Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

It's so unnecessarily frustrating @eshoe! it doesn't sell on it's own in Canada on the Sephora site, just in kits, so there's no chance of me buying it again, even though it does help the discoloration under my eyes.

Yeah! It's nice cause I'll have enough time to really see how the CEO works. I used it this morning and I liked how creamy it was, plus it smelled good! Love Deluxe Sizes from GWP and Favourites kits, lol.

@haleyvvvv  The Philosophy toner sounds interesting... I’ve never thought of clay as a toner ingredient. In fact, the only other clay toner I’ve ever seen (that I can recall, anyway) is Fresh’s. Seems like it’d be especially great for oily skin, or for combo skin that has a very oily zone. If I find a tester in a store, I’ll have to play with it. 

RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

I got the Philosophy Clay Toner a while back as a beauty promo and really enjoyed it! I couldn’t find it online for a while and ended up buying the It! Cosmetics Clay Mattifying toner instead. I ended up liking the It Cosmetics one even more! I use it when I’m super rushed in the morning and don’t have time to wash my face and do a full skincare routine 😂

Re: RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

@WinglessOne, it is definitely an oddity. I don't think I would try the Fresh one, as I do not really like their Umbrian Clay line, personally, I just its more gritty and drying than clearing, although I haven't tried the toner. Maybe I'll see if I can get a sample from a store. Definitely, if you get a chance to try this one, you should, or the It Cosmetics (although I've never tried, but it looks similar). I am really liking it much more than I thought I would, and I do like how clean and matte I look after (plus it's not drying, like I would expect a clay toner to be).

I think I might start using a clay one at one time of day and a hydrating one at the other (or depending on what my skin needs that day).

Thanks for the recommendation of the It Cosmetics, @mazzkm!

RE: Skincare Routine of the Day

AM/PM for today! January and February goal was to try and use up as many trial and sample size products that I could and not letting myself buy many new items until I go through my stash... of course I still bought new things, but I’m making a good dent! This morning I used some of my Boscia Hydration Gel, I’ve used this quite a few times and really like how light weight it is during the day. Doesn’t make me greasy, but also hydrating enough for my skin. A new purchase this month was the Inc.Redible Jade Roller, I actually quite like it for de-puffing right when I wake up in the morning, it feels nice, but I still use my regular brightening eye cream over top (the GlamGlow Bright Eyes). Tonight I used the the Clinique Moisture Surge Eye Serum, I find it hydrating but also quite tacky so I still use moisturizer over top!

Re: RE: Skincare Routine of the Day

@mazzkm curious about the @Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Calming Mist 1.69 oz/ 50 mL.  Do you feel like it helps with redness?  The cicapair products have been hit or miss for me, but I always love trying new facial sprays.

@averylayne I don’t find it really reduces redness, but I have mild rosacea. I do find it is soothing and calms down any irritation on my skin!

good to know! thanks @mazzkm !

That boscia hydrating gel sounds lovely @mazzkm! 😃 Good luck working through your sample size products; you’ll use up a lot more than you think just by consistently using them! It’ll be fun to see which products will be full size purchases. 

Great mix of products, @mazzkm 💖

@mazzkm I've been trying to get through as many mini's as I can this month as well.  Looks like you've got a nice variety going!

@missjeanie I thought of a cool challenge name for that. We'll have to make a thread next year. "Fun-Size February" - to use up some mini goodness you might have forgotten about. 🙂

@ShortErica so good! Fun sized February!! We can continue into March with "Maximize Your Mini's March," and April with "All About Alternatives"? That one isn't as good, but we have a month to work on it, lol.

"Maximize Your Mini's March" is amazing @haleyvvvv! I'm all about the alliteration.

I’m in! I haven’t even looked at mini make up yet.... mini skincare was enough of an eye opener @ShortErica ! 

Nice photos and line up @mazzkm! I'm also trying to get through my ever expanding stash! The Boscia gel hydrator is one of my holy grails, especially in the summer. Its so light weight but also so hydrating and a little goes a long way!

Last night was a retinol + BHA exfoliation night. Yesterday was a balmy 50ºF and my first full day outside in at least 2 weeks. I actually wore some makeup! 😄 Rather than use makeup remover last night, I wanted to see if Hydralight can remove concealer, setting powder, blush, brow pencil, and sunscreen on its own. (I’ve never truly tested that in all the months I’ve used that cleanser.) 

PM Feb. 22: the return of Indie Lee CoQ-10 toner plus a huge dose of moisturization.PM Feb. 22: the return of Indie Lee CoQ-10 toner plus a huge dose of moisturization.
Details: 
Spoiler
Wash: Paula’s Choice Hydralight Cleanser. It did indeed remove everything, yay! To test that, I used the next product on this list. 

Tone/essence: Indie Lee CoQ-10 Toner is what I often used before I tried e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence. I stopped using it because bergamot oil was starting to leave its mark on my face. [EDIT: this toner contains bitter orange oil, not bergamot. Both ingredients are equally terrible for my face.] Last night I pulled it out again to see if Hydralight left any makeup or sunscreen behind. (It didn’t.) I followed it with the e.l.f. essence to make sure my face had enough of a moisture base for BHA and retinol. 

Lip care: Aquaphor, topped at the end of this routine with Tatcha Kissu lip mask. I tried to squeeze Aquaphor into its proper order-of-use place in my photo but it looked too weird. 

Exfoliant: Paula’s Choice Clear Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution. 

Serums: Paula’s Choice 10% Niacinamide Booster, quickly followed by The Inkey List Retinol. 

Mask: SNP Double Moisturizing Per Fit Bio-Cell Mask. Another of the few honey masks I can use with no skin irritation, mostly because it’s ridiculously moisturizing. My skin has no chance of drying out after this mask, especially when I use a hydrating mist after the serum has soaked in. If I was an AM sheet mask person, this is one I’d use on cold winter mornings. 

Hydrating mist: YTTP Adaptogen Mist. I could’ve used something lighter weight—hell, I could’ve used plain ol’ water—but this wasn’t too heavy. 

Moisturizer: YTTP Superfood Moisturizer. After using this, my face is still tacky from the sheet mask and still smells like honey. That doesn’t bother me much when it comes to this mask. 

Reading your line-up reminded me to go put lip balm on! @WinglessOne 

@l8totheparty  Heh, my lips refuse to let me forget balm. I always split the lip care step because I can’t get further than toner/essence before my lips get uncomfortably dry, but don’t like to apply a lip mask until I’m done with everything else. Actually, I often don’t apply a lip mask until an hour or more after moisturizer, depending on how long it takes me afterward to go to bed. I don’t like drinking water/tea or eating snacks while wearing a lip mask. 😄 

Smart! @WinglessOne I dislike eating with anything on my lips- mask, gloss, lipstick.  Yuck. 💄

Wait a minute. New weightloss idea! 💡

Love the set up for your pic here @WinglessOne! 💗 That’s great to hear about the PC cleanser; I’ve heard good things about it. 

1 Reply
testing