Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Glad to see it was a nice pick you up 😉 @eshoe 

So many lovely products @eshoe and how sweet that so many were from other BIC members!! I've always wanted to try that Tatcha eye treatment, what do you find it helps with most?

@haleyvvvv it’s a two-in-one for me; eye cream and concealer. It takes a little more effort as it needs a very gentle and patient ‘tap, tap, tap’ and need to work with the skin a bit. It lightens as it sets, so it works as a concealer for me that looks incredibly natural. I don’t normally wear concealer under my eyes except after periods of poor sleep. It works beautifully with my no-makeup makeup:)

@eshoe  It’s all I used after I had my son. It saved me from looking like I didn’t sleep ever. Which was the case! But it least I looked like I had slept. 

Oh I so hear ya @ather! I was blessed with a very alert daughter who finally started sleeping well around age 4. Hope you are getting a bit more sleep 💤 finally!

@eshoe  Oh no 😱 I feel you!!! My son was still getting up every hour until 18 months ish my husband was going away for 3 months and I decided I needed to be able to sleep and finally got him sleeping through the night. 

Oh wow, hugs to you, @ather! I feel like it’s taken years to recover, maybe that’s just what to expect as a mom😄

@eshoe  I bet especially if it took your daughter till 4. Did she nap good tho?

She stopped napping around two I think @ather - those days are so blurry now, they were then, too. She’s a pretty good sleeper now, kind of the best☺️ I think I remember a pic or two you had on the pets thread, your son is still pretty young?

@eshoe  well that’s awesome she’s good now!! He will be 2 in May! I agree I feel the first year is very foggy to me too. 

Good to know @eshoe, thank you!! I'm so impatient and usually rushed in the mornings that this probably won't work for me, but have a few samples to try. I will definitely use your patient tap method!

They had a promo right around the time I bought this, @haleyvvvv. I almost went for the promo because it lasts forever, but knew I would use it. 

It does take time to work it in properly which discourages me from using it on days when I really could use it. I just have to make the time, because I always feel better when I’m wearing it.

Tonight is sample night.  My sample bin is getting too full and i refuse to let it get out of control again. 9029CA79-915D-4B0A-BAB5-4E8D023D4EDB.jpeg

I didn’t end up using the IT secret sauce.  The PTR laser free resurfacer is going into my cart.  It contains dragons blood which seems to have made my skin very happy and super moisturized.  

@heartsmyface  Hmm dragons blood. Interesting 🧐 

Brava on your sample night @heartsmyface !! That's so impressive! I need to start doing this more.

Haven’t tried dragons blood yet @heartsmyface , though I see it in quite a few products. Nice using up the stash;)

I have got to dip harder into my samples. Congrats on going all out with yours! @heartsmyface 

@l8totheparty   I actually enjoy sample days a lot.  It’s a fun challenge to see if I can do a full skincare routine using just samples.  

sadly the one thing I actually liked enough to purchase isn’t sold anymore:/ I did find a Rodial  dragons blood serum that I hope is just as good.  

@heartsmyface  Is that the PTR? I wonder if it’s just pulled out of Canada 

That is such a great idea, @heartsmyface !  But that sucks that the item is no longer available, just when a person finds an item they like!

Last night's skincare: skin: recovering from hormonal breakouts, otherwise normal.  Weather: dry cold.20200212_224323.jpg

1st trial of the Herbivore Lapis Blue Tansy Face Oil - For Oily & Acne-Prone Skin 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

I don't like to add 2 new items into my routine at the same time in case of a reaction, but I do have many, many foils and samples to try out. 1st reaction to this oil: I like it, it smells like....blueberries? How are oils supposed to balance my skin though? Good thing there is enough for another try in the little foil. 

2 Replies
testing