Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Advice/Product Selection!

Hello All! I usually request the wonderful help of beauty advisors in store, but this past year I've been staying in and staying healthy so your help is appreciated! Since Jan. 2020 I've been using Murad Acne Control Clarifying Cleanser, fresh Kombucha Antioxidant Facial Treatment Essence, Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer, First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Face Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL (also use moisturizing face masks every week with avo or yogurt or indian turmeric). This is when I lived in the city (Chicago, hard water). I moved to the suburbs (still cook county, hard water) so less pollution but also alot of change due to stress. My hormones cause dry flakey skin, but I also grow alot more unwanted hair than normal, wax my face frequently and suffer some ingrowns, irritation, clogged pores and redness as a result of hair removal (shaving makes the ingrowns worse than wax). I'm looking for either a new skin care routine or general advice regarding the products I'm currently using. I recently picked up and finished a whole bottle of Peter Roth Gycolic 8% glycolic acid and Tend Skin, which helps between waxes, but I feel my skin is dryer. I still have pores despite the dryness (more pores than when I lived in the city, actually!). I'm 23 (if that helps) & I've just been perscribed spiro again to manage the the hormones, but any new or different products/routines suggestions for dry, flakey, acne prone from ingrown hair/waxing would be great!

Re: Skincare Advice/Product Selection!

Okay so if you're struggling with dry and sensitive skin, the biggest thing I would do is make sure you're cutting out fragrance, citrus extracts (limonene, orange peel, etc.) and essential oils. Those are all irritants to the skin. If it's in a wash off treatment it's not as bad, but I'd try to avoid it lol.

I live in Syracuse, NY and deal with dry and sensitive skin so here are some recommendations:

Moisturizers- FAB Ultra Repair Cream is great (colloidal oatmeal *chef's kiss*, as well as shea butter, allantoin, glycerin and squalane are great moisturizing ingredients for dry skin), SkinFix Lipid-peptide cream (jojoba oil, glycerin, aloe, shea butter and soybean extract make this great for repairing the moisture barrier), or the Youth to the People Adaptogen Deep moisture cream (this product feels the most lightweight but packs the same moisture punch as the others. Has squalane, fermented reishi, aloe, shea butter and jojoba seed oil - all amazing for dry flakey skin)

For cleanser my tried and true in the winter months is the Milk Makeup Vegan Milk Cleanser. It is super gentle and has fig milk, oat milk, argan milk, shea butter, squalane, glycerin and grapeseed oil. 

I also use the inkey list's hyaluronic acid hydrating serum (super cheap and great formula) to give me some extra hydration and plumping.

Can't stress enough with sensitive skin to ditch any fragrance or citrus essential oils! Hope this helps you! 

Re: Skincare Advice/Product Selection!

thank you so much!

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing