Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

@WinglessOne how do you like the supergoop lip? I'm usually good about protecting my face, but I do neglect my lips a lot 😅

@averylayne  I’m bad about lip protection, too. 😄 I’m super religious about sunscreen on my face, but most lip balm sunscreens dry my lips out, so I’ve developed a bad habit of skipping lip protection over the years. Supergoop! AcaiFusion Lip Balm Broad Spectrum SPF 30 0.5 oz/ 15 mL is the only one that doesn’t make my lips a desert, though I do still use a thin layer of Aquaphor beneath it for moisture sealing. It’s invisible, smells like berries during application, and has no taste. And it plays nice with lipstick. I think Sephora still carries the mini, which I keep meaning to buy for my travel kit. 

@WinglessOne I do really like supergoop products, and I am in need of some lip SPF, so I definitely will check this one out.  Thanks!

Oh no @WinglessOne, I'm sorry to hear that the Meltdown has a ton of essential oils in it and that it led to an allergic reaction! I hope your antihistamines have few side effects! That seems so surprising that it would be full of them.

Thanks @haleyvvvv  I think it’s the combo of lavender oil, blue tansy, comfrey root, and tea tree oil that set off the hives. My skin can handle tea tree oil in small infrequent doses, but add lavender oil to the mix and things get risky. I knew the ingredients before I bought Meltdown, so I can only blame myself for the bad reaction. Everything else in Meltdown would normally be okay for me, were it not for that combo. My skin can even handle blue tansy very infrequently, when it’s not combined with another irritant. 

I’ll still give Meltdown another chance, though. I’ll just be even more careful about keeping it confined to acne and not letting it spread to other parts of my face. 

Maybe a paintbrush or cotton swabs to apply? I hope it works when its contained and that you don't have any more bad reactions, @WinglessOne!

@haleyvvvv  I used a cotton swab the first time. 🙂 I didn’t want to use my fingers, lest I end up with trace amounts of Meltdown on them after washing my hands. When I try it again tonight, I’ll surround the acne with an Aquaphor barrier first and see if it keeps Meltdown confined to a very small area. 

Oh wow! That's so runny!

Good luck with the protective barrier,  @WinglessOne! Hope it made it so Meltdown didn't lead to anymore allergic reactions

Today’s routine. Skin looks a little bumpy, suspect it’s the after-effects of some exfoliation. Weather is normal.
0B61059C-EC85-490E-9334-847391B55011.jpeg

Spoiler

PMPM

Spoiler

@eshoe the GLOW RECIPE - Banana Soufflé Moisture Cream is light, correct? I've been saving it for summer since some of the other moisturizers I have are a bit more hefty and if there's a "good" time to use them in Florida, it's now. Also, how's your Laneige progress going? I feel like I'm halfway through mine but maybe not. It's only been a year and a half.

The GR is pretty light, @ShortErica.  My skin has been pretty normal this year and I’ve been able to use it at night as well as during the day. 

The Laneige is still going so slowly, I want to finish it this year but it will be a stretch😄

Travel set-up : Been using some variation of this combo for last 2 days and nights. Plus Drunk Elephant F-Balm™ Electrolyte Waterfacial Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mLfor the flights.

23rd, 24th & 25th line-up23rd, 24th & 25th line-up

Love seeing the travel edition of your skin are routine @naturalooks15! Hope your trip is going well!

Your routine looks very skin-friendly and non-stress-inducing, @naturalooks15

Update to the AM routineAM routineAM routine

Spoiler

I have not used the wander beauty for just that 'crisis of identity' reason! 

@haleyvvvv 

Also, I'm using the SK-II essence as well, and I'm liking it for how my skin feels while using it. My skin feels softer when I use it.

Crisis of identity is such a good way to describe it, @l8totheparty!

I'm glad you're liking the Pitera! It's great it makes your skin more soft!

I sampled the IT cleanser a few months ago and liked it; I’ve made a note to try the Philosophy one @haleyvvvv, but after I’ve made a dent in my cleanser collection. 😆 

It's good, @itsfi. I think the It one is supposed to be anti-aging, but 🤷‍♀️? I mean, I've only been using a few weeks. Definitely get some packets of the Philosophy one (it lasts me a week), if you can, but I definitely feel you on the working through my cleansers.

@haleyvvvv, I have a very healthy supply of cleansers to rotate through; and they’re ones I really like so I’m not complaining. A lot of brands have been coming out with some fabulous cleansers which I’m also not complaining about. Great to have so many good options for folks. 

That Skyn eye pen might be the most frustrating product I’ve tried from the brand, @haleyvvvv - you are not alone! Their eye gels on the other hand are lovely.

Very cool that you have a few samples of the CEO serum, I loved it because of the scent/consistency of the product (much like Truth Serum). Enjoy 😊 

1 Reply
testing