Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

@l8totheparty   Good idea to repackage the skll.   I’m wondering if I would like mine more if it were in a spray bottle now.  I was having such difficulty getting the shiseido Tsyua skin out of it’s bottle with the medicine dropper so I put it in a couple travel pots.  Not as pretty but waaaaay easier to use! 

Skin- normalish

weather- dry

I didn’t do my complete skincare routine with a peel and retinol tonight.  Mud masks are a commitment to me and after having to peel wash the residue off I just wasn’t in the mood so I slapped a sleeping mask and some oil on and called it done.

i decided I like the Purlisse cleansing milk for minimal makeup days.  Just gonna get through this sample so it’s not sitting around opened.  

136135E6-ADA6-4DFE-A831-32775EAFA56F.jpeg

What beauty do you have in the pretty tin? 

@heartsmyface 

@l8totheparty  That’s a Paul and Joe lip treatment balm from the summer 2018 collection.  The balm

is really good but is large and takes forever to get through.    It’s sweet and minty.

Wow!  Large is right!  But glad you like it. Eventually (years from now) you will be finished it. 😊

@heartsmyface 

@heartsmyface  Oh, I saw that Fresh Gore dragon blood mask somewhere but didn’t pick it up. Does it have a smooth gel texture, or more of a jelly pack texture? 

@WinglessOne @It’s more of a clear red gel than a jelly.  It’s lightweight and absorbs very quickly.  No distinct scent.   It works well on its own most of the time but for winter I like to throw oil over everything just to be safe.  There’s nothing worse than waking up with a dry face.  

@heartsmyface  Thanks for the feedback! If I see it again, I might try it. Well, once I read all the ingredients in it. 🙂 Good to know it’s not heavily fragranced. 

Tonight: I keep forgetting to try this new Klairs toner. I think I saw it in @lmaster ‘s routine in this thread and remembered to use it tonight. 

Sun NightSun Night

How did you like the Klairs toner @naturalooks15? I had a DS of it once and really liked it. 

@itsfi I just used it today for the first time. My measure for first time is- whether a product absorbs well, causes any irritation. So far so good. It passed on both counts. Absorbs well and no irritation so I will continue to use it and see how it works.

Morning routine:20200126_152933.jpg

And OLEHENRIKSEN - The Clean Truth™ Foaming Cleanser

It was a very simple morning routine. 

ETA:   keep forgetting to add skin type and weather info. 
dehydrated combo skin. Cold dry weather (some rain but still dry weather overall)

Yesterday night: I still buffer the retinol with Lala (I.e. apply hydration serums and then mix Lala+retinol, apply this mix, top it with squalane oil then final thick layer of F-Balm.

Today morning: twice since it was a workout day. Morning snail essence mixed with herbivore oil.

after shower was my usual routine, in the pick below.

Sat night routineSat night routine

Sun morning after showerSun morning after shower

Yesterday AM and PM. Normal and normal.5BBB856D-6543-46B1-A5A7-6EC3891E2E2E.jpeg

It was a lazy (though very early) morning and I spent the day spring cleaning so I wanted a little something to make the senses happy before bombarding them with dust and cleaning products.31280CBF-F715-45ED-AEFD-8347D6E9971F.jpeg

The foot mask was a ❤️🔥❤️. The blurred bottle is Consonant, wow do not drop the iPhone 11. 

That is a pretty morning skincare setup with the baby pinks and yellow.  💗💛💗

How did/do you find the Volition Strawberry Serum? My tester was so thick I couldn't finish it and tossed it.

@eshoe 

The serum is pleasant to use, @l8totheparty although I don’t notice a difference in my skin due to it. But no irritation so that’s a plus!

Last night's skincare. Skin is normal. SK-II essence is in the spray bottleSK-II essence is in the spray bottle

Spoiler

Yesterday morning routine. 20200126_013936.jpg

The Algenist GENIUS Collagen Calming Relief 1.35 oz/ 40 mL played nice over the serums. It soaked in and left my skin feeling smooth after a while (probably the dimethicone in it). I had put a very thin amount on, just to see what would happen. I think makeup would sit nice overtop.  Skin seemed calm (but my skin isn't bothered now anyway). 

Last night’s routine: 

PM routine, Jan. 25: retinol night; using up that cleanser; a little masking TLC.PM routine, Jan. 25: retinol night; using up that cleanser; a little masking TLC.

Details: 

Spoiler
Wash: Paula’s Choice Resist Optimal Results Hydrating Cleanser. I think this bottle’s almost empty... maybe just a couple uses left, and then I can drop it in my empties bag. 🙂 

Tone/hydrate: e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence. 

Retinol: The Inkey List Retinol. Tonight I remembered I have a few travel sizes of Paula’s Choice retinol serum I got as GWP on a few orders, plus a sample of Drunk Elephant A-Passioni. I’ve never used either of those serums. I might try one within the next week or 2. 

Mask: OOZOO Bear Water Bang Hydrating Mask. My face always feels better after I use this mask: very cool, refreshed, and hydrated. The only thing I don’t like about OOZOO masks in general is how heavily (to me) fragranced they are. Even though fragrance is the last ingredient listed, it’s in both the mask and the ampoule. 

Spot treatment: Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Gel, applied only to acne. Herbivore Emerald CBD oil applied to my undereyes and any inflamed or irritated areas, like the angry little patch of skin that’s now healing up nicely. 

Moisturizer: my beloved YTTP Superfood Moisturizer. I think it’s almost time to refill that airless vacuum pump jar. 

Lip care: Aquaphor Ointment, topped with Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask. 

26B0B3FF-2947-43A7-B5D9-62CE6E312CC1.jpeg

Tonight’s routine- quick with ahas and retinol. 

testing