Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

โญ Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

@WinglessOne  Thatโ€™s awesome. Iโ€™m happy your skin can tolerate it!!

Congratulations on the gratis!! @WinglessOne now correct me if I'm wrong, but, niacinamide is what you shouldn't use with aha/bha products, or vitamin c?

@lmaster  Niacinamide can be used with almost anything. I say โ€œalmostโ€ only because I donโ€™t yet know of something that canโ€™t be combined with niacinamide. ๐Ÿ™‚ It can definitely be used with vitamin C, BHA, and AHAs. 

I swear I seen something that said not to combine it,,, because they will cancel each other out @WinglessOne does that sound familiar with other Ingredients that you know of?

I saw it on the Ordinary website saying not to use their Niacinamide with Vitamin C, I believe.  @lmaster @WinglessOne @RGbrown 

@l8totheparty  Yeah, I think The Ordinaryโ€™s just covering their butts thereโ€”just like their vitamin C and peptides conflict statement. 

Ok, I missed that memo and have been using peptides with vitamin C for the last couple months lol  @WinglessOne 

I won't be so concerned about peptides or Niacinamide and vitamin C going forward. 

@lmaster @WinglessOne 

Here's a quick write-up on vitamin c + niacinamide ๐Ÿ™‚

beautifulwithbrains dot com/use-vitamin-c-niacinamide-together/

Very interesting @RGbrown thank you,, now can you debunk the theory of not using aha/bha and retinol together? That's the other combo I seen not to use together ๐Ÿ˜Š

@lmaster 

Sointenly! ๐Ÿ˜‹

paulaschoice-eu dot com/6-retinol-myths-busted

You are AH mazing @RGbrown so you can use any product any time off the day in combination with any products ๐Ÿ˜†

@lmaster 

YESSSS! Tolerance is key, of course, but if your skin can handle it, throw anything you want at it (I do, lol) ๐Ÿ˜„

Love it!! @RGbrown thank you thank you for debunking the myths!! ๐Ÿ™Œโ™ฅ๏ธ

@lmaster  From what Iโ€™ve read (and heard from a couple of derms), โ€œdonโ€™t combine niacinamide with vitamin Cโ€ comes from a decades-old study that wasnโ€™t conducted properly. I think The Ordinary still says (on their regimen guide page) their niacinamide + zinc serum conflicts with their pure vitamin C (L-ascorbic acid) serum. The Ordinary might be covering their butts thereโ€”better safe than sorryโ€”but those ingredients shouldnโ€™t cancel one another out. And unless you leave vitamin C and niacinamide combined for hours at a very high temperature, you wonโ€™t get the nasty byproduct... shoot, now I donโ€™t remember what itโ€™s called... itโ€™s an acid that can increase skin redness. But your chances of creating it are extremely slim unless you intentionally heat the combo up in, I dunno, a broiler or something. 

Thereโ€™s more recent research about it; I canโ€™t cite studies right now because I donโ€™t have them bookmarked. But itโ€™d be a good topic to ask your derm. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@WinglessOne ok now I remember it was not to mix aha/bha and retinol!! 

@lmaster  I saw that @RGbrown linked to a Paulaโ€™s Choice write-up about this, but itโ€™s one of the many things I asked my dermatologist last year about retinol before I began using retinol. By then, I was already using the FAB 10% AHA and didnโ€™t want to stop using it. But I was confused by conflicting info during my own research. (I looked more for clinical studies and scientific data than skincare blogs and magazine articles.) I also asked 3 other derms about layering AHA and retinol.

The consensus: these ingredients canโ€™t cancel each other out, and the only reason not to layer them is your particular skinโ€™s sensitivity level. 

I use retinol every other night. I also use a leave-on AHA and/or BHA exfoliant 1-3 nights a week. That means I end up layering retinol and AHA or BHA at least once a week. Itโ€™s caused me no irritation, thanks to the way I slowly introduced retinol and ramped up usage. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

This is great! @WinglessOne thank you for taking the time to explain this!! I appreciate it โ™ฅ๏ธ

@WinglessOne I have been very curious about that Glossier Lip bubble product !

@Kim888  Iโ€™m surprised Bubblewrapโ€™s not moisturizing enough for me on its own, since it contains avocado oil and squalane. But its hyaluronic acid does help keep my lips hydrated. I havenโ€™t used it long enough to say much about Glossierโ€™s lip smoothing claim. But for now, Iโ€™m happy with it as a lip serum. It does have kind of a funky scent, like a mild version of the Tata Harper rotting dandelion smell. I canโ€™t smell it once applied, though. And since I only need a tiny bead of product for my lips, the metal tube should last a good long while. 

I will be very curious to see how your skin feels in the (hopefully late) morning, @WinglessOne, after the F-Balm.

@eshoe  No bad reaction to F-Balm yet, hooray! It stopped feeling tacky around the 3 hour mark. My skin felt pretty hydrated when I woke up (heh, I did finally manage to fall asleep), but Iโ€™m not sure it felt more moisturized than it does when I use the YTTP Superfood Moisturizer. Iโ€™ll test it more times before passing final judgment. ๐Ÿ™‚ I want to try it without a facial oil underneath, to see how hydrating it really is. 

2 Replies
testing