Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
Anonymous Insider

Skin Care Routine

Hey guys! I have recently been interested in skin care ,however, I don’t really know how to start a routine or what to really buy. I have big pores and very oily skin. At the moment I only really use neutrogena pink grape fruit cleanser every night, face masks from the crème shop every 2 days and the givenchy hydra sparkling moisturizer before my make up application. Does anybody have any recommendations that have worked for them? Should I be adding more steps into my routine and invest in different products instead of the ones I’m using now ?

Re: Skin Care Routine

Hi @Anonymous, I’d suggest sunscreen and an oil/balm cleanser as a first cleanser in addition either what you’re using now or another cleanser.  At a bare minimum of skincare: first cleanser, second cleanser, and sunscreen. Then add moisturizer, essences, serums and/or masks as needed. I’d also suggest you introduce new products slowly into your routine. 

To start, @Anonymous I'd swap out that cleanser for something more gentle. The grapefruit one has a high pH which usually means stripping your skin of necessary moisture and causing higher oil production. I'd go for a gentle cream cleanser instead. And definitely some sun protection! Once you have the sunscreen in place, regular exfoliation can help with the oiliness and keeping the pores clean. Salicylic acid is great for that. Also clay masks!

Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: Skin Care Routine

Thank you for your help! How often should I be doing the clay masks ?

Re: RE: Re: Skin Care Routine

@Anonymous No more than twice a week or so. 

@Anonymous the four things that immediately spring to mind are: essence, serum, eye cream, and sun protection. 

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing