Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

I’m surprised you haven’t tried that YTTP yet @WinglessOne. Might even do double duty as a winter moisturizer rather than sleeping mask. I haven’t used mine as much this winter because mostly I am feeling too lazy to grab a little spoon, open the jar, scoop it out, close the jar, clean the spoon etc. That one would be a good candidate for my next empty jar of LaLa.

Your owl coding system 🦉 is absolutely adorable @WinglessOne. Such a brilliant idea to decant products into those airless containers. I’ve been meaning to do that since you posted about these containers last year! 

Thanks @itsfi  Decanting can seem like a hassle at first, but better ingredient protection and product delivery system are worth it. 🙂 

100% agree @WinglessOne! I started a new Vitamin C serum and if it doesn’t cause any irritation, I’ll transfer it to one of my amber glass bottles. For now, it is going back into its box between uses. 

@WinglessOne  Get out of there with your owl coding, it is so cute I might die 🙂 

Love the airless bottles as well for the Buffet serum since I'm such a klutz with droppers. I've been cannibalizing the DE moisturizer pump jars for my face moisturizers, and it's such a far superior delivery mechanism, everything should come in these jars!

@MissPuff  Glass droppers make me nervous! 😄 I’d move all my facial oils to airless bottles if I was 100% confident they wouldn’t leak. (Somehow, oils manage to leak out of containers other liquids can’t.) Though, I do like droppers for oils because it’s easier to get just 1 or 2 drops that way, vs. trying to get such a small amount from an airless pump bottle. Unlike The Ordinary Buffet, where a full pump from the bottle is the right amount for my face. 

Anyway, I wish those bottles and jars were available in stores so folks could easily buy them. I’m surprised The Container Store doesn’t sell them yet. 

I am going to try the inkey list retinol serum, I just fi...

I am going to try the inkey list retinol serum, I just finished a FS of herbivore Bach. and love it, but want to see if my skin can handle the inkey @WinglessOne

Re: I am going to try the inkey list retinol serum, I just fi...

@lmaster  I hope The Inkey List Retinol works for you! I started my retinol adventure with something much milder: FIRST AID BEAUTY - FAB Skin Lab Retinol Serum 0.25% Pure Concentrate. I used that for a few weeks... maybe 1-2 months... just to see if my skin would tolerate an OTC retinol at all. Then I moved up to The Inkey List. It’s never caused extreme irritation, but my skin did purge a bit when I increased usage to every other night (from 3 nights a week). 

I have a tube of The INKEY List Bakuchiol Retinol Alternative Moisturizer 1 oz/ 30 mL but haven’t tested it yet. 

Re: I am going to try the inkey list retinol serum, I just fi...

Good to know! @WinglessOne thanks for the info on Fab I really enjoy a few of their products also 😊

I first thought you said you applied the elf essence to your hands and I was all- ooooooooh, novel concept!  Maybe I should do that with my bottle- it is very moisturizing.  😆😆 

I have a spray bottle that I've decanted my Amorepacific essence into- I should just show that in my pictures. Smart idea- I should sticker mine, too.

One of these days I will introduce retinol.  

@WinglessOne 

@l8totheparty  Actually, I’m using my bottles of May Coop Raw Sauce on my hands! Also using it elsewhere on my body once in a while. Gotta use it up somehow, and it makes my hands feel softer. The e.l.f. essence would probably work just as well, if not better. 🙂 

Great tip! @WinglessOne 😊

Face: fairly normal. Weather:  cold. Tonight's routine:20200120_004712.jpg

Spoiler

Ha we were masking twins tonight @l8totheparty!

eta ummm I didn’t realize you posted this 20 hours ago. Well we were masking twins this week😂

Ooooh, love that AP essence and the Klairs Vitamin E mask. Such goodness for the skin @l8totheparty

you are so funny miss boujee @l8totheparty

you are so funny miss boujee @l8totheparty

Re: you are so funny miss boujee @l8totheparty

😆 @lmaster 

I have been thinking about this exact thread for last 3 weeks since I realized now my skin care has changed and varies also a bit based on days (earlier I used to use all DE so it would be the same almost everyday plus would be boring for readers) so @l8totheparty  I am really glad you started this thread and did not procrastinate like me 😄 😄

I'll take couple of pictures of my specific routines and be back here soon. 

Hey, I'm sure you have seen success in your skin with consistency!  I worry that if I switch things up too often (at this point in my skincare game) that I may not notice the long-term effects.  I can't wait to see how your routine varies from day to day. @naturalooks15 

RE: Skincare Routine of the Day

Alright my routine definitely changes based on the day, but this is currently my day and night routine! The Laneige mask has been a lifesaver for this dry winter!

Re: RE: Skincare Routine of the Day

The Laneige is a good one! Have you tried any other overnight masks, @mazzkm

1 Reply
testing