Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Skincare Newbie!

Hi everyone!!! I recently got into taking care of my skin and have purchased a heap of great products...SK-II, Glamglow mask, Peter Thomas Roth mask, La Mer, Estée Lauder serum etc... I believe that I already see and feel a difference and am wondering if any of you use any of the above mentioned products and can weigh in on your experiences. Any advice is appreciated. I have a “ routine”, but am using so many diff products at once. Thanks in advance. 🙂

Re: Skincare Newbie!

You mentioned some good brands, @NikkiSage. What specific products are you using? Just a word of caution (and you may already be doing this of course!) but try and resist the urge to use all your new fun things at once! Introduce one at a time for a couple of weeks to check for negative reactions, that way you won't have to scrap the whole routine if you do have a bad reaction to something. 

RE: Re: Skincare Newbie!

Thank you so much! I am definitely using 1 brand at a time. Lol Thus far, no negative reactions and the Glamglow Supermud Clearing mask is my BEST friend. I only use it on Sundays and couple it with the Ester Lauder night repair serum and a moisturizer ( Strivectin). I’ve been using Okay products for a while, so i tend to use their cleanser/moisturizer during the day. 😊

Re: Skincare Newbie!

Haha, this brings back memories of the beginning of my own skin care journey a couple years ago, @NikkiSage 😂 I had finally gotten very serious about it and was throwing a ton of different products at my skin, hoping something would get it under control. (I have a real mixed bag with my skin: sensitive, acne-prone, rosacea-prone, combination dry and oily. Yay.) 

The only item out of your collection that I use in my rotation is the Estée Lauder serum (I assume you’re using Advanced Night Repair). My skin responds very well to it, so I use it once a week. I find that if I use the same product night after night my skin starts to break out or stops responding as well, for some reason. So I constantly rotate products and try a new sample every week or two. (Always reaching for the stars, haha.) 

I have tried Peter Thomas Roth products but my skin reacts very poorly to those so I’ve stopped trying them. That doesn’t mean they’re not good, though! 

I just recently bought some La Mer and will be testing that out soon. As for the rest, I haven’t gotten around to trying them out yet. There are just so many great options out there that it takes time to try out everyone’s holy grails!

My favourite skin care brands that I include in my daily or weekly rotation primarily include Urban Decay, First Aid Beauty, Ole Henriksen, and Philosophy. I choose products with low or no colouring and fragrance, and with low or no oil. 

Enjoy your skin care treasure hunt! ☺️

Thank you so much for your input! I definitely have to try Philosophy’s products. What do you use specifically?

Re: RE: Re: Skincare Newbie!

@NikkiSage The one Philosophy item I use with some regularity is Philosophy Take a Deep Breath Oil-free Oxygenating Gel Cream.

CCEACB8B-DBF3-482A-8433-B4F65687AEEF.jpeg

Anonymous Insider

Hi! I’m new here and have similar skin to what you used to have. Can you please tell me your routine? I’d love to try it! Thank you!😁

Re: RE: Re: Skincare Newbie!

@Anonymous Sorry for the slow response. I didn’t notice your reply until now. I’m in the morning rush now but I’ll post the details later today ☺️

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos1
  • CCEACB8B-DBF3-482A-8433-B4F65687AEEF.jpeg
testing