Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

This morning. Normal skin and high humidity. I’ve never had an issue with the OH but had marked redness for a couple of hours. I think any dermaplaning I do cannot be followed by acids for at least 48 hours. 

6EC32B86-5C50-46E8-AF46-1A33C7F0F256.jpeg

@eshoe How's the it's skin HA?

I am liking it so far @ShortErica, found it at TJ Maxx and since I loved the sheet masks thought I’d give it a try. Very similar in consistency and scent to CAUDALIE - Vinosource SOS Deep Hydration Serum, so I’ve been using them interchangeably:)

Ooo nice find @eshoe! Sounds like a good product. Always gotta keep your eyes open at TJ Maxx. 😊

@eshoe  Oh shoot yeah you definitely don’t need to do a peel on top of dermaplaning!!   Ouch!  Your skin must be so soft today though! 

I figured a day or two later would be safe, @heartsmyface - not so! Thank goodness I knew what to do to remedy it:)

Oooh! Good call, @eshoe. I'm glad your skin was only red for a few hours and it wasn't anything worse!

I was pretty lucky, @haleyvvvv! I am still learning something new every day😊

Yesterday evenings routine. My skin's been having some kind of freak out so trying to keep it to products I already know work for me.

IMG_0219.jpg

@Kim888 Hope your skin is back to normal.soon!!

@Kim888 Hope things get back to normal for you soon. The Drunk Elephant F-Balm™ Electrolyte Waterfacial Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL helped my skin get back to normal, hoping it does the same for you, too.

@Kim888, I’m so sorry to hear your skin is acting out on you; boo!!! 😞 Good idea to get back to the basics. 👍🏼 Hope your skin gets back to normal soon. 😃

Thanks for sharing your routine! The products you choose are great and the pattern on your sheets is so pretty. <333

Yesterday evening routine: hormonal breakouts:20200211_012519.jpg

It was a quick routine for my late night.

RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Do you use the buffet over honeymoon? Without any bad reaction?

Last night’s retinol routine: second use of Lord Jones, first use of Paula’s Choice niacinamide booster.

PM Feb 10. Getting used to Kissu’s weird texture.PM Feb 10. Getting used to Kissu’s weird texture.
Details:
Spoiler
Wash: Paula’s Choice Hydralight Cleanser.  

Tone/hydrate: e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence. 

Lip care: Aquaphor. At the end of this routine, I topped Aquaphor with Tatcha Kissu Lip Mask. I’m starting to get used to Kissu’s texture on my lips and, for me, this mask works much better paired with Aquaphor than used solo. 

Retinol: The Inkey List Retinol. Almost time to open a new tube—or, to finally try one of the several Paula’s Choice retinol samples I’ve received as GWP, or my Drunk Elephant A-Passioni sample. Hmm. 

Serum: Paula’s Choice 10% Niacinamide Booster. Until last night, this spent months unopened in my “Try It” bin. I always depend on the e.l.f. essence for my daily dose of niacinamide, but I figure it can’t hurt to add more. This booster can be used alone or mixed with other products; I chose the former. It feels like water and sinks VERY quickly into skin. It’ll disappear in your palm if you hold it there longer than 20 seconds. This makes applying it to my whole face a bit challenging, so next time I’ll mix it with something else. It has no fragrance or funky smell, caused no irritation, and played nice with the rest of my routine. 

Paula’s Choice also makes a 20% version of this booster. I got this 10% version as a GWP last year. It’ll be interesting to see if this booster helps my bumpy tear troughs much. 

Hydrating mist: YTTP Adaptogen Mist. Since the niacinamide booster penetrated so quickly, I wanted a layer of hydration directly beneath my moisturizers to give them something to seal. 

Oil: Lord Jones Royal Oil. This is my second use of this on my face. I’ve patch tested it on my wrist and neck for a week, to make sure I’m not sensitive to it (after noticing some redness on my forehead the morning after my first use). I tried not to use too much this time but still accidentally went a bit overboard with the tiny dropper. Again, very moisturizing and face-relaxing. Unfortunately, last night my brain’s on switch was stuck too hard for this CBD oil to flip off: it didn’t help me sleep like it did the first time I used it. 😞 

Here’s my Fitbit sleep info from the first night I used this oil on my face: 
Spoiler
2-3 hours more sleep than I usually get (I’m normally a 4-6 hour sleeper), and far less awake time than normal.2-3 hours more sleep than I usually get (I’m normally a 4-6 hour sleeper), and far less awake time than normal.
It usually takes me at least an hour to fall asleep, and then I drift into light sleep for 10-30 minutes. But that night, I fell asleep in record time (6 minutes! I know because I remember what time it was when I laid down) and dropped very quickly into deep sleep. I chalk the nearly 8 hours of sleep up to having the flu. 😄 8 hours of sleep happen only when I’m sick. 
Moisturizer: My good friend, YTTP Superfood Moisturizer. 

@WinglessOne I cannot imagine tracking my sleep. I know the pattern and it would be a thorn in my side to be reminded if it. Bummer the Lord Jones didn’t work up quite the magic it did the first night.

@eshoe  Luckily, the sleep tracker isn’t right in my face when I open the Fitbit app, so it’s not quite a thorn. I’m still amazed at how accurately my Fitbit tracks my sleep. It’s interesting to compare sleep data to my heart rate data and the day’s activity data... it helps me see the impact of activity (or lack thereof) on my ability to sleep. My favorite Fitbit feature, aside from interval tracking (which my previous model didn’t have; this one lets me more easily track tabata/HIIT workouts), is the heart rate tracking. Sometimes I think it’s a bit off during certain activities, but it’s 100% accurate about my resting heart rate—and that’s the data that matters most to me. But I digress. 🙂 

Yeah, I’m super bummed about Lord Jones not helping me sleep again. Also, I think that oil’s too thick for my skin. I wasn’t going to spend $100 on a full bottle anyway, but this makes me even less inclined to buy this oil. 

You know, that’s got me thinking @WinglessOne about activity levels and sleeping. It would make sense the more active you are during the day, the better you sleep at night. For one reason or another, it can be an awful challenge to get some activity in every day-and then you add poor sleep on top of that. That’s incentive for me to try to stop the cycle by pushing harder to get some exercise in. 

Oh I’m glad you were able to sample that oil. It is $$$ and what a bummer it would be to be stuck with a full bottle that doesn’t quite do it for you!

@WinglessOne the PC niacinamide booster sounds very interesting! 

@lmaster  Sometimes Paula’s Choice runs GWP promos, which is how I’ve gotten so many travel sizes and a few full sizes of their stuff, including this booster. It’s worth keeping an eye on their site for promos and sales. 🙂 So far, I’m liking this booster a lot! It makes my face look so bright the morning after using it.  

2 Replies
testing