Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

โญ Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: RE: Skincare Routine of the Day

I havenโ€™t! This is my first, do you have any other good suggestions?! 

I have a Laneige mask as well in my rotation.  @mazzkm 

Nice routine @mazzkm. The Laneige was my introduction to the world of sleeping masks. The lip balms from Frank Body are nice. Have you tried their lip scrub? I like the cherry ๐Ÿ’ lip balm and scrub, and have been looking into their body scrubs too. 

Yes! I got hooked on Frank Body years ago. Their body scrubs are my favourite, I love the classic coffee one, and one bag lasts forever.

that's a neat looking lip product @mazzkm

that's a neat looking lip product @mazzkm

RE: that's a neat looking lip product @mazzkm

Yes! Itโ€™s the brand Frank Body and its a lanolin based lip chap. I found it at the Sephora in Italy!

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

I just finished these two mists and the Caudalie but Iโ€™ve switched to serums with the super cold weather and loving the niacidamide daily.  I also use the Glamglow overnight mask 3-4 times a week.  The oil daily under eyes and mixed into my foundation.  Daily cleansers are Glamglow and IT cosmetics.  

6A9235F2-CAD6-408F-9FD1-088FEF08EFEF.jpeg

IT COSMETICS - Bye Bye Makeup Cleansing Balm

GLAMGLOW - TROPICALCLEANSEโ„ข Daily Exfoliating Cleanser
GLAMGLOW - Good in Bedโ„ข Passionfruit Softening Night Cream
tarte Maracuja Oil 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

CAUDALIE - Grape Water

I need to try that Glamglow overnight mask, @2manyperfumes. How is the scent on it?

It works very nicely but itโ€™s not as nice smelling as I thought it would be.  Nothing as nice as the watermelon overnight mask.  Itโ€™s kind of sweet and sour but the smell disappears quickly @haleyvvvv ๐Ÿฅฐ

Thanks @2manyperfumes!!

I'm playing around with mists now, @2manyperfumes . My skin isn't dry, so I forget to use them. However, I have a Tony Moly bamboo fresh mist beside the couch, and that is the only way I remember to use it every now and then. Plus the smell โค๐Ÿ’ง

@2manyperfumes I just used the glamglow cleanser last nig...

@2manyperfumes I just used the glamglow cleanser last night ๐Ÿ™Œ I'm all about rotating my open products

Re: @2manyperfumes I just used the glamglow cleanser last nig...

Itโ€™s very gentle @lmaster โค๏ธ Me too I rotate all my open products.  Right now itโ€™s the Vasanti enzyme brightened with exfoliater and the Glamglow.  Vasanti is a Canadian brand.  They also have makeup but I donโ€™t know if itโ€™s availability in the U.S.

Tonight, minus the Birthday Cake Balm Dotcom.EB94BA61-D4C6-4FFC-955B-6CD5B1CC0FE7.jpeg

Oops the Dr. Jart+ is a sleeping mask, didnโ€™t realize until after I slathered a bit on my face๐Ÿ™„ the The INKEY List Bakuchiol Retinol Alternative Moisturizer 1 oz/ 30 mL is for my neck/dรฉcolletage. I took a cue from @makeitup305 and have yet to use it on my face. There is a bit of a chemical scent that I donโ€™t care for, whereas the Herbivore is more of a scent-less serum. The sample at the bottom right is Drunk Elephant F-Balmโ„ข Electrolyte Waterfacial Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL, Iโ€™ve been layering the Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury  Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL over it which has been phenomenal for repairing my skinโ€™s damaged moisture barrier in record time.

I am working to finish the First Aid Beauty Eye Duty Triple Remedy A.M. Gel Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL
 so it gets P.M. duty, too. Havenโ€™t used the Personnelle Winter Care sheet mask yet, decided to let my skin marinate in the sleeping mask for awhile. 

ETA: also not pictured is the Consonant Hydrextreme. Iโ€™ve been using it in the am/pm and patting it on my skin throughout the day to bring some quick restoration to my skinโ€™s balance.

Yay, @eshoe, glad your skin got repaired quickly! It's the worst when that happens.

It was so fast, @haleyvvvv! Now just to remember to take it easy for the next few weeks, thank goodness for hydrating masks!

Yes, going slow is key. It's hard, because I want to exfoliate because my skin needs it, but also am nervous. @eshoe 

I just like to exfoliate because itโ€™s fun @haleyvvvv ๐Ÿ˜† and I have so many more options! Patience, lol.

How's the Drunk Elephant Slaaiโ„ข Makeup-Melting Butter Cleanser compared to the Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 3.4 oz/ 100 mL or the CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm Makeup Remover 3.8 oz/ 125 mL?

@eshoe 

P.S. You gave me a great idea to use my calming products for my more pinkish skin on the decolletage (re: how you use the bakuchiol).  

@l8totheparty I havenโ€™t tried the Clinique, but efficacy-wise, the DE works as well for me as the Farmacy. The DE has a slight oil-scent, reminds me of another one of my skin care products but for the life of me, I cannot figure out which one it is. The Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 3.4 oz/ 100 mL has such a beautiful scent, itโ€™s hard to beat!

Thanks, @eshoe - that Farmacy green clean is a tough scent to beat. 

1 Reply
testing