Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Came here to ask about the YTTP and saw your remarks-going to have to look into this one @WinglessOne.

@eshoe  If (like me) you don’t want to commit to a full size right away: my bottle is from  YOUTH TO THE PEOPLE - Activate Your Calm Kit. YTTP says you can spray this over makeup throughout the day, but I wouldn’t do that because it’s partly liquified shea butter. It doesn’t feel heavy at all on my face, but I do like to pat it into my skin to help it sink in. One morning I’ll test using it directly after my AM wash instead of my usual e.l.f. essence, to see if it plays nice under my vitamin C serum. If it does, I could use it in warm weather as a toner/essence. It’d be another product option for that step. 

Oh I hadn’t seen that kit, thank you @WinglessOne. Busy filling up my cart. Liquified Shea butter sounds like it would be really helpful for dry winter skin. Thank you for the detailed description, I took a screenshot so I remember how you use it:)

I'm getting ideas on how to incorporate the mists I have into my routine more based on this whole thread!  @eshoe @WinglessOne 

@l8totheparty  I still have the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist 2.53 oz/ 75 mL from last year’s Sephora gratis, and I use that one mostly as a body mist before applying body lotion. (I always apply lotion to damp skin.) It makes me smell like a watermelon Jolly Rancher for a few seconds, which isn’t a bad thing. 😄 That one’s also nice to use on my face during summer, on a sweltering afternoon. 

O.M.G. I never even thought of that great idea!  Gah!  I'm trying just to remember to actually use my products and not forget them. I love watermelon scented items. I believe we are getting this mist in a future Boxycharm. 😊🍉💧🍉

@WinglessOne I'm looking forward to smelling like a watermelon jolly rancher 😄

I picked up a bottle of the e.l.f. hydrating essence at Marshalls late last year after reading a couple of your posts @WinglessOne. Looking forward to giving it a try soon.

@itsfi  I hope it works well for you! I don’t like all of e.l.f.’s skincare products—I mean, there’s no single brand whose entire product line I like, but even less so for e.l.f. So when I finally read this essence’s ingredients (I think I bought mine from a TJMaxx), I was surprised by how moisturizing it sounded and had to try it. I didn’t expect it to replace Raw Sauce, but here we are. 😄 

Wait, what?!! The e.l.f. essence replaced May Coop Raw Sauce for you @WinglessOne?!! 😳 Well, that certainly says a lot about it. I completely agree with you about products in a brand’s line. Some formulations just don’t work as well as others. I like that e.l.f. has some good quality products at good prices; and it doesn’t hurt that they are, for me, a local company. 

@itsfi  Oh, how neat to have e.l.f. as a local brand! I wish their cream moisturizers worked well for me, but they’re not up to snuff for my skin. I thought one of them could almost be a replacement for the Dr. Jart Water Fuse moisturizer (my former moisturizer of choice), but it’s not quite the same. I’d love to be able to recommend an inexpensive Water Fuse dupe to other folks who loved that moisturizer, since Dr. Jart seems to have discontinued it. 

Anyway, I’ve been using my bottles of Raw Sauce as a hand and body essence ever since I started using the e.l.f. essence. 🙂 I should use Raw Sauce on my face again soon, just to see how it holds up to the rest of my current routine. 

@itsfi @WinglessOne the Elf essence is such a great product!! 

I posted my usual routine a couple of days ago, but didn't even think about this variation when I mentioned my alternates. Once every couple of weeks I dermaplane, and then go easy on the actives for the night

IMG_20200123_005831738.jpg

Tula cleanser

Tinkle for dermaplaning

Follow up with Lava Magik scrub to remove any remaining flakiness

TCFS Rules of Mastic Facial Toner

ELF Coconut Mist and Erborian Eau Ginseng (top unmarked bottle) as essences

PC Resist 2% BHA (bottom unmarked bottle; I skip my retinol, vitamin c, and hydroquinone on dermaplaning nights, but BHA isn't really optional for me...and I was a bad, lazy gal last night and skipped it then, so tonight was doubly important)

Goldfaden Eye Bright (in the Clinique jar)

Clarins Lotus Oil + Andalou moisturizer (I meant to grab my Clinique Moisture Surge mask to avoid the vitamin c in this one...but it's in a tub, so the actives are probably dead anyways 😋)

Not pictured: Sara Happ Dream Slip, Dior lip oil, and cuticle oil will all happen at bedtime 😊

How is that Tula cleanser- is it gentle and non-stripping? Does it leave a film on your skin? Does your skin feel tight after?

@RGbrown 

@l8totheparty 

It is fantastic! It's not stripping at all, but gets my face clean. I have a harder time quantifying residue...I wipe down with a rag, and follow with toner, but I don't feel like there's anything left after washing. The scent takes a little getting used to though. It's hard to describe, but it's kinda woody/herbal; I barely notice it anymore because I love the cleanser, but it's a turn off for some.

I'm torn between the want for "nicer" brands, and the want for good but low budget skincare, but this is the absolute top of my prestige brand cleanser list...with the right deal, I'd pick this up in a full size once I finish off my samples, instead of just getting CeraVe (which I'm also extremely happy with). 

Thank you for your in-depth answers for me, @RGbrown !  I would probably have to try it based on the scent you described first, before committing to a full bottle. 

@RGbrown you just reminded me... It's about that time to dermaplane! 

Good call on going easy on the actives after dermaplaning. That e.l.f. coconut mist sounds wonderfully hydrating @RGbrown! 🙂

Tonight's skincare.  Normal skin, dry outside.SK-II essence in the spray bottleSK-II essence in the spray bottle

Trying out the new Laneige Cica Sleeping mask, courtesy of Sephora. 😊

Ooooo I have a ds size of the laneige mask coming soon!! @l8totheparty 

Tonight’s skincare. Still humid, still normal.CEE002C4-BABB-44C6-A07D-D0AF66127233.jpeg

Spoiler

I've been seeing the Consonant Hydra Extreme as a love for a few people @eshoe .  Might need to pick up a sample next time I'm in store.  

testing