Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skin

Do you guys know if there is any products that moisturize and prevent white heads

Re: Skin

Hi @eloiser@Westcoasty‘s advice of finding non-comedogenic moisturizers is already sound advice. I will add hyaluronic acid is a great ingredient for getting moisture back into the skin and it’s non-comedogenic too. SEPHORA COLLECTION All Day Hyaluronic Acid Hydrator Moisturizer is my go-to moisturizer. 

@eloiser  May I ask you for some clarification on this? Do you mean a moisturizer that is non-comedogenic (won't clog pores or cause pimples), or do you mean a moisturizer that is something like those intended for acne-prone skin?

Moisturizer that won't clog pores

@eloiser  Well, my personal opinion is that any moisturizer can clog pores and cause whiteheads if it's the wrong product for you. One person's five star product is another person's one star, as you'll see by reading reviews! However, I find that my skin generally prefers oil-free gel moisturizers in warmer weather, like Farmacy Daily Greens Oil-Free Gel Moisturizer with Moringa and Papaya 1.7 oz/ 50 mL though I need something heavier if we get snow in the winter, as it makes the air very dry.

Also, keep in mind that it won't just be your moisturizer, but your skincare regimen as a whole. You need a good cleanser, and in particular you need to cleanse well at night if you wear makeup. You may also need to add a toner, and an exfoliant - I like Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One AHA Lactic Acid Treatment.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing