amazing for my skin. I’ve been using the Herbivore Bakuchiol which I just noticed is no longer carried at Sephora, as well as The INKEY List Bakuchiol Retinol Alternative Moisturizer 1 oz/ 30 mL for my neck/décolletage. 

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

AM routineEFBDDF62-E081-4FA6-982B-B1FD6544CF88.jpeg

Quick hydrating mask from Fresh after washing the the exfolikate cleanser. Then eye cream, serums, moisturizer and spf. 

FRESH - Lotus Youth Preserve Rescue Mask Kate Somerville ExfoliKate™ Cleanser Daily Foaming Wash with AHA & Enzymes 4 oz/ 118 mL SUNDAY RILEY - Tidal Brightening Enzyme Water Cream Sunday Riley C.E.O. 15% Vitamin C Brightening Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

I love the Sunday Riley C.E.O. 15% Vitamin C Brightening Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL. It's one of my favorite Vitamin C Serums because it's lightweight and effective.

Oh, I just started using this this week, @PenelopeBT. It has such a nice texture!

@PenelopeBT have you tried Sunday Riley C.E.O Glow Vitamin C + Turmeric Face Oil 0.5 oz/ 15 mL?  I really liked the brightening effects of that one, but I'm not a huge fan of oils during my morning routine.  Just wondering if you've use the oil for a quick comparison with the serum?

@averylayne I have the oil also. I have used them both and they work well. I usually mix the oil with toner or apply before moisturizer.

oooh thanks for the feedback @jen81 ! Vitamin C is one of those products that I absolutely have to have in my routine, but I never stick with just one because I love trying out different products

@jen81, how are you liking the Good Molecules serum? Would you repurchase when you finish the the bottle?

@itsfi Yes I have about 1/4 bottle left but it’s sold out right now. So hoping it comes back before I run out!  @Kim888 

@jen81 Seconding @itsfi 's question! this looks really interesting !

4C9EA2D7-417B-46D6-BBAA-5B0F4122A75C.jpeg

The mud mask is decidedly too drying for my liking though it would be effective on more oily skin.  

FF88F05C-2E33-4ECD-BAFD-C85E175B326D.jpeg

@heartsmyfaceOooh, neat lineup!  How do you like the green tea cleanser?

@l8totheparty   It’s nice.  It foams a bit but doesn’t  strip your skin.  There’s no scent which I like.  It’s effective at removing base makeup but not for mascara and eyeliner.  I use the farmacy green clean for that but forgot to put it in the photo.  

Oooh, such nice line ups, @heartsmyface! I like how you lay them out on this shiny tray, serving up all this lux for your face! I'm sorry the mask didn't work well for you. Do you have a favorite mud mask?

Evening routine. The mask helped in my complexion tonight.  Mask for the win! 

Skin: acting normal. 20200225_235747.jpg

20200226_003954.jpg

@l8totheparty agave lip mask every night for me!

1 Reply
testing