Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skin type & clean products please!?

I used to have oily/normal skin growing up, I am 21 now & due to moving for college I think I developed dry skin, or at least normal/combo skin that can get flaky but also oily in different areas, I never really fit in into the “t zone” combo as my forehead near my eyebrows gets flaky & it looks like I have white stuff near my cheeks & near my chin. I have an oily scalp that gets flaky & I know that sometimes there’s usually a correlation but I’m not sure. I don’t really get pimples, & when I do I know they’ll go away eventually. I do have some blemishes & although they’re not severe it’s still noticeable as are some of my blackheads although they’re not that severe either. I usually have pretty clear skin but I still want to get rid of these mild issues! Can anyone tell me what my skin type might be & also some clean ingredient cleansers/toners/moisturizers/serums that can either work for my concerns or that are good for people like me with not many issues? (no alcohol or anything of the sort!)

Re: Skin type & clean products please!?

Hi @DestinyTena ! It sounds to me that you have combination skin.

I love Kate Somerville cleanser, they are amazing. 

For a toner which will help with blemishes, I'd suggest Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow PHA + BHA Pore-Tight Toner 5.07 oz/ 150 mL .

I love SEPHORA COLLECTION All Day Hydrator - Hydrate & Glow 1.69oz/ 50mL to moisturize my skin.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions, have a great day 🙂

My absolute favorite clean cleaner for dry and flaking skin is the milk makeup vegan milk cleanser. The ingredient list is incredible. It's gentle and non-irritating but so effective. I also love Krave Beauty's matcha hemp hydrating cleanser! It's great for dry to combo skin types, hydrating and non-irritating for sensitive skin. You can also look into the inkey list salicylic acid cleanser for blackheads!

As for moisturizer, I'd recommend the SkinFix Barrier + Triple Lipid Peptide Cream at night because it's so great for dry skin and repairing that moisture barrier. It's like hitting the reset button on your skin. I love it. For daytime, either the FAB Ultra Repair Intense Hydration cream or the Youth to the People Adaptogen Deep Moisture Cream. the YTTP one is so lightweight but packs a moisture punch, and the FAB one has colloidal oatmeal which is great for soothing the skin. 

I would recommend for serums, the Krave Beauty Great Barrier Relief (only on Krave's website). The Great Barrier Relief literally saved my life! It replenishes your moisture barrier like a freakin superhero. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing