Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Thanks @itsfi ! I finally figured out a photo arrangement that conveys the info I want to share without requiring numbers. 😄 And yeah, Hydralight is fantastic for my combo skin. I wish I’d started using it years ago. 

@WinglessOne, I'm adding some samples of the PC Hydralight (and the one mentioned in your monthly favorites) to my shopping cart. My skin is usually dehydrated-combo and with how the weather has been here, it seems like it will lean more in that direction sooner rather than later.

RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Sounds like your skin is going to be so moisturized and soft in the morning! 😍 What effect was happening with the Indie Lee toner?

Re: RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

@mazzkm  I was starting to get some new redness and spent a couple weeks narrowing down which product(s) caused it. Luckily I didn’t get hives, itching, or extreme flaking; that’s usually how my face reacts to too much essential oil exposure. But I took the redness as a warning sign and stopped using the Indie Lee toner. 

I still think it’s a good toner, though. I’d finished half the bottle before I stopped usage, so I definitely enjoyed it. I can probably still use it, just not daily like I had been. It’ll be a once in a while thing for me, at least until this bottle’s empty. 

@WinglessOne Wait, what? I don't see bergamot oil in the ingredient list of my Indie Lee toner. Do you know if it was reformulated or something?

Hopefully, you won't get that reaction if you use it less often.

@RoxyKitty  Nope, you’re right: that toner contains bitter orange oil, not bergamot. I must’ve had bergamot on the brain. 😂 But bitter orange is another ingredient my face hates, and I think bergamot is a subspecies of bitter orange. They’re not the same plant, but they’re related. 

I was all excited when you pointed that out because I thought Indie Lee might’ve reformulated the toner to remove that ingredient. Sadly, it’s still near the end of the list. I wish they’d remove it because I really do like this toner. 

Skipped morning.
Travelling tomorrow so didn’t want much surprises hence only long term tested products. Essentially same routine as yesterday night but Applied CosRX BHA and kept it for hour before adding anything else as a painful pimple below lips/ just above chin started today afternoon. 
TonightTonight

I just heard about the Zit Sticks Killa Kit that apparently is AMAZING for the bad zits! They might help if you have any painful ones that won't go away.

For those big painful pimples, I find the Clinique acne clinical clearing gel. Best spot treatment out there. I believe @itsfi uses this as well.

@sprocketta, I do use the Clinique Acne clearing gel, mainly when I have clogged pores. It’s pretty potent and I have to be careful because it will dry up my skin pretty badly if I overdo it, which I recently did. GlamGlow SuperMud and Sunday Riley Saturn are my favorites for spot treating acne. @l8totheparty.

Ooooh, putting this product in my notes @sprocketta 

@l8totheparty I cannot recommend highly enough. It will zap a really large zit in 2 days.

I’ve been rolling through my expiring Frudia pomegranate masks the last few nights, but last night I wanted to try a new-to-me mask. 

PM Feb. 21: new-to-me mask on a non-retinol night.PM Feb. 21: new-to-me mask on a non-retinol night.

Details: 

Spoiler
Wash: Paula’s Choice Hydralight Cleanser. 

Tone/hydrate: e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence. 

Lip care: Aquaphor, topped at the end of this routine with Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask. It’s kinda weird going back to this lip mask after getting used to the Tatcha lip mask texture. 😄 I think I might kinda sorta like Kissu better. Never thought I’d say that! 

Serums: Paula’s Choice 10% Niacinamide Booster, followed by DDG Ferulic + Retinol Eye Serum on my whole face. I try not to use the DDG eye serum on my whole face because that’s not very cost efficient, but it contains so much good stuff (beyond its low-strength retinol). I’m going to mix it with the niacinamide booster next time I go full face with it, rather than layer the serums separately. 

Mask: The Orchid Skin Orchid Flower Moisture Mask. I’d never tried this mask before, and now I’m glad I bought a pack of 10 because apparently Orchid Skin no longer makes this one. (I wonder if it’s a combo of 2 of their other masks.) It’s surprisingly hydrating and moisturizing, plus cooling. Made my skin happy. If I ever see them again, I’ll buy ‘em. 

Moisturizer: YTTP Superfood Moisturizer. All around my orbital bone, I added a layer of e.l.f. Nourishing Facial Oil. 

Oooh, I remember seeing that sheet mask in my bin! 🥰 I have a handful of sheet masks I want to use up before delving into some of my newer ones but am excited to give it a go! 😃 Always nice to have ones that make your skin happy @WinglessOne

@itsfi  Can’t wait to see your thoughts on that mask, once you’re ready to give it a go! 

I am really debating on trying Paula's Choice. What are your thoughts? I am debating on the Niacinamide oil you have the the Electrolyte Moisturizer (hoping this one is a dupe for Drunk Elephants new "mask")!

@FlawlessMistake  Within the last 12 months, several Paula’s Choice have found their way into my skincare routine, starting with cleansers: I had to find a new non-drying cleanser that contained no irritants, and PC has many options that fit the bill. Their Hydralight Cleanser is one of my favorite things ever. 

About the 10% Niacinamide Booster: it’s not an oil. It’s a very watery serum. And I mean VERY watery: it’ll completely soak into your palm if you leave it pooled there longer than, oh, 20-30 seconds. I think it’s formulated more for mixing into other products (serums and moisturizers), though PC says you can also use it solo. Since it’s so watery, it soaks quickly into my face and leaves no sticky/tacky feel behind—so I can quickly apply my next skincare product over it, with no pilling issues. I’ve been using it on my whole face for a few days. My very bumpy tear troughs are still textured (I’d need to use this booster for at least another 2 weeks to see big results there) but the bumps have softened a bit. Concealer sits nicer in my tear troughs now. And of course, niacinamide is a great skin brightener. 

I can tell you about some of the other Paula’s Choice products in my routine, if you’re interested. 🙂 But overall, I like that they cater product collections to specific skin types, and they don’t use fragrances or common skin irritants in their formulas. Also, many of their products cost less than comparable products by other brands. They’re not as inexpensive as The Inkey List or The Ordinary (2 other brands that have some products I love), but they’re certainly more cost effective than Drunk Elephant. 

@WinglessOne Amazing line up and notes, as always! What makes you enjoy the Tatcha over the Laneige? I don't love the Laneige, so I'm on the lookout for new masks (although I have like a thousand deluxe samples of Laneige to get through first, lol).

@haleyvvvv   At first, I didn’t love Kissu’s texture. It’s... weird. Not quite a gel, not quite jelly (though that’s what Tatcha calls it), definitely not a balm. It’s kinda sticky. But it’s also very lightweight compared to the Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask. It doesn’t make my lips feel like they’re heavily coated. I didn’t realize just how thick and heavy LSM is until I switched back to it. After using Kissu for a few nights, Laneige makes my lips feel coated in melted wax. 

I need less Kissu than LSM to thoroughly coat my lips. It has a very light peach scent that’s detectable only for a second or 2. And I prefer Kissu’s ingredient list. It took me a few nights to get used to Kissu’s texture, but now I have trouble with LSM’s texture. 

I’ll still try to use up my full size LSM, but I’ll probably use Kissu much more often. I wonder how long it’ll take to get through the Kissu jar, since I need such a tiny amount per use. 😄 

I definitely recognize the waxy description @WinglessOne! But also goopy? I can't quite figure out the Laneige.

Thanks for the info!! Definitely eager to try the Kissu, especially if a little goes a long way!

Thursday PMThursday PM

Sat AMSat AM

testing