Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skin care for brightening dark spots.

I really want to know if anyone else had the same problem as me. I have these dark sports that come out more during the summer on my nose lines and under my lips. My skin gets super dry and I try to hydrate it but sometimes it gets to the point it burns.

RE: Skin care for brightening dark spots.

Murad’s vitamin c serum is great for lightening. I believe it has hydroquinone in it as well.

Re: Skin care for brightening dark spots.

I don't have a specific product recommendation, but I can give you ingredients that can help. In no particular order: kojic acid, azelaic acid, alpha arbutin, mandelic acid, lactic acid & vit C. Last but not least, it's crucial that you wear SPF (at least 30-50) daily! Everyone should wear sunscreen but you especially need it when you treat your skin with ingredients that increase sun sensitivity. SPF will also prevent further hyperpigmentation from happening. Good luck 🙂

RE: Skin care for brightening dark spots.

I can recommend many remedies for you to help but some home DIY remedies can be harsh depending on the skin type that you which it dry skin. 1) I don’t know if it will help you but you can use Aloe Vera or anything that contents aloe Vera will help hydrate and help reduce dark spots. 2) Coconut oil with baking soda helps too (the harsh but it does help to to even out the skin). 3) apple ciders vinegar and water as a toner. 4) turmeric, honey and milk mask. 5) There is one which you can buy it on Sephora app or website. Watermelon mask by Glow recipe ( have tried it, really) or Boscia matcha mask or farmacy Honey potion mask ( my favourite one but does creat a bit of heat and a bit stinging). The rest is up to you. Wish you luck.
3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing