Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

@haleyvvvv @l8totheparty @eshoe @lmaster  I do the same! I'll sprinkle in some random deluxe samples into my standard routine, or just half-empty stuff that I need to use up.  I have several stashes of skin care  around the house, and I'm afraid to compile them all together because I'm afraid of what I might see lol

That’s what gets me, @averylayne - I find a product and think - oh! I wanted to try this one, too! But it’s not in the photo so it doesn’t get any credit😄 @l8totheparty @lmaster @haleyvvvv 

Isn’t that the truth, @lmaster 😉

RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Wow! Impressive skincare products you have there!!!! Amazing!

Re: RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Thanks @idanyd, laughing at myself because I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed with products and like I need to simplify. The problem is that I enjoy using everything!

Tonight’s routine required a second mask to fix the first mask’s misdeeds. 

PM Feb. 17. Products used in clockwise/R-L order, starting with cleanser.PM Feb. 17. Products used in clockwise/R-L order, starting with cleanser.
Details: 
Spoiler
Wash: Paula’s Choice Clear Pore Normalizing Cleanser. 

Tone/hydrate: e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence. 

Lip care: Aquaphor, topped at the end of this routine with Tatcha Kissu Lip Mask.  

Serums: DDG Ferulic + Retinol Eye Serum on my undereyes. Paula’s Choice 10% Niacinamide Booster on my whole face.  

Spot treatment: Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Gel, applied only to acne. 

Masks: Started with The Saem Pure Natural Snail Mask, a new-to-me mask I don’t like at all. It’s super watery and provides no moisturization. It left me with dry patches, which is why I used the second mask: another Frudia Pomegranate Nutri-Moisturizing Mask. Normally I’d have followed the drying mask with a hydrating/moisturizing serum but, since I’m trying to use up this expiring batch of Frudia masks, I popped one on. It made everything right again. 

Moisturizer: Herbivore Emerald CBD Oil, followed by YTTP Superfood Moisturizer. 

@WinglessOne Awesome routine! 

Best,

Rebecca 

Thanks @RebeccaBT ! 

There was a little dripping leak under my sink so I had to pull all the skincare hoard out while fixing the pipe.   Everything got reorganized.  I switched up my skincare today.  
Tony Moly green tea foam cleanser-. Didn’t foam much and was very gentle.  It has no scent.  It didn’t remove mascara very well but the rest of my makeup came off beautifully.  Nothing else is particularly new to me 

Not pictured is a sample of Holika holika peeling gelNot pictured is a sample of Holika holika peeling gel

Super simple routine tonight. I need to remember to use this Rewind more often/ consistently to see if it brings any difference.

morning routine was same as last week. 

Night 2/17Night 2/17

Love it. Sometimes simple is all I have time for, then I really have to think hard on what I can't do without. @naturalooks15 

I love simple routines. Sometimes using too many products can make your skin super sensitive and especially on late nights out, my routine is always simple. The DE moisturizer is my favorite. I use it day and night!

Hi @naturalooks15,

My skin has been so dry lately and I have been using the Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL. It has been working wonders! 

Best,
Rebecca

Simple routines are wonderful @naturalooks15! I just looked up DMAE; interesting. Do you apply the Rewind product all over your face or just to certain areas?

@itsfi currently I apply is all over the face.  I actually got it for Niacinamide, licorice, Tamarind seed, centella Asiatica, and  hyaluronic acid.  just simple hydration serum. I didn’t know about DMAE at the time 😀. I need to use it more often to see the effects. Probably use it on my neck also along with side of the nose, now that I know it has DMAE

@naturalooks15, that list of ingredients make my eyes peel up! Ooooh! 😍 Tamarind seed is a new one to me, but I’ve jotted it down to do some research on at another time. Would love to know how it performs for you with longer use. 

My skincare routine for the last few days (and likely the same routine I'll use for the next week or couple of weeks). My skin is adjusting to it not raining every day and not being as cold and the weather has been a little strange since I've been back home. It's actually been on the warm side (very unusual (though welcomed) for this time of the year), so my skin is really trying to figure it all out which explains how my skin is currently faring.

Morning routine:
2.2020 AM.jpeg

Skin Type: Dehydrated-combination and sensitive. The breakdown of my combo skin at the moment:
  • Forehead = normal
  • Apple zone (cheeks, under eyes), together with the bridge of nose and sides of nose and mouth = dry
  • Chin, jawline = slightly oily
Current Skin Concerns: Skin is feeling slightly sensitive in certain areas, mainly cheeks and also along my jawline where I'm also experiencing some clogged pores. Some remaining PIH (post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation) from a couple of spots from last month, and two new (but thankfully smaller) blemishes this week on the chin and jawline.

Skincare Products (AM)

Spoiler

Evening routine:2.2020 PM.jpeg

Skincare Products (PM):

Spoiler

Such a great line up @itsfi! I definitely appreciate keeping the routine similar each day! My morning routine stays the same until I run out of a product and my evening one stays largely the same, alternating actives depending on the day.

I'm interested in the DDG hyaluronic serum! I'm always on the lookout for a good hydrating serum.

Thank you @haleyvvvv! 😃 I find that my skin does better when my routine stays somewhat consistent, so I try to keep it the same most days for a few weeks at a time.  To balance that with my interest in trying new products 😉 I try to keep the number of products I have open to a minimum - harder than it sounds, for me at least. 😂

It took me some time to pick up the DDG and even longer to actually use it; I’m kicking myself for that. It’s very nice; pricey but nice. At some point I want to see how The Ordinary marine hyaluronics compares to the DDG but I have 2 other hyaluronic acid products open right now so that comparison may have to wait for a month or so.

What hydrating products are you currently liking? 

I know, @itsfi ! I feel like I am not using *too* many products, but in the morning it is about 10 types of products, lol. I do only have one open per type of product, though, and that lets me get through them while trying them for a long enough time to see if they work for me.

I am using the Caudalie Radiance Serum. I know it's not a hydrating product per se, but for some reason, I find it very hydrating. I just went through some deluxe samples of the DE B serum, and it was fine? It's consistency doesn't spread very well. Before that I tried the Tarte one cause it came with something (I am not a fan of that branch). I do have a bunch more to try, though, lol, and am always looking for me.

@haleyvvvv, I've heard several folks say that Caudalie serum is hydrating for them. I just looked it up and that actually makes sense given that the serum contains squalane, which is known for its ability to keep skin hydrated by retaining moisture. 

24 Replies
testing