Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

@atherand it's so hydrating that you really don't need to use very much at any one time! 

@CookieGirl1 How long is it supposed to last? I know I bought mine when it first came out and I’m not even 1/2 way through. I need to start using it more, sometimes I am just too tired to add on a sleeping mask but I do not want to waste this one at all!

@eshoe  Supposedly it's a 12 month shelf life.  I'll be honest; mine has been open about 10 or 11 months and I'M only a little over halfway through mine because I was kind of hoarding it :(.  However, it still seems fine.  It's made me realize, though, that I really need to stop just trying to make it last and I need to use it because I do really enjoy using it and I don't want it to go to waste by expiring

Ok then mine is likely that age too, @CookieGirl1. I need to set it out, maybe use it as my nightly moisturizer in order to use it up more quickly. It’s much to nice to waste!

That's what I've been doing, @eshoe.  I'll still use it--yes, even a little past the exp. date--as long as it still seems fine and I'm more likely to want to use it and enjoy it during these colder months anyway.  When it's gone I'll probably hold off until next Fall or Winter before repurchasing it and just know to use it a little faster the next time around instead of hoarding it, lol.

Learning not to hoard loved products is a process, @CookieGirl1 😂

Yesterday evening: skin....combo? A little oily on Tzone, normal elsewhere. Recovering from hormonal breakouts. 20200216_112633.jpg

@l8totheparty  Ooo I love those Sephora pads!!!

They are gentle yet good. And a good price for the amount. I make sure the lid is capped tight as there is no extra liquid in the container.  @ather 

Saturday PM

After being sick and off my game, trying to get back into my routine.

Skin: a little dry, some hormonal breakouts

Weather: a tad humid

Spoiler

@haleyvvvv does the scent of the Luna bother you at all? I think that’s the one that has blue tansy, can’t remember for certain though.

Surprisingly, its doesn't @eshoe. I am usually very sensitive to scents, but this one isn't strong. It does have blue tansy, so if that's a scent that bothers you, I'd avoid. I use a few blue tansy products and the scent never bothers me (unlike the rose scent in almost everything).

@haleyvvvv  Lots of good choices!!

Thanks @ather!!

This morning. The I Dew Care turned out to be a nice morning pick me up 🙂DCE37BFC-82E3-40C1-8F89-109FC6EB5CD4.jpeg

Spoiler

@eshoe  I love the tatcha pearl!! Such a life saver!! I wish it came in a smaller size tho. 

@ather the sample I had of the Pearl lasted me so long, and I had a couple of them. Just hope this doesn’t go bad before I can use it all up, I don’t use it everyday. It really is a lifesaver though!

@eshoe  I can imagine. My jar is getting close to the garbage and it doesn’t look like I used it much. And I used it every day. 

My experience with Tatcha products in general is that a little goes a loooong way @ather. Every product I’ve purchased of theirs takes forever to finish. Not a bad thing, it’s very high quality-I would just prefer to buy 1/2 size containers so none goes to waste.

@eshoe  I totally agree. I use the water cream and it takes me so long to use it. I usually get through it in like 6-8 months. But I think the eye cream has lasted me almost a year. Generally eye creams last me forever. Maybe I don’t use enough on my eye. 

Eye creams take me forever to finish too, it’s not just you @ather. 1/3 of an ounce, maybe even 1/4 would be ideal at my pace!

2 Replies
testing