cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

SkinCare - Dry and irritated skin in Winter

Hello Everyone, 

Can anyone please suggest a good product for dry skin. In winter, my face skin turns very dry and also my skin around the lips get darker (Melanin intake in the skin) Any product that could be a long term natural solution?? 

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Re: SkinCare - Dry and irritated skin in Winter

@sushi0306 Make sure you have a routine that includes a hydrating serum, moisturizer and a face oil will help dry skin skin, especially in a dry winter climate. And always SPF!

As mentioned below the Glow Recipe Plum Plump™ Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum 1.0 oz/ 30 mL is a lovely serum, and its thicker which can be nice for the winter, but not if you don't like tacky serums. Once that's absorbed a bit, following it with a moisturizing and nurturing moisturizer, especially one that contains ceramides, can help maintain skin barrier. There's the Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin™ Cream 1.69 oz/ 50 mL or Sunday Riley ICE Ceramide Moisturizer with Vitamin F 1.7 oz/ 50 mL or the new Farmacy Honey Halo Ultra-Hydrating Ceramide Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL. you might find these too heavy (I know I often do, even in the winter and my dry skin), so you can add a ceramide serum instead and just use your fave moisturizer. Especially in winter, I find it key to use a face oil to create an occlusive layer to seal in everything else. Something with squalane would be lovely. This is especially important to do in the winter if you're using something with hyaluronic acid, as if the outside air is dry, hylauronic acid can potentially pull water from your skin and dry it out more. Make sure its fully absorbed and before adding spf. Throughout the day, a hydrating mist is also great.

At night, maybe weekly or twice a week, you can try a gentle lactic acid or PHA chemical exfoliator to help get rid of dry skin gently.

Merry Christmas @sushi0306! I second the Kiehl’s lip balm, it’s amazing. For a moisturizer, I love SEPHORA COLLECTION All Day Hydrator - Hydrate & Glow 1.01oz/ 30mL , which has Hyaluronic Acid. Hyaluronic Acid is a great ingredient because it draws moisture from the air to your skin 💧So I’d suggest using Hyaluronic Acid products. You could also try Glow Recipe Plum Plump™ Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum 1.0 oz/ 30 mL or The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 Hydrating Serum . I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions ❤️

Hi beautiful,

I would recommend the First Aid Beauty - Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration. It's an amazing cream, not only for face but could also be used on entire body. It really hydrates the skin and keeps it moisturized, especially in winter.

I personally had dry flakey skin during cold winter times where the cold rips off the natural oils from our skin, but this product has definitely saved my skin, would recommend 100/100 

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration 

and maybe tryout Kiehl's Since 1851 Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 0.5 oz/ 15 mL for your lips.

let me know if you ever decide to buy those products, and if you did, I wanna know how they turned out:)

Thank you everyone for sharing your secrets behind the beautiful skin! ♥️ I loved Kiehl lip balm but still unhappy with my skin! Any thing that can make lock moisture in my skin and help me keep the glow in winters too would be great! My skin has lost its texture and it looks dead at all time! 😩

maybe tryout Kiehl's Since 1851 Ultra Facial Cream sounds like you need a thick moisturizer to lock in the moisture, this product is the thickest one I know that won't cause any breakouts from my knowledge.

let me know how your skin handles it afterwards 😉

glad you liked the lip balm, makes me so happy❤️

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing