Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Skin care routine

Hi. Im new to skin care im a teenager and I need help having a good skin care routine for day and night.

I dont feel like watching youtube videos because I feel like they are scams. 

I need help with buying the good products and like with the routine its self .

My skin is dry and I have pimples sometimes but its not acne. 

Also , my skin is sensitive.

Thank you for your help.

Re: Skin care routine

@chelsloiselle TL; DR-Hi hun. I have to say that as @NARSjunkie2934 said it's great that you're starting young! I did not and struggled with acne quite a lot around my forehead and temples mostly and now have scars. Anyway, you kind of have to experiment a bit and unfortunately it take a bit of time to see what works. Dry skin with bumps not pimples,right,? My guess is that you may not be moisturizering enough. Most people assume that having bumps or pimples means oily skin but not necessarily. Sometimes it's a lack of hydration/moisturizering. The best suggestion for clear skin? Water and moisturizing. Drinking a lot of water flushes the yuck out of your system which is good for your whole body not just your face. If you have dry skin obviously you want a moisturizing cleanser as well. Do you wear makeup? If so I'd say use a cleansing balm. Korean skincare has been great for me. Heimish cleansing balm is amazing for removing makeup and dirt while moisturizering. Even if you don't wear makeup it's good. Toners are mostly gimmicks. ***CeraVe has a decent cleanser and La Roche Posay a good moisturizer. My 11 year old has dry skin with bumps and loves Dermalogica Clear Start. Give something at least a month of daily use before giving up on it. Aim for AM and PM but at least PM. Water, water, water! And yes, SPF even inside the house.*** Best wishes sweetie. And someone should always be around here to answer questions.

Re: Skin care routine

Very good on you for starting a skin care routine while you’re young! I will say that everyone has a different body chemistry, so what works for some will not work for others. Be patient and start with a simple cleanser, toner, moisturizer; good routines take actual time for results to be seen. Since you have youth on your side prevention is key!! Sunscreen sunscreen sunscreen! Targeted treatments aren’t needed until later if you don’t damage your skin. Sephora is great for samples so get several of something you’d like to try. 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing