Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

I have a small jar of the Honey potion.  It’s pretty good @haleyvvvv ❤️ I don’t mind the cucumber gel butbinonoybuse it every couple of weeks.  It certainly lasted a long time because it’s expensive lol

@2manyperfumes It is so expensive! I got the jar sample pack of all 6 masks, which is much more reasonable to try them all. I think that my skin prefers the Honey potion or the PTR Hungarian thermal water mask (the ones that inspire it to be more hydrated). I'm glad you like the cucumber one!

I agree, I bought mine as a kit of masks when they were on sale.  You get more for your money that way.  Love the pumpkin enzyme mask and the Irish mud mask for a deep clean.

RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Nice products!!! I’ve tried the shisheido cream and I really enjoyed it

Re: RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Thanks, @idanyd! The Shiseido just leaves my face so soft, it's such a good product and its nice to see it get some love. I am so sad that I'm on my last few uses 😞 but also proud that I finished a full size.

Tonight I’m testing another product from my recent Sephora gratis package, now that I’ve patch tested it for weeks. My, how green my photo looks. 😄 

PM Feb. 19: products used in clockwise order, starting with cleanser.PM Feb. 19: products used in clockwise order, starting with cleanser.

Details: 

Spoiler
Wash: Paula’s Choice Clear Pore Normalizing Cleanser. 

Tone/hydrate: e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence. 

Lip care: Aquaphor, topped at the end of this routine with Tatcha Kissu Lip Mask.  

Serums: DDG Ferulic + Retinol Eye Serum on my undereyes. Paula’s Choice 10% Niacinamide Booster on my whole face, followed by The Ordinary Buffet. 

Hydrating mist: YTTP Adaptogen Mist, aka Buffet’s buddy. 

Moisturizer: Herbivore Emerald CBD Oil, followed by YTTP Superfood Moisturizer. 

Sleeping mask: Laneige Cica Sleeping Mask, received as gratis from Sephora. The instructions say to use 1-2 times a week, so that’s how frequently I’ve been patch testing it. Tonight I finally used it on my whole face. It’s very silky creamy and feels quite moisturizing. I’m glad it doesn’t have much of a scent. Tingled in a couple places for 5-10 minutes, but so far I’ve noticed no bad reaction despite the geranium oil in this stuff. We’ll see how my skin feels about it when I wake up. 

Ooh very  nice @WinglessOne ❤️❤️, how is the Laneige sleeping mask?  I’ve seen products with Cica in them but I don’t know what it does.

@2manyperfumes  So far, I like the Laneige mask a lot. 🙂 Tonight I posted a longer review in the gratis thread: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/The-Gratis-Thread/m-p/5195829/highlight/true#M3...

“Cica” is centella asiatica; you’ll also see it called “tiger grass” and “gotu kola.” It’s a plant-derived antioxidant used mostly to soothe inflammation and beef up the skin barrier. If your skin’s sensitive and/or suffers from red inflammation, cica’s worth reading up on. 

Thank you @WinglessOne ❤️

@WinglessOne I'd love to hear your review on the cica sleeping mask. I don't have much redness but I do wonder if it would help the bit I have. Please update me.

@sprocketta  Perfect timing: I’m about to post about it in the gratis thread. I’ll tag you there. 🙂 Very quickly though, I’ll say it did help my redness and made my skin super soft and smooth overnight. 

20200219_000942.jpg

Evening routine last night. Skin: feeling gorgeous and normal. I used the SEPHORA COLLECTION Rose Quartz Facial Roller courtesy of Sephora and @TeamBIC  with myKORRES - Wild Rose Brightening Oil(courtesy of @lmaster ). Since it was a roses kind of evening, I paired it with the rose Creme Shop mask. My skin seemed to love the DRUNK ELEPHANT - T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Resurfacing Night Serum.

Tonight:  skin glowing and even. That combination of skincare last night was excellent. 20200220_001237.jpg

I really need to get a roller @l8totheparty looks like I'm the one that late to the party 😆😉

A roller and some oil and google search lymphatic drainage massage or face massage with a roller and boom!  Ahhhhhh, my face feels great. 😊 @lmaster 

@l8totheparty does it help open up your sinuses?? 

Hmmm.. ... my sinuses aren't stuffed in the first place, but it does make everything feel better, and gives my face a smidge more definition weirdly enough. @lmaster 

@lmaster, I think you would love the facial roller! 💖 @l8totheparty 

I love the fresh cream @l8totheparty it smells so good! I see lots of great products in your routine.

Thanks @jen81 . It does smell soo good, doesn't it. 😊🥭🍑

Oooh, I have a couple of deluxe samples of that fresh night cream! How are you finding it, @l8totheparty?

My skin loves it! It hydrates my face really well. I looked in my jar and actually said 'aww' when I saw the big dent I had in it (I'm about half-way through the jar).  And it smells devine! @haleyvvvv 

5 Replies
testing