Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

2 days so far, @itsfi , and it's nice!  I will have to use it longer to see. 

@l8totheparty That is an amazing routine! 

Best,
Rebecca

@l8totheparty wrote:

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type (& the weather where you are).

My pm products image.jpg

My pm routine

I love the YTTP superberry mask and the Cosrx essence @Anjalisoni!

Me too 🥰

Loooove the Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 2 oz / 59 ml @Anjalisoni! I’m waiting on my order of the CosRx, the brand is new to me so I am excited to try it. Any tips/suggestions?

It’s quite thick as an essence so I use it after my lancome serum 

@Anjalisoni , you have some great skincare products in both your AM and PM routines. How do you like those Holifrog cleansers?

They are amazing I really like both of them and also stocked them during Dermstore sale

@l8totheparty wrote:

You might want to include with your post: your skin type (& the weather where you are).

My am products8F8ED48E-0499-46A5-BE9D-6AC92EB3FF0A.jpeg

I'm very intrigued by the holifrog products @Anjalisoni 

Oh, fun thread!

Oily but dehydrated skin, for reference. Last night's routine

IMG_20200120_140735701.jpg

Spoiler
Cleanse (daily)
Glow Recipe Blueberry Bounce Cleanser: pretty nice cleanser, but I finished it off last night, so I'll be swapping it out tonight. Haven't decided what's next yet though

Mask (as needed)
PTR Pumpkin Enzyme: staple for me, but I only use it once every couple of weeks or so since I have several exfoliants in my routine

Tone (daily)
CosRx AHA/BHA: nice AHA toner, though the BHA is underpowered (betaine salicylate is weaker than Salicylic Acid, and it's only 0.6% here to begin with...don't look to K-beauty for your BHA needs...it's regulated over there way more than it is here)

Essence (daily)
Elf Hydrating Mist + Erborian Eau Ginseng (small, clear bottle): both are perfectly fine, though I'm not looking to rebuy either one. While I like an essence in my routine, I haven't found one that says "I'm the best" for me. I will go back to the actual ELF essence instead of this hydrating mist at some point though, since it has niacinamide and that's a great ingredient for most anyone. 

Treat/Serums (all of these get used daily)
Paula's Choice Resist 2% BHA: love the BHA + peptides. Daily staple, must have, will never be without.
Urban Skin Rx Dark Spot Rapid Repair Retinol: works as well for me as other more expensive retinols, and at $25, is a potential contender for rebuy in the future. Has lots of other beneficial ingredients as well: niacinamide, squalane, azelaic acid, alpha arbutin, centella asiatica
Derma E Vitamin C: I don't love it quite as much as Exuviance, but this is a nice, budget friendly Vitamin C formula. Not sticky, doesn't mess with other layers.
Alpha Skincare 2% Hydroquinone (spot treat only since it also has 10% glycolic acid, and I don't need more AHA all over): helping with some spots more than others, but I wish I had gone with a hydroquinone that didn't also have AHA...would love to use this all over to see if it helped more.  

Eye (daily)
Goldfaden Bright Eyes: perfectly fine. I don't see much need for separate eye stuff...my eyes aren't particularly different from the rest of my face, but I keep using up samples as I get them. This has a nice texture, lightweight lotion-y, and soaks in well.

Moisturizer/Oil (daily)
Andalou Naturals Probiotic + C Renewal Cream: I love this for my winter moisturizer. Rich without being too heavy for me.
Clarins Lotus Oil: this is my favorite during my hormonal cycle...it really seems to help keep that breakout at bay.

Dry Shampoo (daily, maybe minus wash day...depends on if I shower in the morning or at night)
Pacifica Invisible Powers: I've only used this twice so far, and I'm not sure how I feel about it yet...

Lips (daily)
Sara Happ Dream Slip: total HG status 
Dior Lip Oil (gratis): I love a 2-step lip system for night. Treat with the Sara Happ, then seal it in with an oil. Baby soft lips every morning!

Nails (daily)
homemade cuticle oil: vitamin E + jojoba oil, with a touch of some other oil samples I had laying around, and a few drops of lemon essential oil for scent. This has been helping my nails way more than I ever thought it would.

My nightly routine is pretty stable, so I think I can cover pretty much every night with just a few variations in a separate pic

IMG_20200120_142409578.jpg

Spoiler
On makeup/sunscreen days, I ditch the above cleanser, and instead go with this cleansing routine:
Clinique TTDO liquid (for my eye makeup): love this stuff
Oil or balm cleanser, currently Hanskin Pore Cleansing Oil: I've only used it once so far, so not much of an opinion yet
Tarte Deep Dive Cleansing Gel + Foreo: I find this one a bit drying for me if used every day, but since I only wear makeup once or twice a week, it's a great deep cleanser on those days

I don't mask every single night, but I do try to use a clay mask a couple of times a week. Current one is Eve Lom Rescue Mask

If for any reason I don't want an acid toner, I have TCFS Rules of Mastic Facial Tonic to use instead

Once a week, I swap out my 2% BHA for the Paula's Choice Resist 4% BHA

And if it's not hormone week, I'm using Herbivore Emerald Oil instead of the Clarins above.

I didn't think to grab my aerosol dry shampoo for the pic, but I alternate aerosol vs powder. My current one is E&J Nirvana Black (smells divine, but super powdery)

And then there is the shameful, ultra lazy night. I try not to let this happen more than once or twice a month 🤪

IMG_20200120_150643922.jpg

Yessss, @RGbrown, the wipe nights! I try not to do that too often but have a container of those ole cleansing wipes by my bed and in my suitcase when I just can not.

How is the Eve Lom mask?

@haleyvvvv @eshoe 

I love the Eve Lom mask! I'm a sucker for stinky ones sometimes though...it's got a strong dose of camphor in it, so I find it great for clearing my sinuses and my face all at the same time, if I'm getting sniffly 😛 It dries down, but not that "can't move a muscle" hard...it starts flaking off if you move your face once it's dry, so you kinda look like you've got dandruff until you take it off. It does a good job and removes relatively easily, so I give it a thumbs up.

I don't need any more clay masks either right now, so it's not on my immediate restock list, but I could see myself buying it again in the future (especially now that Ulta carries the brand)!

Thanks, @RGbrown, I'll definitely have to try it at some point (when my ever growing clay mask stash is reduced).

@RGbrown it sounds like I might like it, I don’t mind more medicinal scents. Much better than over the top perfume-y ones! Thanks for your input:)

I’m curious about the EL too, @haleyvvvv @RGbrown - I considered picking it up but I don’t need another clay detox🤔

Those Ole cloths have such a nice scent @RGbrown, love them!

@eshoe 

It's kinda odd...some days I love the scent, other days I find it way too sweet, nearly cloying. I'll actually be a bit relieved to finish this pack off 😕

Ha yeah that is the difference between daily use and once in awhile @RGbrown. I bet if I used them regularly I wouldn’t be so fond of the scent😆

testing