Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Thanks @2manyperfumes ! One of the best things about The Ordinary is it doesn’t cost much to do trial and error with their serums. Buffet is their only serum I use regularly. I’m still not brave enough to try their 30% AHA peel: it’s still sitting in my Try It box, waiting to be tested, but 30% potency scares me. 😬 

My face has been in love with the YTTP Superfood Moisturizer for at least a year now. I don’t remember when I switched to it. YTTP makes another moisturizer I didn’t like when I tried it during warm weather, the Youth To The People Adaptogen Deep Moisturizing Cream with Ashwagandha + Reishi 2 oz/ 60 mL. My YTTP mist came in a mini duo with the Adaptogen moisturizer, so I’ll give it a second chance soon while the weather’s frigid here and see if my skin appreciates it then. 

It’s so bitter good and dry here that my skin just drinks up all serums and oils.  Once it gets warmer I have to switch things up @WinglessOne ☺️ Because then it’s too much and I start breaking out.  Ooh 30% scares me too because I get a reaction if I overuse 10% more than once or twice a week.  I wonder if that is what I tried from YTTP.  It was light but penetrating which I love that it doesn’t sit on the skin.  If that happens it makes my makeup application a mess even though I leave it on for 20 minutes before I start applying makeup.  I heard the caffeine serum is good from the ordinary.  

@2manyperfumes  Yeah, I usually change up my skincare routine on a seasonal basis. That’s partly why I keep a spreadsheet that details my whole routine: it helps me keep my routine straight. 😄 By springtime, I’ll probably stop using Coola Full Spectrum Sun Silk Drops because it’s too much for my oily zone in warm weather—which is why I waited til late fall to use it regularly. 

If you try The Ordinary’s caffeine serum, let us know what you think! 

I absolutely agree with you @WinglessOne but... Big but here 😆 I still like using eye creams 😂

I have about 4-5 eye creams....

@WinglessOne @lmaster 

@l8totheparty @WinglessOne it's all in vain!!! 😂

@lmaster  @l8totheparty  That reminds me that my derm is definitely not a fan of eye creams in general. His opinion is something like “the beauty industry has successfully duped people into believing they absolutely need eye cream” and “any dermatologist who says you must use eye cream is just trying to sell you theirs.” He does caveat that with “some people do need extra moisture under their eyes.” He just doesn’t believe everyone needs a product specifically marketed as eye cream, vs. a full face moisturizer or facial oil. The day I told him I wanted to simplify my routine and asked which products I should drop, his immediate answer was “lose the eye cream. I promise you don’t need it, and you can sue me for malpractice if I’m wrong.” 🤣 

I don’t wanna say you SHOULDN’T use eye cream because that’s completely up to you, of course. If it works well and causes no harm, and you don’t mind having the extra skincare step, product, and expense, then why stop using it? 🙂 But if you do wanna streamline your routine a bit for whatever reason, I’ll say eye cream’s a good place to start. 

@WinglessOne I have read that before and it does make sense, I mean a full face moisturizer usually does have the same ingredients anyway,, and like @l8totheparty stated here,, I have received many eye products in sub boxes, the only eye cream I have purchased is FARMACY - Cheer Up Brightening Vitamin C Eye Cream with Acerola Cherryand Glow Recipe Avocado Fine Line Eye Cream with Retinol 0.5 oz/ 15 mLi do really really enjoy both, mainly I don't have a moisturizer like either one of these products, uughhh I'm such a sucker for marketing 

Year 1 and 2: use the eye creams. 

Year 3: see how many eye creams I still have left. Use the eye creams.

Year 4: use up the eye creams??

Year 5: still be using up the eye creams? 

Year 6+: unsubscribe to the boxes that send me the eye creams and transition to oil.

Oil is the new eye cream.

@WinglessOne @lmaster 

My eye life is mapped.

@lmaster  Heh, I understand. Giving up my beloved Biossance Squalane + Peptide Brightening & De-Puffing Eye Gel 0.5 oz / 15 mL was hard! But once I realized that eye cream and the DDG serum do some of the same things (mostly skin firming), it was easier to wean myself off the eye cream. I still have an unfinished bottle of the Biossance eye gel. A few weeks ago, I tried using it one morning and it didn’t work as well as my usual AM undereye routine. I think I heard my undereyes say “but... but we don’t need this anymore! Get this stuff off of us!” 😄 

@WinglessOne uughhhh I know,, I'm just not committed to really knowing yet 🤦

I remembered what serums I have left.  My favourite and most noticeable improvement has been the niacidamide.  I use these daily.  The peptides at night mostly.

D283FE40-5475-463F-A235-6E1B65A22FDC.jpeg❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Ooooh, pumpkin and peptides?! I have noticed a difference with Niacinamide as well. @2manyperfumes 

Niacidamide has made such a quick and noticeable difference with texture, pores and smoothness @l8totheparty ❤️ 

@2manyperfumes have to agree with @itsfi pumpkin and peptides... Yes please 😍

@lmaster @2manyperfumes, it's awesome to see everyone's skincare routines, but my poor wallet must be on pins and needles every time I let out an "oooh, what's that?!" Hahaha! 🙂 Lots of great skincare in folks' routines. <333

I’m on a pretty tight if no money at all budget @itsfi lol so I’m frugal and will go to find stuff that works great but doesn’t put me into further debt.  I’ll use my tried and trues with some dupes thrown in to make everything last longer and use up every drop.  😁

@itsfi I feel at times I have so much self control.... But then you show your haul with that hourglass lip oil and Im powerless!!! 

Hahaha @lmaster! 😆 I hope you love the Hourglass lip oil you picked up. 💖

Thank you sweet enabler @itsfi 😉♥️

@itsfi word. I feel this so hard.

1 Reply
testing