Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Oh no, @missjeanie! And inevitably that happens on the day the day one needs to rush out 😕 . I hope you were able to adjust your routine and don't have more pilling

I managed to narrow it down to a few possible culprits and used them up quickly on my body so that it wasn't an issue again @haleyvvvv .  None of the possibles were items I'd be looking to purchase so I'm okay.   But man... makeup wipes sure come in handy sometimes!

Fun sized February- love it! @missjeanie 

It’s been fun for sure @l8totheparty ! So many things I’d forgotten I had and I’m glad I got to try things that I thought I’d love, but didn’t ... before I bought a full size! 

That is the best reason to try the fun-sized products! @missjeanie 

Changed up my morning routine a bit today. 

AM Feb. 24: products used in clockwise order, starting with cleanser.AM Feb. 24: products used in clockwise order, starting with cleanser.
Details: 
Spoiler
Wash: Paula’s Choice Resist Optimal Results Hydrating Cleanser. Yeah, I said I’d just stick with one cleanser AM and PM. But after using up the travel size of this cream cleanser, I decided to buy a full size for mornings.  

Tone/essence: e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence. 

Lip care: Glossier Bubblewrap as a lip serum, topped at the end of this routine with Aquaphor as balm, and then Supergoop Acai Fusion Balm as sunscreen. 

Serums: Paula’s Choice Clinical 20% Niacinamide Treatment. Curiosity made me buy this. It has a very smooth yet not siliconey texture. It feels great. Can’t say much about results until I’ve used it for a couple weeks. I followed it with Farmacy Very Cherry Bright, though the niacinamide booster contains some vit C. This combo, used in this order, made my skin very tacky for a good 15 minutes. I’ll try it again tomorrow morning in reverse order and see if that helps. 

Hydrating mist: YTTP Adaptogen Mist, to give Very Cherry Bright’s hyaluronic acid some moisture to grab. 

Moisturizer: Herbivore Emerald CBD Oil, followed by YTTP Superfood Moisturizer. 

Sunscreen: Coola Full Spectrum Sun Silk Drops. Normally I use Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen around my eyes, but today I used Sun Silk Drops instead. It’s better than most sunscreens about not irritating my eyes, but not as good as Unseen Sunscreen. I do still love Sun Silk Drops everywhere else on my face. 
Last night’s routine: 

PM Feb. 23PM Feb. 23
Details: 
Spoiler
Wash: Paula’s Choice Hydralight Cleanser. 

Tone/essence: e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence. 

Lip care: Sephora Honey Lip Scrub. I hadn’t used it in months and couldn’t remember if it dried my lips out. Sadly, it does, so I won’t use it again. After wiping it off my mouth and tapping water on my lips, I applied good ol’ Aquaphor. Topped it at the end of this routine with Tatcha Kissu lip mask.  

Serums: DDG Ferulic + Retinol Eye Serum under my eyes. Paula’s Choice 10% Niacinamide Booster on my whole face, followed by The Ordinary Buffet. 

Mask: Papa Recipe Bombee Fruitables Yellow Squeeze Mask. I’m not a fan of this Bombee mask, but I have a few more to either use or give away. They’re not terrible. They just don’t do much for me. 

Spot treatment: Blume Meltdown, used directly on acne and nowhere else because this stuff’s loaded with essential oils I shouldn’t put on my face. I gave it a few minutes to soak in before moving on with my routine, but I think applying mist and moisturizers caused Meltdown to migrate onto my neck, causing a super itchy hives reaction. My hydrocortisone cream wasn’t enough to stop the itch, so I had to pop an antihistamine. 😞 If I try Meltdown again, I’ll apply it after moisturizer. 

Hydrating mist: Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow. 

Moisturizer: Herbivore Emerald CBD Oil, followed by YTTP Superfood Moisturizer. 

@WinglessOne the unseen is next on my list to try! I'm currently using the coola and I love it!

@Kim888  I hope you like Unseen Sunscreen! Supergoop very recently reformulated it to be reef-friendly; I haven’t used the new version yet, but will soon because my current tube’s almost empty. 

@WinglessOne  I’m super excited to see a good review for the SPF drops! I think I have a sample of these I need to test out.

@missjeanie  I love using COOLA Full Spectrum 360° Sun Silk Drops Organic Sunscreen SPF 30 in cold weather. I’ve used it most of this winter. It’s oil based, so it’s kinda like an extra layer of moisturization for my skin, plus it gives me a nice lit-from-within glow. It contains bitter orange extract which my face doesn’t like, but that doesn’t seem to be a problem (yet) combined with everything else in this sunscreen. I’m sure Sun Silk Drops’ citrus scent comes from bitter orange. 

Let me know what you think if/when you try your sample! 

@WinglessOne You're saying all the right things to me here!  I love the idea of an oil based sunscreen during the winter.  I also have a love hate with orange oil.   I love the scent, but I know it's not good for my skin.  My skin doesn't seem to mind it much at the moment, but I know in the long run it's not a great ingredient.  I just found my mini to test out tomorrow!

@WinglessOne how do you like the supergoop lip? I'm usually good about protecting my face, but I do neglect my lips a lot 😅

@averylayne  I’m bad about lip protection, too. 😄 I’m super religious about sunscreen on my face, but most lip balm sunscreens dry my lips out, so I’ve developed a bad habit of skipping lip protection over the years. Supergoop! AcaiFusion Lip Balm Broad Spectrum SPF 30 is the only one that doesn’t make my lips a desert, though I do still use a thin layer of Aquaphor beneath it for moisture sealing. It’s invisible, smells like berries during application, and has no taste. And it plays nice with lipstick. I think Sephora still carries the mini, which I keep meaning to buy for my travel kit. 

@WinglessOne I do really like supergoop products, and I am in need of some lip SPF, so I definitely will check this one out.  Thanks!

Oh no @WinglessOne, I'm sorry to hear that the Meltdown has a ton of essential oils in it and that it led to an allergic reaction! I hope your antihistamines have few side effects! That seems so surprising that it would be full of them.

Thanks @haleyvvvv  I think it’s the combo of lavender oil, blue tansy, comfrey root, and tea tree oil that set off the hives. My skin can handle tea tree oil in small infrequent doses, but add lavender oil to the mix and things get risky. I knew the ingredients before I bought Meltdown, so I can only blame myself for the bad reaction. Everything else in Meltdown would normally be okay for me, were it not for that combo. My skin can even handle blue tansy very infrequently, when it’s not combined with another irritant. 

I’ll still give Meltdown another chance, though. I’ll just be even more careful about keeping it confined to acne and not letting it spread to other parts of my face. 

Maybe a paintbrush or cotton swabs to apply? I hope it works when its contained and that you don't have any more bad reactions, @WinglessOne!

@haleyvvvv  I used a cotton swab the first time. 🙂 I didn’t want to use my fingers, lest I end up with trace amounts of Meltdown on them after washing my hands. When I try it again tonight, I’ll surround the acne with an Aquaphor barrier first and see if it keeps Meltdown confined to a very small area. 

Oh wow! That's so runny!

Good luck with the protective barrier,  @WinglessOne! Hope it made it so Meltdown didn't lead to anymore allergic reactions

Today’s routine. Skin looks a little bumpy, suspect it’s the after-effects of some exfoliation. Weather is normal.
0B61059C-EC85-490E-9334-847391B55011.jpeg

Spoiler

PMPM

Spoiler

@eshoe the Glow Recipe Banana Soufflé Moisture Cream is light, correct? I've been saving it for summer since some of the other moisturizers I have are a bit more hefty and if there's a "good" time to use them in Florida, it's now. Also, how's your Laneige progress going? I feel like I'm halfway through mine but maybe not. It's only been a year and a half.

2 Replies