Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

โญ Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Itโ€™s the brightening essense, looks like itโ€™s gone from their website ๐Ÿ˜ฌ @sprocketta . Thatโ€™s too bad itโ€™s a nice product. 

@jen81 Thanks so much for the info about the PC RESIST Brightening Essence.  I'm on my second bottle, and really love that product.  I contacted PC, and they confirmed that it has been discontinued.  ๐Ÿ˜ž  After an exhaustive search, I was able to get one from another site - and paid more than I would have preferred.  That's fine for now, but IDK what I will do in the future to replace the product.

Also tagging @sprocketta 

Oh dang it sure is a nice product. Makes my skin plump! @greeneyedgirl107  skin store has it in stock it looks like. I will have to look at the ingredients list and figure out something similar. 

@jen81 Yes - it DOES make skin plump.  I ended up purchasing it from Skinstore - it didn't qualify for the 20% off welcome promo, though.  And they are currently having a flash 30% off sale - and I don't think it applies there, either.  If you find anything similar, pls let me know!!!

image.jpg

@greeneyedgirl107   Left is ingredients of good molecules daily brightening serum and right is paulas choice brightening essense. Good molecules is missing some good ingredients such as niacinamide , ascorbyl glycoside. But it has arbutin Hyaluronic acid. It does plump my skin up.  

Wow, thanks so much @jen81 !

Guess I'm not getting this one @greeneyedgirl107  but I'm not sure that I really need an essence.

@sprocketta Yeah, you may not need one.  I've become quite attached to mine, though.  IDK what I will do without it once my supply runs out.  I really like it for making my skin supple, esp in the cold months.  I have no idea for a possible replacement.  I guess I might finally try the Pyunkang Yul Toner Essence.  If you have any ideas, pls let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Those are very good products! Iโ€™m also on the empties journey with some of my skin care products

How's the SPF @jen81? I see it's a zinc oxide one. Any white cast?

No itโ€™s lightly tinted. @ShortErica . Itโ€™s zinc and titanium. It works great under makeup for me.

@jen81 Thanks! Have you tried it on its own?

Iโ€™ve worn it by itself to take my daughter to school or just on makeup free days and I really like it. Not as heavy as a BB/CC type product. But evens out and reduces a bit of redness. Itโ€™s definitely my HG moisturizer. @ShortErica 

Awesome @jen81! Adding to my to-try list.

I finished my CeraVe PM and Vichy 89 so here are my latest routines

AMAMPMPM

I still switch between if I use the CeraVe or Yadah cleanser in the morning though generally it's the CeraVe. Foaming cleansers just haven't been for me. The bubbles tend to go wild and my skin is a bit too squeaky. It's a cool thing to learn. The product is fine but just not a "me" one. I'm not wasting it though.

The FIRST AID BEAUTY - Hello FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer just doesn't feel like it is advertised correctly. If the product was listed as a Moisturizing Primer I would say good job. But as a Priming Moisturizer it's eh. At least for me it doesn't seem very moisturizing. I know it says lightweight lotion but that's what I would classify CeraVe PM as and it feels better. The FAB has a light tint from iron oxides and sparkles from mica. That isn't my look but I know some people will appreciate it. I see it as a good start before your base but it doesn't hold up to my standard of a moisturizer if that makes sense.

I've been using The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid for a little while now. I think it is making a difference. I still use it every 2-3 nights though.

The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Hydrating Face Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL has been good. I like that there are two levels of HA in it. The consistency just seems so watery compared to the Vichy and it has been an adjustment. I'm guessing this won't last too long but have a 2nd one to try and also I want to incorporate The Inkey List Sea Kelp Serum (which I can't seem to tag) into my morning routine with it.

Iโ€™ve heard good reviews about the ink key @ShortErica โค๏ธ

B818EACA-FA67-4415-AA26-2DDEAA7C4532.jpeg

Last nights routine- used Ren cleansing Balm twice and then retinol. I usually add facial oil to my toner and then apply. My bottle is a mix of sea buckthorn oil and jojoba oil. Then I tip with moisturizer. 

Nice line up @jen81! How's the A plus retinol?

Last night and tonight

Weather: sunny! And warmish. A little humid.

Skin: only some hormonal acne blips on the chin. Normal otherwise.

Tuesday 2/18 PMTuesday 2/18 PM

Spoiler

Wednesday

Spoiler

My routines are pretty much the same every night, except switching out which masks and actives I use. I should be switching it up in the next few days, though, as I am nearly out of my Shiseido ๐Ÿ˜ž , Jet Lag mask, eye cream and TO lactic acid. I also need to update my morning routine, but I need to get a picture.

Some very nice products @haleyvvvv ๐Ÿฅฐ, love the PTR cucumber gel mask.  

Thanks @2manyperfumes! The PTR is a good gel cooling, hydrating mask. It's not my favorite hydrating mask, but it definitely gets the job done.

7 Replies
testing