Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

โญ Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

@heartsmyface, that Wild Honeybear mask sounds like it would be very nourishing (and smell deliciously of honey). 

Iโ€™m intrigued by that jar at the end (next to the Glow Recipe) - what is it and how do you like it? ๐Ÿ‘€

@itsfi @Itโ€™s Sonbahyu 100 pure horse oil.  Itโ€™s extremely nourishing and creates a beautiful skin barrier.  Really good for raw or compromised skin .  the linolenic acid (vitmain f) in it is anti inflammatory and moisturizing- perfect for after peels.   You can use it in you hair too but I use it as a face mask at night and have been loving how moist my skin is in the morning. My skin is normal to dry so I like oil to try to fake having oily skin.  People with oily skin seem to have wrinkle free skin longer than people with dry skin so why not oil up๐Ÿ˜

I keep mentioning horse oil to people in the masking thread and this is what Iโ€™m referring to.  I havenโ€™t seen anyone take my recommendation but I suppose horse oil sounds gross.  

@heartsmyface  Horse Oil! The last time my dad came back from Japan, he brought back tubs of horse oil cream for my mum, I guess it's the secret to eternally youthful skin! I haven't seen it ever state-side, I'm guessing there would need to be a major marketing play for horse anything ๐Ÿ™‚ But I love it for my pre and post-winter outdoor run, never thought of using it as a nighttime mask! Will have to try that next ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@MissPuff   Your dad is such a sweetheart!! Had I known Iโ€™d love it so much I would have bought three jars to last the year, but I did see it on Amazon at a premium so when I run out Iโ€™m not completely out of luck.  
Iโ€™ll have to remember to use it before skiing! Thanks for the preworkout tip! 

@heartsmyface, Iโ€™ve only seen horse oil in the stores in mask form, but it makes sense that there would be other formats. I can definitely see how it would be nourishing; my skin feels moisturized, hydrated, soft and smooth after using a horse oil face mask. I think Iโ€™ll reach for one of my horse oil sheet masks in the next couple of weeks and use the excess serum for my hair.

Whatโ€™s the consistency like? Is it thin and runny like a watery essence? More like an emulsion? Or thicker like an ampoule? 

@itsfi   Iโ€™m not sure about putting mask serum in your hair cause it wouldnโ€™t be the pure oil but maybe try a small section and see.  You can get horse oil on amazon though and I think even this one but with a small markup.  
Itโ€™s  more like a creamy thin and easily absorbed gel like serum (but itโ€™s not cause itโ€™s horse fat).    
my bottom finger is it dipped, the middle finger is it spread and melting and the top finger is it absorbed. CB3769B3-C4A5-4123-A404-C460A9E0D874.jpeg

Thank you so much @heartsmyface! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Good point about the essence from the mask on hair. Thereโ€™s a part of the city where several small Asian beauty stores are located; Iโ€™ll check to see if any of them stock the oil.

@itsfi   Oh yeah!  The odds are high since itโ€™s such a popular multi purpose product!  Good luck! 

Morning was typical routine. Evening was focused on more hydration+moisture as somehow my cheeks went bit red in the afternoon and further irritated after BHA in the night. So thick layer of Squalane+Lala+F-Balm

Morning Routine - typical except for Stratia Liquid Gold which was extra as I used Retinol day beforeMorning Routine - typical except for Stratia Liquid Gold which was extra as I used Retinol day before

After BHA, cheeks went bit red so ... Hydration+Moisture focused for calming & repairing the skinAfter BHA, cheeks went bit red so ... Hydration+Moisture focused for calming & repairing the skin

Love seeing your products! @naturalooks15 

So much hydration, @naturalooks15! Hope the redness cleared up!

Your hydration-moisture focused products look amazing @naturalooks15! ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿ’—

@naturalooks15 very nice! How do you like the cosrx? It was 50% yesterday, and I was so tempted to get it!

I like it quite a bit. Not sure if you can see it, only 10% left in this bottle and I had already got a new one in Dec with coupons etc else I would have definitely bought it yโ€™day.

this hydrates, is non-reactive even when skin is irritated (keeping it in fridge for sometime and using it on those days feels nice) so I can depend on it to provide hydration without agitating my skin further.  I canโ€™t 100% be sure since I used it only 1 bottle but I feel it brightens also.

so you can buy during next sale and give it a try.

This morning was my typical AM routine. And I just realized I havenโ€™t stated my skin type in this thread yet: mostly-dry combo. My forehead is almost normal; nose and the area around it are very oily (thatโ€™s where all my big pores are); everywhere else is dry. Also, my skin is finicky/cranky about various ingredients. 

My usual AM routine. Not pictured: my sunblock balm (applied over Aquaphor), Supergoop Acai Fusion balm.My usual AM routine. Not pictured: my sunblock balm (applied over Aquaphor), Supergoop Acai Fusion balm.

Details: 

Spoiler

Obsessed with Elf @WinglessOne 

The supergoop is so great! @WinglessOne 

@WinglessOne I really like that Herbivore Emerald CBD + Adaptogens Deep Moisture Glow Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL! I only have like 6 drops left though! ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

@averylayne  Isnโ€™t it great? I definitely like the CBD + Adaptations Emerald Oil better than Herbivoreโ€™s original Emerald Oil (which I still have a bottle of; I use it as a body oil and donโ€™t use it on my face anymore). I was nervous about the CBD version because I hate the smell of weed: it makes me nauseous. But this stuffโ€™s not nearly as stinky as I feared. And itโ€™s sooo moisturizing, and combats my irritation issues very well. ๐Ÿ’š

@WinglessOne agreed, has a bit of an earthy smell but doesn't smell like weed! 

Tonightโ€™s skincare and a mask from this afternoon.129BBE35-A567-4BA0-A7DF-BA6DD2E83C67.jpeg

EDED4500-D5C1-4D39-A0A1-4EEC66C03AFA.jpeg

1 Reply
testing