Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

โญ Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Your hydration-moisture focused products look amazing @naturalooks15! ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿ’—

@naturalooks15 very nice! How do you like the cosrx? It was 50% yesterday, and I was so tempted to get it!

I like it quite a bit. Not sure if you can see it, only 10% left in this bottle and I had already got a new one in Dec with coupons etc else I would have definitely bought it yโ€™day.

this hydrates, is non-reactive even when skin is irritated (keeping it in fridge for sometime and using it on those days feels nice) so I can depend on it to provide hydration without agitating my skin further.  I canโ€™t 100% be sure since I used it only 1 bottle but I feel it brightens also.

so you can buy during next sale and give it a try.

This morning was my typical AM routine. And I just realized I havenโ€™t stated my skin type in this thread yet: mostly-dry combo. My forehead is almost normal; nose and the area around it are very oily (thatโ€™s where all my big pores are); everywhere else is dry. Also, my skin is finicky/cranky about various ingredients. 

My usual AM routine. Not pictured: my sunblock balm (applied over Aquaphor), Supergoop Acai Fusion balm.My usual AM routine. Not pictured: my sunblock balm (applied over Aquaphor), Supergoop Acai Fusion balm.

Details: 

Spoiler

Obsessed with Elf @WinglessOne 

The supergoop is so great! @WinglessOne 

@WinglessOne I really like that Herbivore Emerald CBD + Adaptogens Deep Moisture Glow Oil! I only have like 6 drops left though! ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

@averylayne  Isnโ€™t it great? I definitely like the CBD + Adaptations Emerald Oil better than Herbivoreโ€™s original Emerald Oil (which I still have a bottle of; I use it as a body oil and donโ€™t use it on my face anymore). I was nervous about the CBD version because I hate the smell of weed: it makes me nauseous. But this stuffโ€™s not nearly as stinky as I feared. And itโ€™s sooo moisturizing, and combats my irritation issues very well. ๐Ÿ’š

@WinglessOne agreed, has a bit of an earthy smell but doesn't smell like weed! 

Tonightโ€™s skincare and a mask from this afternoon.129BBE35-A567-4BA0-A7DF-BA6DD2E83C67.jpeg

EDED4500-D5C1-4D39-A0A1-4EEC66C03AFA.jpeg

Oh I just love that lookatme watermelon mask!! @faeriegirl 

Lovely line up, such pretty products, @faeriegirl!

AM routine had to add the sunscreen in after, but I am working on becoming more diligent about wearing it on a daily basis.

eta: humid day, skin normal

354A17F4-493E-47A8-AA50-E5CD7368C9A2.jpeg

9349BCEF-D938-4DA3-B2F7-3C3FFDCDED18.jpeg

Getting back into my โ€˜normalโ€™ morning skin routine here. I use the COOLA - Mineral Face Matte Tint Sunscreen Moisturizer SPF 30 on my forehead and the Volition Beauty Prismatic Luminizing Shield SPF 50 on the rest of my face (a big thank you to @faeriegirl for sending the Volition my way, I love it!).

Ha that is so true @lmaster. My daughter grabs the bottle and walks around the house asking if anyone would like a spray of it. Not surprised it hasnโ€™t lasted that long!

@eshoe that is too cute!! 

@eshoe  Does that volition sunscreen rubs off/transfer at all? I use DE Umbra tinte but it does transfer. Itโ€™s hard to find other low silicone physical sunscreens so I just continue using it. I have been reading up on Asian sunscreens (Bior and few others) to see if I want to try those after I run out of this tube.

@naturalooks15 I havenโ€™t had an issue with transfer with the Volition. @itsfi has recommended this one from Etude House but I havenโ€™t tried it yet. There are a couple (few maybe?) different ones the brand offers but this one stuck out in my mind.7598990D-1B5C-4C29-B8FE-E397B31CD331.jpeg

Thanks @eshoe  I'll add these to look into for next sunscreen purchase after my DE one finishes. 

Me in ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ everytime I see a glossier product:๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ. I know they ship here but it's so expensive.

This is a lovely line up, @eshoe! SPF is such a key! That volition one is interesting, I'll have to see if its available up North.

I wish a company like Cult Beauty would carry them, @haleyvvvv. Itโ€™s a shame itโ€™s so expensive to ship up there! 

I like the Volition because it has a slight tint, which for the most part off-sets the usual white cast. I notice the teeniest bit of sunscreen scent, but it fades quickly. It absorbs well into my skin, so that I donโ€™t have to wait too long to apply makeup, which is another bonus.

3 Replies