Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

@eshoe , @l8totheparty  I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE these wipes 🙂 They are super soft, scentless, and zero residue, with none of that slippery/sudsy feel you sometimes get with other wipes. I'm occasionally a lazy heathen so I've definitely used these wipes to take off my makeup (almost 100% of the time when I travel, and also mostly when it's late at night and I want to walk around my house while simultaneously taking off my makeup?!) and they're great! Gets everything off, very gentle around my eyes, and I've had no issues just falling immediately asleep and waking up the next morning, though I sometimes splash with water if I feel compelled to do the rest of my skincare routine (which is like 1% of the time). Never leaves my skin feeling tight, stripped, or tacky.

I'm also a big fan of using micellar water and cotton pads to remove makeup and I feel like the KGD wipes are the closest thing to that, but in a bigger and more convenient form. If I've got heavy makeup on, the wipes save me from using a million tiny shiseido cotton squares 🙂  Sometimes I'll use the wipes in the morning in the summer, great for a quick refresh on the way out. Ha, I actually just used one this morning since I woke up SUPER late. 

They are pricey, that's probably the main reason I don't use them everyday, but it's a lovely luxury and I swear my skin feels smoother after using them 🙂 

Now the walking around the house whole removing your makeup is something I can most definitely relate to, @MissPuff! You and @l8totheparty have given me enough reasons to try them, thanks for the enabling, ladies😄

Pros: The Koh Gen Do wipes don't leave a film on the face. They are unscented, unlike some others. They are softer than the Boo Bamboo, Creme shop and Sephora brand. They feel like micellar water in a wipe. They don't irritate my skin- no redness upon using.  

Cons: price, availability in Canada- haven't found them for less than an insane price.

*note: I do not use these to clean makeup off, only for a morning where I'm washing the previous evening's skincare off when I'm not planning to shower right away.

@eshoe 

Oooooooh I love how you use them @l8totheparty. I haven’t tried them yet because I just prefer micellar water and oil cleansing. But morning after to remove sleeping masks sounds brilliant. Now they will be on my must-try list, thank you!

I can't wait to hear what you think! @eshoe 

This is last night's routine I'm trying to get through the rest of this farmacy dew it all eye cream, I rotate it through every now and thenIMG_20200119_111315797.jpg

IMG_20200119_111112831.jpg

IMG_20200119_111013291.jpg

How is the Farmacy Dew it All, @lmaster? I have it on a very long list of eye creams to try (it takes so long to get through eye creams!)

I love that it has a greenish color to it, and helps hide dark color under the eyes @haleyvvvv no complaints, but I tend to lean more twordsFARMACY - Cheer Up Brightening Vitamin C Eye Cream with Acerola Cherry

That's so useful to know about the dark circles! Thanks @lmaster!!

Ooh, I love the WANDER BEAUTY - Baggage Claim Gold Eye Masks! I was gifted a pair once by @faeriegirl . They are on my list to buy in the future.

@l8totheparty great eye masks, and so fun to wear!

They are very pretty! The gold is just so lux! @averylayne @l8totheparty 

Great thread @l8totheparty. I love seeing what people do with their skincare. My routine is pretty much always the same as it works really well for me

In the AM, all I do is sunscreen. I can never make myself do anything else in the morning. I have tried and failed a lot, so I accept it and I'm really good about the sunscreen. I love this stuff. It's Missha All Around Safe Block Sebum Zero Sun Ex spf 50+. I love it because it's for oily skin and water-resistant which is necessary as I sweat a lot (ugh). Of course I got the recommendation on BIC.

PM I start by washing my face in the shower with Paula's Choice Clear Pore Normalizing Cleanser and the Clinique sonic brush. Out of the shower I follow with PC Clear Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution (2% bha). Then PC 8% aha gel. Then the Farmacy Very Cherry Bright Vitamin C Serum. I finish with OLEHENRIKSEN C-Rush™ Vitamin C Gel Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL The only thing that varies is I use the Clinique Clinical Clearing Gel if I have a pimple. If I stick to my routine, i very rarely very them.

I do have The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Exfoliating Peeling Solution 1 oz/ 30 mL but I haven't used it yet because I'm nervous about putting something that strong on my face. Eventually I'll get over that hangup and try it.

I'm also trying the FARMACY - Cheer Up Brightening Vitamin C Eye Cream with Acerola Cherry at the moment recommended by @lmaster. Most eye creams give me millia so I hope this one doesn't.

Sorry for the novel. I can't figure out using the spoiler function on my phone...AM, yup, that's all I doAM, yup, that's all I do

PM RoutinePM Routine

I just ran out of my banana bright cream from OleHenricksen (I’ve been using it daily)

@2manyperfumes I just started using the banana bright eye, and so far really liking it!

I love it @averylayne ❤️ Very gentle but it has brightened my under eye area after using it regularly for a while.  Loreal with the ceramides and multi peptides is my more affordable option when I run out and I switch them up.  When I can I get the banana bright and when I can’t the other.  

I need to remember to wear sunscreen in the winter as well if I'm leaving my house. Thanks for the reminder! 

@sprocketta 

Wow you have a speedy AM routine @sprocketta! you’ve got the right idea, I used to neeeever wear sunscreen. I do now but oh the years I didn’t😭

Hope the Farmacy eye cream works out for you!

I am about to try the eye cream too, just pulled it out this am🤞🏻

Wearing sunscreen everyday is a great thing to do @sprocketta! 😃 It’s a really good idea to slowly introduce new products, especially acids, into your routine. Maybe dilute The Ordinary peel the first few times you use it by applying the peel solution to a damp cotton round/square pad and then applying to your skin. If I’m nervous about peels, I’ll patch test on my arm and if nothing, I’ll patch test on part of my neck to see how my skin responds before I use it on my face. 

Couldn't agree to take it slow and patch test  more, @itsfi!

Let us know if you end up using the peel, @sprocketta!

6 Replies
testing