cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|
Anonymous Insider

Skin routine for early 20’s

I have no idea where to even start for a skin routine. I have oily skin. I am Greek so I have a dark complexion. I would love to not have to wear foundation! Please help!

RE: Skin routine for early 20’s

Hi! I posted this in the oily skin group but I think you might find it helpful. I have oily skin too and what I’ve found has worked best for me is doing a 10-step Korean skincare routine. Even though 10 steps sounds like a lot and seems pretty time consuming, there’s actually quite a bit of variability in what steps you do when (morning v. night routines) and how often (daily, 1-2x a week), which can make your routine between 5-10 minutes in the morning to about 10-30 minutes at night. And as someone who is incredibly lazy, I’ve found this to be easy to consistently do. I focused my routine initially on reducing oil and hydrating my skin since it was pretty dehydrated which made it an oil slick. A huge lie that’s been fed to us oily girls is that moisture produces oil; moisture is our friend since it actually helps to keep our skin hydrated & balanced so we don’t overproduce oil, which can in turn dehydrate the skin. The great thing about the 10-step skincare routine is that it focuses on layering moisture. Basically, you have two steps to fully cleanse your skin then 8 to rebuild moisture. So here’s a breakdown of my routine:

RE: Skin routine for early 20’s

There is another group for oily skin on here. I would check there! 🙂
2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos10
testing