Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

@itsfi @lmaster I’ve been using a FS of the BIOSSANCE - Squalane + Tea Tree Detox Mask for awhile now and it does have a very earthy true tea tea scent. It can be overpowering but it works nicely and feels quite therapeutic.

@eshoe @itsfi couldn't agree more,, love finding treasures in skincare

I love it @itsfi it does have that earthy scent, but it feels so nice on my skin and has not ever irritated it. Probably one I will pick up FS after I get through some others... Story of our lives 😂

Lovely lineup @lmaster  that Phuyulkang is a face wash or something else?

@lmaster, interested to know your thoughts on the Pyunkang Yul cleanser - how are you liking it? 

@naturalooks15 

@naturalooks15 @itsfi it's better if I use it in the summer,, it has a lovely light fragrance to it,, but it also has that squeaky clean feel to your skin that's border line drying. I hadn't used it in awhile, and now I remember, it's better suited for me to use it when I'm more on the oily side

@lmaster, I had a large foil sample of it and it seemed nice - my skin felt really clean - but I didn’t think it would be something I’d use every day. It would definitely be nice when my skin is on the oilier side. 
@naturalooks15 

Good to know @lmaster  & @itsfi  I have started with CosRx low ph cleanser and still sort of evaluating it so I guess I'll not dive in for this. I have heard really good things about cleansing oil either from Phulyunkang or Hadalabo so that's  on my list to try someday (probably next year 🙂 )

@itsfi I can definitely agree this is a cleanser for summer time

Last night, I’m sure I forgot something besides the Bioderma for eye makeup removal. Another bare face day so easy on the cleansing.

Humid weather, normal skin

6B16C3C0-0199-4AF8-AE04-55321631FE27.jpeg

Spoiler
The Milk Makeup De-Puff has been in my mini fridge for a while and I keep forgetting about it. Guessing it usually comes in stick form, it was a challenge to spread it around evenly as it was a little clumpy I this format. The Biorè was ok? Fairly uneventful. I ended up layering the Dr. Jart+ sample on my cheeks where they were most irritated. Lots of hydration last night, skin feels good this morning! 

A few different things at play, but I think a combo of being off sugar for 3 weeks now, combined with the gentle nurturing/repair routine has really brightened my skin. It was looking and feeling quite dull, and despite my very tired under eyes (not quite meeting that sleep goal yet😆), it looks healthy

I need to start using that lip oil @eshoe I have not tried it yet

i bought one of the tinted and a clear oil, @lmaster. I don’t notice a difference between the two, they seem to be a very thin oil. I usually layer them because it doesn’t last long, it’s just a nice extra added step:)

@eshoe I just love the feel of lip oil a nice prep step 

Me too, @lmaster especially after a good scrub.

Congrats for healthy skin, @eshoe !  I agree- the better I eat, the better my skin 😊

How do you find the hydrextreme? 

I am getting closer to the bottom of my Klairs vitamin E, and I do feel like I should find another vitamin E or repurchase.  I like it. 

Thank you @l8totheparty! I do love how the Hydrextreme feels and has helped speed up on my skin’s restorative process. It is going to be a staple in my night routine. I am focusing now on how I can provide better exterior nutritive care to my skin, and the Consonant’s two-ingredient list is a major plus!

Thanks for sharing, @eshoe !

Anonymous Insider

RE: Skincare Routine of the Day

I love any drunk elephant product . I use the baby facial and the recommended hydrating cream . I also love the Aztec secret Indian healing clay . It healed my moms surgery scars and my acne scars over the course of 4 weeks 2 days per week use. It does dry out my skin and leaves it red for the day after using it. Not recommended for sensitive skin . A plus : my face was super soft after one use. If anyone gives it a try let me know how you liked it .

Re: RE: Skincare Routine of the Day

@Anonymous  I’ve never used the Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay mask on my face, but I’ve patch tested it for a few weeks on my wrist. I tried it a few times with apple cider vinegar and a few more with water. The good news: it did reduce the look of a scar on that wrist and softened up that skin, once I figured out how quickly I needed to rinse it off. 

The bad news: adjustments of liquid and time to avoid redness were a painful hassle. To use this on my face, I’d have to wash it off around 3-5 minutes and immediately follow with a hydrating/moisturizing product—and I do mean immediately, as in “after your final rinse, you have 0.5 seconds to apply a hydrating [toner/essence or lots of mist] or your face will throw a red flaky tantrum.” I’ve yet to be brave enough to try it on my face. 

My skin’s not highly sensitive, but it is finicky and hates some ingredients that work wonders for other folks. It’s also mostly-dry combo. This wouldn’t be the first clay mask my dry zones have ever had trouble with. But yeah, I agree with you: not recommended for sensitive skin. And I’d advise anyone with dry skin to be careful with this stuff: patch test and figure out how long you can leave it on your skin before putting it all over your face. 

Those results from the Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay sound wonderful @Anonymous. My skin can be sensitive but I’m thinking I might give it a try and use it as a spot treatment on a couple of surgery scars, and following it up with hydrating mask all over my face.

@itsfi  Let me know how it goes with the clay. I had bought it but then gave it to my niece who had acne so never used it.

1 Reply
testing