Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Masks are always for the win, @l8totheparty! Glad this one helped!

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is my AM and PM routine lately. I'm wanting to swap out the Clean and Clear cleanser with a less harsh oil-based cleaner. Waiting till Friday to buy one 🙈 I have normal to dry skin, but harsh Saskatchewan winters has my skin extremely dry, and so far this is helping with that! (minus the acne cleanser) After the Laneige essence I use sunscreen in the AM!

Total hassle in winter indeed!  Some days I don't wear sunscreen in winter because I'm not outside in the daylight anyways lol. @PerfctPorcelain 

Stay warm and hydrated, @PerfctPorcelain! I left prairie winters behind this year, but I remember the hassle for skincare.

I’m in the midst of fun sized February — shout out to @ShortErica  for naming my challenge. So my routine has been all over the place. Last night I needed some scrubbing... probably more mentally than actually... so I broke into the ski food scrubbing wash. Nice. Not as scrubby as I was hoping, but probably as scrubby as anyone’s skin needs. I’m happy with my clearance purchase! I’m not totally in love with any of these. But they aren’t awful. Except the skyn cooling moisturizer. It’s mid winter in Canada... I do not need a cooling sensation. Kinda makes me wonder what’s in it that gives the cooling too... can it really be good for my skin?I’m not totally in love with any of these. But they aren’t awful. Except the skyn cooling moisturizer. It’s mid winter in Canada... I do not need a cooling sensation. Kinda makes me wonder what’s in it that gives the cooling too... can it really be good for my skin?

Ha love the fun-size February idea @missjeanie! I just finished that Kiehl’s finally, as a foot cream;) works beautifully!

Ha!!!  @eshoe I'm not in love with the Keihl's sleeping mask either.  Its got a nice thickness to it, but something about both the user experience and the effect... so meh.  I might just borrow your foot cream idea.  Bugger it... my elbows always need a little love too.  Going to do a layer right now before job 2!

My feet have never been softer, @missjeanie. I’ve been finishing face cream this way since I ran out last month and they are softer than ever😂 I may not buy foot cream again.

Aaaaah! Fun Size February is SO good! I'm sorry none of these were winners, @missjeanie! but that's what fun sizes are best for!

This is exactly what it’s for @haleyvvvv ! I reminded myself of this before work today when I had to wash all the pilling off my face and start over. 🙄

Oh no, @missjeanie! And inevitably that happens on the day the day one needs to rush out 😕 . I hope you were able to adjust your routine and don't have more pilling

I managed to narrow it down to a few possible culprits and used them up quickly on my body so that it wasn't an issue again @haleyvvvv .  None of the possibles were items I'd be looking to purchase so I'm okay.   But man... makeup wipes sure come in handy sometimes!

Fun sized February- love it! @missjeanie 

It’s been fun for sure @l8totheparty ! So many things I’d forgotten I had and I’m glad I got to try things that I thought I’d love, but didn’t ... before I bought a full size! 

That is the best reason to try the fun-sized products! @missjeanie 

Changed up my morning routine a bit today. 

AM Feb. 24: products used in clockwise order, starting with cleanser.AM Feb. 24: products used in clockwise order, starting with cleanser.
Details: 
Spoiler
Wash: Paula’s Choice Resist Optimal Results Hydrating Cleanser. Yeah, I said I’d just stick with one cleanser AM and PM. But after using up the travel size of this cream cleanser, I decided to buy a full size for mornings.  

Tone/essence: e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence. 

Lip care: Glossier Bubblewrap as a lip serum, topped at the end of this routine with Aquaphor as balm, and then Supergoop Acai Fusion Balm as sunscreen. 

Serums: Paula’s Choice Clinical 20% Niacinamide Treatment. Curiosity made me buy this. It has a very smooth yet not siliconey texture. It feels great. Can’t say much about results until I’ve used it for a couple weeks. I followed it with Farmacy Very Cherry Bright, though the niacinamide booster contains some vit C. This combo, used in this order, made my skin very tacky for a good 15 minutes. I’ll try it again tomorrow morning in reverse order and see if that helps. 

Hydrating mist: YTTP Adaptogen Mist, to give Very Cherry Bright’s hyaluronic acid some moisture to grab. 

Moisturizer: Herbivore Emerald CBD Oil, followed by YTTP Superfood Moisturizer. 

Sunscreen: Coola Full Spectrum Sun Silk Drops. Normally I use Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen around my eyes, but today I used Sun Silk Drops instead. It’s better than most sunscreens about not irritating my eyes, but not as good as Unseen Sunscreen. I do still love Sun Silk Drops everywhere else on my face. 
Last night’s routine: 

PM Feb. 23PM Feb. 23
Details: 
Spoiler
Wash: Paula’s Choice Hydralight Cleanser. 

Tone/essence: e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence. 

Lip care: Sephora Honey Lip Scrub. I hadn’t used it in months and couldn’t remember if it dried my lips out. Sadly, it does, so I won’t use it again. After wiping it off my mouth and tapping water on my lips, I applied good ol’ Aquaphor. Topped it at the end of this routine with Tatcha Kissu lip mask.  

Serums: DDG Ferulic + Retinol Eye Serum under my eyes. Paula’s Choice 10% Niacinamide Booster on my whole face, followed by The Ordinary Buffet. 

Mask: Papa Recipe Bombee Fruitables Yellow Squeeze Mask. I’m not a fan of this Bombee mask, but I have a few more to either use or give away. They’re not terrible. They just don’t do much for me. 

Spot treatment: Blume Meltdown, used directly on acne and nowhere else because this stuff’s loaded with essential oils I shouldn’t put on my face. I gave it a few minutes to soak in before moving on with my routine, but I think applying mist and moisturizers caused Meltdown to migrate onto my neck, causing a super itchy hives reaction. My hydrocortisone cream wasn’t enough to stop the itch, so I had to pop an antihistamine. 😞 If I try Meltdown again, I’ll apply it after moisturizer. 

Hydrating mist: Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow. 

Moisturizer: Herbivore Emerald CBD Oil, followed by YTTP Superfood Moisturizer. 

@WinglessOne the unseen is next on my list to try! I'm currently using the coola and I love it!

@Kim888  I hope you like Unseen Sunscreen! Supergoop very recently reformulated it to be reef-friendly; I haven’t used the new version yet, but will soon because my current tube’s almost empty. 

@WinglessOne  I’m super excited to see a good review for the SPF drops! I think I have a sample of these I need to test out.

@missjeanie  I love using COOLA Sun Silk Face Sunscreen Drops with SPF 30 and Hyaluronic Acid 1 oz / 30 mL in cold weather. I’ve used it most of this winter. It’s oil based, so it’s kinda like an extra layer of moisturization for my skin, plus it gives me a nice lit-from-within glow. It contains bitter orange extract which my face doesn’t like, but that doesn’t seem to be a problem (yet) combined with everything else in this sunscreen. I’m sure Sun Silk Drops’ citrus scent comes from bitter orange. 

Let me know what you think if/when you try your sample! 

@WinglessOne You're saying all the right things to me here!  I love the idea of an oil based sunscreen during the winter.  I also have a love hate with orange oil.   I love the scent, but I know it's not good for my skin.  My skin doesn't seem to mind it much at the moment, but I know in the long run it's not a great ingredient.  I just found my mini to test out tomorrow!

13 Replies
testing