Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

โญ Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: RE: Skincare Routine of the Day

Will do @naturalooks15. I feel like at one point, I had a mini / travel size of the mask in one of my bins. Going to have to dig for it one of these days. The price point on the full size is good but thereโ€™s just so much product in there. 

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

I keep falling asleep before posting my nighttime routine. ๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ›Œ and no pictures because the products are spread throughout our apartment and I'm too lazy to gather, lol.

No make up, normal ish skin (except a few weeks post overexfoliation moisture barrier breakdown), humid ish weather.

ORIGINS - Original Skinโ„ข Cleansing Makeup Removing Jelly with Willowherb

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Triple Action Cleansing Water

Shiseido Super-Soft, 100% Natural Facial Cotton 165 sheets

Origins Original Skinโ„ข Retexturizing Mask with Rose Clay 2.5 oz/ 75 mL

OLEHENRIKSEN - Glow Cycle Retin-ALT Power Serum

CAUDALIE - Premier Cru Anti-Aging Eye Cream

Shiseido Benefiance Wrinkle Smoothing Cream 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

BITE Agave Lip Mask old-school version

SUMMER FRIDAYS - Jet Lag Mask Mini

@haleyvvvv, nice to see the Origins jelly cleanser in your lineup. It has such a cool, refreshing and fresh feel and scent to it. 

It's a good clean cleansing jelly, @itsfi! I think I prefer the Farmacy Green balm but this is a good option!

The Farmacy balm is such a good one @haleyvvvv! I like using the Origins as a follow up to it when double cleansing.

Tonight's routine:

Skin: fairly normal, weather: cold20200121_012522.jpg

Spoiler

@l8totheparty  great line up! 

Thanks, @lmaster 

Ooooh... SK-II @l8totheparty I recently read somewhere about couple of celebrities who swear by it. I do not want to fall in love with that thing as itโ€™s so expensive ๐Ÿ˜€ 

have you noticed specific difference just from the essence?

I will let you know the further into my bottle I get. @naturalooks15 

Thanks @l8totheparty 

Oooh, the SK-II essence is so nice @l8totheparty

I love the Shiseido Benefiance line! Is that the eye cream? Did you star that @l8totheparty?

Yes! I love how moisturizing it is in the winter. I swear I wake up and my undereyes feel super hydrated and moisturized.  @haleyvvvv 

That's how my face feels after the night cream!! @l8totheparty

*adds that to the list of products to try*

@haleyvvvv 

Iโ€™ve been pretty consistent with my skincare recently so not much changes night to night save for a peel every second night and a different mask everyday. EC8F5E22-36D1-4120-BCFF-47204C60C2E6.jpeg

Great products!! @heartsmyface 

Do you use the Resurfacing liquid and the exfoliating wash in the same routine? Is the fresh a gentle manual exfoliation? 

How do you find the glow retinol lotion? Does it take some getting used to?

@heartsmyface 

@l8totheparty  I use it all in the order itโ€™s lined up. The exfoliating wash isnโ€™t harsh at all.  The sugar crystals arenโ€™t sharp and dissolve as you scrub so you canโ€™t really over exfoliate with it.  The resurfacing liquid is really quite gentle as well. I get the odd prickle sensation around my nose but normally feel nothing.    I use them all together every day.  
The retinol lotion is nice.  It has no real definitive scent.  I had no adjustment period because Iโ€™ve been using retinol for a few years already.  If youโ€™re new to retinol use it sparingly.  I use maybe half a pea sized amount under each eye.    I havenโ€™t seen any obvious results from it probably for the  same reason Iโ€™m already adjusted to retinol.  For now its all maintenance.  I donโ€™t know if it came with a spatula or if I accidentally threw it out but I have to use an old concealer brush to get the product out of the jar.  Itโ€™s a non-complaint but the only one I have.  

Thanks, @heartsmyface ! ๐Ÿ˜Š

2 Replies
testing