Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

โญ Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

@mazzkm oh yes, it's very mild, I've never had any harsh reactions ever

Re: RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Good to know! Do you use it more as a lotion, or moisturizing toner? 

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

I have that eye cream waiting in my mini fridge, @lmaster - how do you like it? Also, the Pretty Filter...is that a primer?

@eshoe I like the eye cream, I'm especially loving the applicator!! No complaints yet! The pretty filter is a thicker cream moisturizer I use at night sometimes,,, that's why I have not even opened the GR banana moisturizer,,,I have too many open at the moment ๐Ÿคฆ

Ahhh, ok. Thought maybe it was a primer, pretty packaging ๐Ÿคฉ. I opened the eye cream and used it once, it seemed nice. Itโ€™s next on the list to finish!

Lots of goodies here @lmaster! I *might* give the Bakuchiol a try later this year. My skin has just not tolerated retinols well so Iโ€™m both intrigued and a little skittish about bakuchiol. 

@itsfi it's so mild on my skin, I love it, I have a TS and bought another FS, but I do want to try The INKEY List Retinol Fine Lines and Wrinkles Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

@lmaster, I've heard from lots of folks, in the skincare industry and out of it that it's a good alternative for people like me who haven't done well with retinols. I have a DS of it, a couple I think and just need to get myself to try it out. I was waiting for my skin to readjust to not traveling every week and am working on clearing up some pesky pimples that popped up, but if all goes well, maybe I'll give it a try at the end of next month. 

@itsfi I've not tried many retinol products, but I also have not had major issues with any either, which is why I do want to try the inkey list, but the herbivore feels so good on my skin, and doesn't leave a major tackiness

Okay, hereโ€™s my typical retinol night routine in photo format. It might look complicated or overwhelming in spreadsheet format but itโ€™s really quite simple and efficient, especially if I donโ€™t do any masking (I didnโ€™t tonight): 

Forgot to include this in the other photo.Forgot to include this in the other photo.Rotating in a new-to-me cleanser for PM testing.Rotating in a new-to-me cleanser for PM testing.

Details: 

Spoiler

I โ€œowl codeโ€ a few of my reusable containers. Itโ€™s really just color coding, but with cute owl stickers. ๐Ÿ˜„  Green owl = YTTP Superfood Moisturizer (spinach and kale!). Here are a couple others: 

Spoiler

@WinglessOne those reusable bamboo pads look nice, this is a good reminder to pick some up and transfer away from disposable ones. And you're owl system is amazing ๐Ÿฆ‰!

The inky list retinol is really nice (it's my current mid strength retinol), but sadly not convenient in Canada! I'd be curious about their retinol alternative.

Thanks @haleyvvvv ! Iโ€™m now on year 2 of reusable bamboo rounds and I donโ€™t miss disposables at all. You can also find microfiber rounds. You could even make your own out of old Makeup Eraser type towels or cotton flannel shirts/sheets, if you have the time and patienceโ€”and a sewing machine, unless you enjoy hand sewing/binding lots of circles. ๐Ÿ™‚ I bought enough rounds that I can go 2-3 weeks without needing to wash them, in case I get lazy about laundry. 

Iโ€™ll tag you when/if I try The Inkey List Bakuchiol. 

Thank you @WinglessOne! I'll definitely be on the lookout for the bamboo ones, I haven't sewed in years, lol.

@WinglessOne  How did I not know Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting comes in GEL??  I'm currently using the liquid, but I will be getting gel from now on! Thanks for posting!

@averylayne  Hope you like the gel! It contains more skin soothing ingredients than the liquid version. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@WinglessOne good to know, thanks!

Where do you get those very handy containers? @WinglessOne 

@l8totheparty  I bought mine on Amazon. If you look for them, make sure theyโ€™re reusable: some Amazon sellers have single use bottles that are probably meant to be used for samples. My travel size bottle (with the orange owl sticker) is clear plastic, so I covered it with a blank mailing label to block out light. 

If you happen to have an empty FS jar of Drunk Elephant Lala Retro or Protini, then you already have a reusable airless vacuum jar. ๐Ÿ™‚ I think you can reuse DEโ€™s airless bottles, too. 

When filling one of these airless jars, be sure to tap out any air bubbles in the product before using the jar. Otherwise itโ€™ll randomly stop working when the pump hits an air bubble/pocketโ€”and if that happens, just open the jar and tap the bottom a few times to remove the air. Iโ€™ve gotten really good at refilling mine in near darkness as quickly as possible (to reduce air exposure). Itโ€™s far less frustrating than my old film photography days of popping film canisters and reeling negatives in total darkness. ๐Ÿ˜„ 

So informative, @WinglessOne !  Thanks for sharing your hints and tips for the airless containers. ๐Ÿ˜Š

I love the skincare carousel @WinglessOne. Those owls, ha! Way to take the best part of the day and make it even better!

I gave my daughter my last empty jar of La La and she put shower gel in it. Those containers are so handy.

@eshoe  Oh, shower gel in one of those jars is a good idea!

If I ever try the YTTP Superberry mask, Iโ€™ll probably move it to one of these jars. Then Iโ€™ll need a new owl code for it... hmm, I donโ€™t have any yellow owl stickers, but I do have a couple other unused colors. ๐Ÿ™‚

testing