Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skin care

Hello I really can use some help I have to wear a mask 8+ hours and my skin has been really breaking out with pimples zits black heads I never use anything but soap and water to wash my face can anyone recommend what to buy and use !!! 

Re: Skin care

Hi @gabcupk ! I have done a post here called ‘How to Deal with Maskne’, so be sure to check it out!

I love Kate Somerville EradiKate Daily Cleanser 4 oz/ 120 mL . It is really gentle, and really helps with breakouts.

I agree with @meou , the Glow Recipe toner, has acne fighting ingredients that also help balance over production of oils.

It is super important to continue to moisturize your skin SEPHORA COLLECTION All Day Hydrator - Hydrate & Glow 1.69oz/ 50mL Glow Recipe Watermelon Pink Juice Oil-Free Moisturizer 2 oz/ 60 mL .

I love this detoxifying g face mask once a week! It has charcoal and Salicylic Acid, which draw out impurities from your pores. GLAMGLOW SUPERMUD® Charcoal Instant Treatment Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 g .

Finally,  my holy grail spot treatment is Proactiv Emergency Blemish Relief .

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions, have a wonderful day 💕

@gabcupk If by soap you mean bar soap, then I think that may be contributing to your problem.  Start with a gentle liquid cleanser, like CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser or First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL .

As for the acne/blackheads, I highly rec BHA.  Paula's Choice makes some amazing ones.  Start with their 2%, and take it from there.  For spot treatment, I like Clean & Clear persa-gel (Target makes a knock-off that should be just as good).

Also, make sure you are wearing a clean mask.  I was having skin issues b/c I kept wearing the same old N95 mask b/c the facility I work at wants us to use ours until they basically fall apart.  I finally threw in the towel and took a new one (everyone else was, and to be fair, min was coming apart on the inside) and my skin got so much better.

Best of luck!  🙂

@gabcupk you might benefit from a BHA chemical exfoliant once a week - this will help dissolve the clogged oil within the pores. 

Other option you can get the CeraVe salicylic acid cleanser if youd prefer a wash off option.

A really basic routine starts with cleanser, moisturizer and sunscreen. You'll want to nail those down before adding in the BHA just in case the BHA is too strong or causes you irritation. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing