Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skin care help

Hi! I need help forming a face routine that can help with my acne. I’m a person with normal hormonal acne that I’ve tried to get rid of for years. I have normal to oily skin and most of the acne is on my cheeks right around the temples. I really want to get rid of it but I’ve tried so many things and it just dosent seem to go away. Sometimes I think it’s how much oil my skin produces. But every time i try to use a product to combat the oiliness my skin cracks, flakes, and gets really uncomfortable. I just want some suggestions and or help from someone who knows some products that might help and don’t cost my life savings lol.

Re: Skin care help

Anything contains Azelaicid, Kojic acid, tranezamic acid.

Hey, this sounds totally wack, but typically if your skin is flaking from the use of skin care products its a good sign your skin is actually dry. Dehydrated skin will start to overproduce oils to mitigate the discomfort you experience (burning, tightness, cracking, flaking, redness). This will cause acne because youre going to chronically have this barrier of broken, irritated, flaking dry skin over all this excess sebaceous fluid. I have dry skin too! My skin does the very same thing, except my acne appears on my forehead moreoften than temples. I have to tell you the big secret now, you dont need expensive skincare routines to help dry and sensitive skin. You just need to repair your natural skin barrier that protects from harsh environmental toxins, and moisturize. Its as if your skin has a very mild surface wound. The nore you agitate this, the worse it gets over time, albeit a little satisfying because it feels productive. 

This changed my life :

- remove makeup with something simple like water and a The Original MakeUp Eraser The Original MakeUp Eraser® Makeup Remover Cloth Pink (not only does it gently remove makeup and exfoliate when your skin is ready for that with no worries about chemicals, its reusable, sustainable, and long term use means saving money)

-stop wearing foundation, im sorry, just for now until things calm down, eventually you'll realize everything looks less cakey too! If you feel the need to spot conceal, use a concealer you trust. Make sure you keep things clean, i recommend dotting it on with your finger. Its easier to remember to wash hands. (Just a tip from my ADHD brain)

-jelly cleanser without sulfates or parabens. (I use the dream jelly from pacifica)

- a serum with squalene, hyaluronic acid, triceramides.. aloe vera and cucumber anything are your friend. avoid citrus (that is the most expensive thing on this list. Though the one i got was still under $20)

- an unscented balm for your face. (I use Dr. Bronners)

-for funsies i really love using cold things to soothe my face instead of doing masks or anything. Like chilling a roller in a fridge or something. I got a mini roller somewhere for like $5 but you can honestly makeshift something at home, honestly. 

also pro tip: dont wash your face everyday. I know that sounds counter intuitive. But its wildly effective

Tysm!! I really appreciate it : )

Are you currently using any products, @Babyblue0032 or are you starting from scratch? 

I’m currently using CeraVe foaming facial cleanser and CeraVe moisturizing cream 🙂

@Babyblue0032 That's a good start. I would try adding either a BHA treatment or a benzoyl peroxide treatment two or three nights a week. The SEPHORA COLLECTION Clarifying Peel Pads 60 Pads are a good option along with Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant 4 oz/ 118 mL or CosRx BHA Blackhead Power Liquid. And don't forget sunscreen for when you're out and about! 

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing