Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skin Care Routine Tips?

Hi! I'm fairly new to this whole thing so bear with me. I have combination skin (i think?) and am trying to take better care of it. I generally just wash my face with Clean & Clear face wash and occasionally wear moisturizer but I know there's a lot more I could be doing. I have a pretty clear face with a few breakouts here and there, but I do tend to sweat a lot especially when I can feel product on my face. If anyone has any suggestions for steps/products to add to my routine I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Re: Skin Care Routine Tips?

@Mariss4 I rec reading Paula Begoun's "Beauty Bible" to help yourself come up with a routine that's right for you.  Also, research products on beautypedia.  Good luck!

@Mariss4 I am such a firm believer in skincare!!! lol. There are sooo many affordable products that work great, you just have to do some research. My personal skincare routine is very expensive but I've tested every product imaginable and found the 5 products that bring the best out of my skin. With that said, the one single product I tell everyone to buy-and have gifted- is a Clarisonic. It just cleanses your skin so gently yet so effectively that any serum or moisturizer you put on works better. It's Christmas time and I think it should be on the top of everyone's list! lol

RE: Skin Care Routine Tips?

Hi girl! First off I think you should use a very simple yet consistent regimen. 1. Gentle cleanser natural product based like from Tatcha or Tata Harper 2. Toner -something very basic minimal ingredients just to balance the ph levels of your skin and keep your breakouts at bay 3. A moisturizer -caudalie has great moisturizers and 4. Eye cream tata Harper and fresh have great eye creams 5. SPF for am Tatcha / Lancôme have good SPF. Make sure you double cleanse to also keep breakouts at bay and if you follow this regimen am and pm your skin will stay balanced healthy and happy. I wouldn’t go crazy with all the brands just find what products really aim to what you need, Less is more and be consistent. The products that have less chemicals are always your best bet😘

I would definitely add sunscreen!  That's a non-negotiable for me.  I think the basic steps in a skincare routine are generally: cleanse, tone, moisturize, protect with SPF.  Many of us also throw in essences and/or serums (after toning, before moisturizing), and you can also use masks to target specific concerns as well.  

RE: Skin Care Routine Tips?

Hi. My advice is to apply a face and eye moisturizer every day and night before bed time. Another piece of advice is to wear sunscreen every day, regardless of the weather. What other concerns do you have? There are steps that go in between - such as toner, serum and masks. Different products help address different issues. Hope that gives a basic idea.
5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing