Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

ooooo @eshoe I just used the Dr Jart gifted to me from @m...

ooooo @eshoe I just used the Dr Jart gifted to me from @missjeanie I love it!!

Re: ooooo @eshoe I just used the Dr Jart gifted to me from @m...

@lmaster @missjeanie it felt like a true barrier on my skin, like my skincare was ‘locked in’ for the night. That scent, too, 💕

Re: ooooo @eshoe I just used the Dr Jart gifted to me from @m...

Glad you liked it @lmaster ! It’s been a great one for me!

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

@eshoe The bakuchiol I tried was from Revolution Skincare. I’ve had pretty good luck with the Inkey list so if you do try it on my face let me know if it works for you.

Thank you @makeitup305 @I’m very curious about other brands now, especially as I’ve discovered how well my skin tolerates and responds favorably to it.

@eshoe I read your opening sentence too quickly and didn’t catch the “balmdotcom” part and thought your skincare routine involved birthday cake! 😂🤣😂 Lots of great skincare here. 💗 Does your skincare routine change daily/nightly?

I wish @itsfi! We were just at a family gathering and someone brought home made carrot cake...and I would have looooved to have just the tiniest piece. 40 days without sugar is much longer than I realized😆 I have to make do with date shakes and birthday cake balm:)

My routine varies a little every day/night, depending on what I remember is in my fridge and the samples I want to try. I’m so grateful to not have sensitive skin and it’s so frustrating when it does go haywire. I really, really treasure my skincare time. It is my favorite part of the day! In addition, AM/PM always differ from each other because I use foundation most days and have to cater to its nuances, as well as the primers I pair with it. At night, I could pile layer, after layer, after layer of creams, oils, and moisturizers. My skin just drinks it up, especially right now. Love this thread!

Yeah, having sensitive skin sure can make skincare a little challenging, but it’s also helped me to know what works for my skin and what to look out for. 40 days can seem like forever when you’re working on a goal. Good on you and your family @eshoe for cutting out sugar for that time. I’ve done it off and on for periods of time but have mainly restricted it to sweets and drinks. 

@eshoe I also really value my skincare time! Layer after layer, it's so therapeutic haha

The best part is that on a good day, @averylayne, more really can be better:D

@eshoe agreed 😄

Great thread @l8totheparty 👍 it is the silent workhorse ❤️ I’ve been using overnight masks as part of my nighttime routine and my maracuja oil by Tarte every day under foundation.  Serums every morning and night.  Winter is so hard on my skin.  Lips get extra attention too with lip scrubs and balms morning and night.  

Added to my nightly routineAdded to my nightly routineDaily lip care both morning and nightDaily lip care both morning and night

Lip scrubs in the winter are key! Are these gentle? The one I'm using recommends every few days, but sometimes that doesn't feel like enough, so maybe a gentle one would be good for every day. @2manyperfumes 

I find the Sephora one very gentle and same with the little tub ones.  In the winter my lips dry up so quickly @haleyvvvv ❤️ I’ve been exfoliating face and lips daily with very gentle products.  So far no issues 👍

Thanks @2manyperfumes! Good to know!

gotta have serums and lip products! @2manyperfumes

gotta have serums and lip products! @2manyperfumes

Re: gotta have serums and lip products! @2manyperfumes

I use them daily @lmaster 😘

I notice how dry my lips really are during winter, @2manyperfumes !  I have to remember to use my scrub. 

Me too @l8totheparty ❤️ Every day 

@2manyperfumes, the packaging on that coconut lip sleeping mask is adorable!!! 💕 I love that Sephora honey lip scrub and mask; I don’t even know how many of them I’ve picked up over the years! It’s so good. 💛🍯  If I need to add $$ to an order to get a promo, that’s usually one of my go to’s! 😆 

Thanks @itsfi ❤️ Yes I live the honey scrub in a lipstick.  I realized I also have the watermelon balm by Sephora too.  I had bought a bunch too which might be in some of my hand bags.  I always keep spares in my purse.  

testing