Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skin Care Routine Suggestions

Hi everybody, I'm just recently starting to get serious about my skincare routine and was looking to get some product suggestions, typical application process when using multiple products, and general advice! I am in my early 20s and I have been applying Josie Maran Argon oil in the morning and nights. That made a dramatic difference in the clarity of my skin. I just purchased Fresh Black Tea Kombucha Antioxidant Essence and Farmacy Honeymoon Glow AHA Resurfacing Night Serum in hopes to prevent aging and continue to see my skin thrive! Any and all advice is appreciated! 

Re: Skin Care Routine Suggestions

You are definitely on the right track, sound like a very savvy young lady and your chosen products are excellent. Josie Maran Argan Oil is a wonderful product. The cleanser and whipped Argan Butter moisturizer is also great. I apply a few drops of the Argan Oil after I towel-dry my hair. It's a great leave-in conditioner. 

There are a few key items to keep in mind, always. The first order of the day is ensuring you use a cleanser that thoroughly dissolves make-up and that your face is thoroughly cleansed before applying serum, moisturizer and make-up. Cleansing oil is a stellar way to remove make-up and your face feels soft and comfortable, following.  The better your skin is, the less make-up you'll ever need. 

To check the effectiveness of cleansing oil, I've gone over my face with a cotton pad saturated with micellar water and I can see that the cleansing oil when emulsified with a little warm water effectively removes all traces of make-up, including waterproof. 

Any foundation, CC, BB or tinted moisturizer should be SPF.

Next very important piece of advice is ensure you use a great eye, neck and decollete cream The eye and neck areas are the first sign of aging. These areas become crepey-looking quite early and as you are in your early 20's, you have a great opportunity to prevent this now. Protect your skin from the sun. You may not immediately see the damage sun can cause, but you will later on.

I'm 61 and have always avoided the sun. There is a significant difference between my skin and those of my peers that never considered using SPF products and the benefits of moisturizing. 

Using a gentle exfoliator and clearing mask can also assist in taking your skin care routine up to the next level. Our cells are constantly regenerating and a good exfoliator and mask can assist with cellular turnover. 

Re: Skin Care Routine Suggestions

What you have purchased sounds good already. So glad the addition of oil worked out for you. What you noticed was the effect of the increased hydration since the argan oil helped prevent transepidermal water loss throughout the day and night.

The only thing I would recommend is adding a daily sunscreen, especially since you're adding in an AHA exfoliant. The ones I use (Biore, EltaMD, and Krave) are not at Sephora, but I do like Supergoop too, and that is available at sephora.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing