Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare 101: Discussions, Questions and All

This is a place to discuss everything skincare.

- Have a question about a product (Or type of product)

- Need recommendations

- Learned a new tip or trick you want to share with fellow skincare junkies

- New to skincare and lost about where to start

- Have a skincare emergency ( Bad reaction, broken dropper, lost lid of a jar)

IMG_5795.JPG

Images From top left to clockwise (Essencz, Garnier, Men's Fitness, Harper Bazaar)

We have some great thread about skincare but I feel we don't have a general place to discuss skincare which is open for everything from lowend products to luxury skincare. 

Other skincare threads you may like to explore

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Ask-The-Experts/All-about-Luxury-skincare-Come-in-and-chat-about-you...

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Stories/Daily-Skincare-what-are-you-using/m-p/2716765#M8681

Re: Skincare 101: Discussions, Questions and All

GlamGlow Thristy Hydrating Treatment

RE: Re: Skincare 101: Discussions, Questions and All

I love the Shiseido ibuki sleeping mask! Every time I use it I wake up with skin that feels plump and intensely hydrated, and it never leaves me with any residue or greasy feeling. A little goes a long way too, so it lasts a long time.

Are you wanting a mask or a night cream? Have you tried the Fresh Rose deep hydration mask? Or the Peter Thomas Roth Rose stem cell mask? Both of those masks come in a moisturizer form as well.

@suzyo If I'm understanding what your looking for correctly. You want something that is hydrating and maybe soothing as well? Have you tried dr. Roebucks Face moisturizer? The face moisturizer is a little lighter weight in texture but it has vitamin e, rose hip and lavender in it which would help to soothe and hydrate skin Or the dr. Roebucks Pure moisturizer? The pure moisturizer has 100% pure glycerin in it and is great for deep hydration, especially after a plan ride. All are good for sensitive skin, have no added fragrance or parabens or sulfates. They are cruelty free I hope these help!

Re: RE: Re: Skincare 101: Discussions, Questions and All

Thank you @RayMax!

Re: RE: Re: Skincare 101: Discussions, Questions and All

@RayMax I'm looking for something that would replace a night cream one night a week. Of the products you mentioned I've only tried the Fresh Rose Mask and it doesn't do too much for me.

@suzyo Honestly to me most of the sleeping masks feel light another night cream with a different name. IMO if you want a noticeable difference, you may want to look into a balm instead. Since you are looking something that isn't heavy on chemicals, A natural skincare product will be a good choice for you. I tried many balms over the last few months but liked the Mahalo balms best. There are so many more options available out there. I would recommend you post your skin type and concerns onNatural skincare thread and you will get many excellent recommendations to choose from.

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Ingredient-Sticklers/NATURAL-SKINCARE-TALK/td-p/2777316

Thanks @fatimamummy. I'll stalk that thread a little bit and see what I find 🙂

I have oily, somewhat sensitive, acne-prone skin. I have closed comedones, PIH from acne, and painful under the skin pimples.

I have tried the Fresh Umbrian clay mask and really liked it as a spot treatment.

Has anyone tried either

1. Fresh Umbrian Clay Mask

2. Sephora Collection Mud Mask Purify & Mattify

3. GlamGlow Supermud Clearing Treatment

Or all three!

What are your opinions on them?

Anonymous Insider

I have used the Glam Glow for over 2 months now, and honestly it really hasn't done anything for me. I read so many good reviews about it and gave it a try and nothing really happen. 

I have used the  GlamGlow Supermud Clearing Treatment for the past 2 years, and I have to say that it has been amazing!! It has helped me clear and brighten my complexion as well as clear away any dark spots and blemishes from pimples and marks. It has also helped me with controlling my oil prone areas on my face (nose area, forehead). 

I noticed the moment i stopped using the Supermud treatment, my skin wasnt even toned and pimples started appearing. 

I use this product after I have taken off all my makeup with my Purity facewash. 

Out of those, I've only tried the GlamGlow and honestly, I was disappointed. It just didn't do anything for me, unfortunately. I've had better luck with the Caudalie Detox Mask. 

Anonymous Insider

I agree on the glamglo not working for me also

Some of you are aware of my struggle to find Retinol product that can work for me. I think I found the right products finally so I'm sharing it here.

I am using DDG Ferulic+Retinol peel pads and DDG Ferulic+Retinol wrinkle recovery overnight serum (each once a week) for 8 weeks now. I didn't get any dryness or any other reaction from these products. Since I'm using them more as a preventive measure so can't say how effective these are as yet but for now, I'm just happy that finally there is something with Retinol that is not effecting my skin in any undesirable way.

To sum up, other than my regular skin care products here is what I'm doing and it is working really well for me.

Saturday: PMD

Monday: DDG F+R peel pad

Wednesday: DDR F+R overnight serum

Things we're going pretty well and then I used Pixi mud mask a few days ago and now my chin is breaking out. Clearly this brand is not for me.

@fatimamummy I use and love both of those! So glad you found something that works. I have the retinol eye products to try next thanks to a rec from greenchilli. 

@fairlywell Let me know how you like it, once you have a chance to use it.

@fatimamummy I have the cream, not yet opened - and also an eye serum from the same line that I've been using under my Farmacy cream. 

Is it DDG Retinol eye cream you are referring to @fairlywell ? That one is on my radar to sample soon.

so i found a bunch of ole henricken's truth line at marshalls today so of course i bought a couple products. i've been interested in trying the line for awhile. unfortunately, its the old packaging/products. does anyone know if its the same formula? is the packaging the only difference?

It is the exact same formula, the only thing that was changed was the packaging. However, be careful with products from places like that... they could be expired or tampered with.

I am not sure if they changed the formula since revamping their line but I do know that finding it at Marshall's doesn't mean it's anything different than what you would find at Sephora. If you try and like them it's good that you'll have somewhere to check for them.  Since the revamp neither Sephora nor OH have the prior items (I had hoped they would show up in the sale section but no luck). 

731 Replies
testing