cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Advice

IMG_5832.JPG

So I'm in need of some serious skincare help! I always used to have pretty clear skin, but in the last year I've developed a ton of acne on my cheeks that I can't seem to get rid of! The weird part is that my T-zone is completely clear? I'm also stuck with all this redness all the time. I feel like I've tried EVERYTHING - cleansers, moisturizers, exfoliators, acne cream, I'm so stuck! I try not to even wear makeup anymore because I just want my skin to behave:( 

IMG_5831.JPG

Re: Skincare Advice

@NatalieMoreland If you're sure that the redness isn't due to any irritation, try a product with azelaic acid like The Ordinary Azelaic Acid 10% Suspension Brightening Cream 1 oz/ 30 mL

Azelaic acid is an ingredient commonly found in meds for treating rosacea.

RE: Skincare Advice

Hi Natalie, make sure you’re changing your pillow cases once a week. Bacteria from cell phones, pillow cases, and touching your face a lot can all cause cheek acne. It could also be a hormonal thing. Your cheeks seem to be a bit red, just a thought but it could be rosacea. I have a rosacea flare ups and get acne on my cheeks from it. I went to a dermatologist and they gave me some pills to take for it. But you can find stuff for that at the drug stores too.

It looks like you have a bit of redness in your cheeks too- maybe they are a bit dry which might be causing your skin to overcompensate by producing more oil/causing acne. It doesn't look like you have large pores or oily skin and you have freckles/fair skin which can tend to mean sensitive skin. So my thoughts are that maybe you are using something too harsh for your skin or maybe there are ingredients like fragrances, alcohol or sulfates that might be sensitizing your skin.  Are you using a good moisturizer?

Skincare Advice

@NatalieMoreland I use clay masks regularly, along with murad clarifying cleanser and the ordinary niacinamide serum
Anonymous Insider

I totally understand you!! I used to struggle with acne coming and going, and sometimes I still do. My skin has started to clear up well after I began switching between face washes everyday. I honestly don't go crazy with super expensive products; I stick to drugstore brand face washes (clean n clear and soap & glory,) but I do use an African Black Soap toner and once in awhile I'll splurge for a really nice face mask. The mask that works best for me is the glamglow supermud charcoal mask. It does wonders for me!

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos2
  • IMG_5832.JPG
  • IMG_5831.JPG
testing