Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skin Concern

Hey everyone, I’ve been having some trouble trying to get rid my my dark spots. Can you guys recommend me some products that you’ve tried and saw real results with. Prices don’t matter just looking for improvement from post breakouts. Btw my skin type is on the oily side. 

Re: Skin Concern

In addition to the exfoliating using acid such as the The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% + HA 2% Exfoliating Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL ... I have been using the LANCER Skincare Caviar Lime Acid Peel . It's by far the most effective mask I have tried. 

I use it once every few weeks. It brightens your skin right away, softens the texture, evens out skin tone.  

Any form of chemical exfoliation to speed up your skin renewal process will help with dark marks. For your skin type i would recommend paulas choice 2% bha liquid exfoliant. Use 1-2x per week. Use an spf 30+ everyday, otherwise any treatments for dark marks wont be as efficient. Consistency and patience are key! 

Thank you for the recommendation !!! Will definitely check out Paulas Choice and yes spf is a must as well.

Vitamin C is the form of ascorbic acid has been the best bet for me, @fancylady007. What products are you currently using in your routine?

For my cleanser I use to the cerave foaming face wash for day and nighttime. You’re probably right about the over exfoliating maybe substitute for a hydrating toner? And tbh I think my hyperpigmentation may have to do with me not wearing spf in the mornings with other factors..

Yeah, I'd definitely recommend sunscreen daily to help prevent further marks, especially since chemical exfoliants make your skin more susceptible to sun damage. I do think maybe swapping to a hydrating toner and adding in a good vitamin C serum will really help. @fancylady007 

In the am I use to Laneige Cream skin toner 2 in 1 because I get pretty oily throughout the day my face doesn’t seem to do good with 2 products or more in the am. In the nighttime I use Glow Recipe Bha toner, ole hendricksen banana bright serum or Sephora collection salicylic acid serum I switched between both & then moisturizer is Glow Recipe pink juice. 

What about cleanser and sunscreen, @fancylady007? You've got a lot of exfoliating going on at night so your skin may be in need of more hydration. That could be contributing to your oiliness. 

Apple Cider Vinegar as a toner for 5 minutes in the AM and PM. *diluted*

A diy at home okay. Is this something I should do everyday or 2 times out of the week? I know that this could potentially throw off your skins natural ph level doing more damage. Can I do my skincare routine with this? Or completely separate from it? 

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing