Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

How did you find the herbivore oil @l8totheparty? I feel like the lapis is too much on it's own and like to mix it with the orchid and phoenix (I haven't tried emerald yet). Are you using it to reduce redness? That's what it excels at IMO.

I quite like the Lapis- I got 2 uses out of the foil. I used it for moisturizing and calming after my hormonal breakouts. I wish I had more to test. @haleyvvvv 

Tuesday skincare:skin is healing from hormonal breakouts SK-II essence in the bottleSK-II essence in the bottleyesterday morning: skincare. Edit to add: Olehenriksen cleanser.

20200212_075020.jpg

I've been unfortunately sick the past few days, so I haven't been using anything (which is terrible, but when you're sick there's not too much to do). Today I was able to do a mini night routine, hopefully getting back into the routine. 🤞

Spoiler

Ughhh, hope you feel better soon, @haleyvvvv.  

Thanks! @CookieGirl1!!

@haleyvvvv so sorry to hear you are under the weather:( it’s hitting here too and my heart goes out to you, it is no fun. 

Thank you @eshoe! its definitely going around!! Definitely no fun!

@haleyvvvv  Oh no, I hope you’re not part of the flu catchers club! Sadly, we’re still taking applications. 😄 😞 Feel better soon! 

I dont think it's the flu, luckily! I did my flu shot already so that's good. Just a painful sore throat and weakness. I'm sorry you had the flu, @WinglessOne!! I hope you're feeling better?

@haleyvvvv  Whew, I’m glad it’s not the flu! 🙂 I’m feeling much better now, running at 75% capacity. Even with a flu shot (I got one in December), this season’s flu seriously kicked my butt, so hopefully you won’t catch it. 

Glad you're feeling better, @WinglessOne! Hope you're at 100% soon!

@haleyvvvv  Aw sorry to hear you’re under the weather.  I’ve been falling asleep with and cuddling my sheet masks lately and doing them all warm in the mornings.  We do what we can.  
Your routine looks nice and moisturizing. 

Aw, thanks @heartsmyface!! Also, the image of cuddling masks had me 🤣🤣

Last night: BHA exfoliation, Jolly Ranchers, and one of the most frustrating masks I keep using. 

PM Feb 11. Products are numbered in the order I used them.PM Feb 11. Products are numbered in the order I used them.

Details: 

Spoiler
Wash: Paula’s Choice Hydralight Cleanser.  

Tone/hydrate: e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence. 

Lip care: Aquaphor. At the end of this routine, I topped Aquaphor with Tatcha Kissu Lip Mask. 

BHA exfoliation: Paula’s Choice Clear Anti-Redness Exfoliating Treatment (regular strength). 

Serums: DDG Ferulic + Retinol Eye Serum under my eyes, then Paula’s Choice 10% Niacinamide Booster all over my face and neck. I decided to use the booster again without mixing it into anything. This booster makes my face look very bright the next morning. I actually kinda look awake in the morning now! 

Mask: OOZOO Face Injection Hydro Lift Mask. This is the 5th of 6 of these I’ve used, and I’ve hated using it all 5 times—but my skin looks and feels soooo nice afterward! But it’s such a PITA (for me) to prep and wear. I said I’d start posting in the weekly mask thread next time I mask up, so I’ll share my detailed thoughts in there either tonight or tomorrow. But man, I have a serious love-hate—er, hate-love relationship with this mask.

Hydrating mist: Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist. Believe it or not, this is the gratis bottle I got from Sephora in 2018. 😄 It hasn’t gone bad yet! Last year I started using it to dampen my skin immediately before applying body lotion. But last night I needed something to lift my spirits after using The Mask of Angst, so I coated my face in a wonderful watermelon Jolly Rancher mist. 

Moisturizer: YTTP Superfood Moisturizer. I almost didn’t use it because my skin felt so moisturized after That %!@$& Mask, but I reached for it out of habit. 

@WinglessOne   Aw is it all the squishing to get the serum to distribute evenly?  I like that part but I have to be committed to the extra effort or I won’t even bother reaching for those.  Ha, I’m other words the novelty of them has mostly worn off.  :D.  They do a good job though.  
Your skincare packaging tonight looks so medicinal. Hah, maybe it’s the syringe.  

@heartsmyface  Nah, the squishing part is fine for me. After all, I’m a big fan of some other OOZOO masks. 😉 The pain starts with the way the syringe is packaged: you have to be careful getting it out of its compartment without accidentally removing the plunger, or you’ll spill most of the ampule inside that compartment—which has large slits (front and back) that make it nearly impossible to rescue the spilled ampule. Plus, you have to work around the slits to get the dang syringe out in one piece. Then you have to mix 2 parts of ampule inside the syringe before injecting it all into the main mask compartment. THEN you do the squishy-squish. There are also problems with the mask’s size and adherence. I don’t enjoy using this mask at all. 

Unfortunately, my skin loves it. I need to find a mask with the same major ingredients that’s much easier and more pleasurable to use. 😄 

@WinglessOne   I don’t recall the mixing inside the syringe step.  I’m now having a moment wondering if I’ve been doing it wrong all along 😅 will it get me out of bed.....I thought about it but no.  Haha.    Sorry it works so well.  That’s kinda frustrating that it’s not enjoyable but you like the results.  

There’s GOT to be something out there to replace this one with.  It’s a mission! 😄

Does the mist really smell jolly rancher sweet @WinglessOne? This is making me reconsider it...although I did just get one in boxycharm

@haleyvvvv  That mist smells exactly like a watermelon Jolly Rancher. To me, that’s not a bad thing: I love Jolly Ranchers, but also the scent’s not so powerful that it overwhelms my sinuses. I’ve used (and been annoyed by) sheet masks that have much more obnoxious fragrance than this mist. But yeah, it’s a sweeter-than-natural-watermelon scent. Not as cloyingly sweet-smelling as it could be, though, and the scent doesn’t last long at all on skin. 

Thanks @WinglessOne! I was worried it would be cloying. I'm fairly sensitive to scents, but if it goes away quickly...plus watermelon is better than the rose scent in so many mists.

testing