Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skin Care Gurus! what are your favorite products you like to use while being in quarantine?

Hey y'all!!

Now that we have plenty of time to follow our skin care routines RELIGIOUSLY, I just wanted to know what some of your go to products were? Some products that I like to use for my daily skin care routine from Sephora are: Milk's matcha toning stick and Belif's hydrating bomb.

I'm interested in trying other products, let me know what your favorites are! 🙂

Re: Skin Care Gurus! what are your favorite products you like to use while being in quarantine?

Now that I'm not worried about too much UV light and can ~wait 30 min-1h to let product sink in~ I've added some new products to my routine and I have to admit, my skin has not looked this smooth, uniform and plump in a really long time. The AHAs have really made a noticeable difference.

AM

PM

RE: Skin Care Gurus! what are your favorite products you like to use while being in quarantine?

I’ve been loving the ole henricksen vitamin c juice cleanser

Re: Skin Care Gurus! what are your favorite products you like to use while being in quarantine?

@halfvanillllla I'm now being very consistent about following my nighttime Masking + Actives routine, my other stuff I was already pretty religious about. I rotate through things pretty often but I have some faves:

BOSCIA - Charcoal Pore Pudding Intensive Wash-Off Treatment

Origins Original Skin™ Retexturizing Mask with Rose Clay 2.5 oz/ 75 mL

FARMACY - Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask

Herbivore Blue Tansy BHA and Enzyme Pore Refining Mask 2 oz/ 60 mL

Inky List Retinol

Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Retinoid Night Oil 1.18 oz/ 35 mL or OLEHENRIKSEN - Glow Cycle Retin-ALT Power Serum

Kate Somerville +Retinol Vita C Power Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL (this takes a lot of working up to!)

There's a ton of great skincare routines here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Skincare-Routine-of-the-Day/td-p/5146142

I've been lounging around in my pajamas or athleisure with PEACE OUT - Acne Healing Dots on my face since I haven't had any video conference calls. Other than that, I've been trying out the items in the Sephora Favorites CBD Skincare set that seems to have disappeared/sold out.

I'd love to know what you think of the products in that k...

I'd love to know what you think of the products in that kit once you've had a chance to try them and compare them. I've always loved Hempz body lotion so I know hemp oil is nice and light, I'm curious about the CBD and whether it's worth the hype and the$$$

I am using the DRUNK ELEPHANT - A-Passioni™ Retinol Cream, followed by a few drops of the Kiehl's Since 1851 Midnight Recovery Concentrate Moisturizing Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 ml-- they are a great pair.

I have both I will try this tonight!

Hi @halfvanillllla,

I also love the Belif moisturizers 🙂 Some of my favorite skincare products recently have been: 

INNISFREE - Green Tea Seed Intensive Hydrating Cream -- I love the creamy consistency of this, and it has become one of my favorite nighttime moisturizers for my oily skin.

DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE - Alpha Beta® Pore Perfecting & Refining Serum-- This serum has been amazing for minimizing the appearance of my pores. A little bit goes a long way! 

TATCHA - The Silk Peony Melting Eye Cream -- This is perfect for hydrating and plumping my under eye area. I love how it helps with making my under eye concealer look natural.

Best regards,

Laurie

RE: Skin Care Gurus! what are your favorite products you like to use while being in quarantine?

I have been heavy with the face masks .. especially hydrating ones Dr Jart... youth to the people, and i treated myself to Lamer literally using the smallest amount to make it stretch Lololol

Hey @halfvanillllla ! I test a lot of skincare products on my mostly-dry combo skin, and I sometimes rotate through products—especially serums and masks. But I do have some consistent favorites: 

Paula’s Choice Hydralight Cleanser at night and Paula’s Choice Optimal Results Hydrating Cleanser for morning. I also like the Paula’s Choice Clear Cleanser (contains BHA). 

IT Cosmetics Miracle Water Micellar Cleanser 8.5 oz/ 250 mL for mornings/nights when I’m too physically ill or sleepy to stand at the sink or in the shower to do my full skincare routine. It’s also great for removing makeup before an afternoon workout session or washing my face after said session. 

Paula’s Choice Gentle Touch Makeup Remover (the liquid, not the far less effective wipes). This stuff removes pretty much anything without leaving a weird greasy film behind, and it doesn’t irritate my eyes. 

KOH GEN DO - Cleansing Spa Water Cloths, aka magic wipes. 😄 I try to reserve these for travel because I prefer to use reusable bamboo rounds at home to remove makeup. But they’re soooo nice.  

e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence, which I use as a hydrating/moisturizing toner. 

FIRST AID BEAUTY - FAB Skin Lab Resurfacing Liquid 10% AHA and Paula’s Choice Clear Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution (regular strength, 2% BHA) are my usual leave-on exfoliants. 

For acne spot treatment, I love Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Gel, PEACE OUT - Acne Healing Dots, and Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting BHA 9 (9% BHA). I’m allergic to benzoyl peroxide and can’t stomach the smell of sulfur treatments, so my OTC acne treatment options are kinda limited. 

Farmacy Very Cherry Bright 15% Clean Vitamin C Serum with Acerola Cherry 1.0 oz/ 30 mL for vitamin C and a big dose of hyaluronic acid. I use this every morning. 

The INKEY List Retinol Fine Lines and Wrinkles Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL gets used every other night. 

DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE - Ferulic + Retinol Triple Correction Eye Serum has removed sun damage darkness from my undereyes. It’s also a great serum just for its antioxidants content. I’ve used it on my whole face a few times. 

NIOD Fractionated Eye Contour Concentrate is gradually reducing some of my tear trough bumpiness and softening some lines around my eyes. 

THE ORDINARY - Buffet is my full face peptides boost and another dose of hyaluronic acid. 

Youth To The People Adaptogen Soothe + Hydrate Activated Mist with Peptides 4 oz/ 118 mL is especially nice to use after any serum that contains a good amount of hyaluronic acid (like Buffet). 

Herbivore Emerald CBD + Adaptogens Deep Moisture Glow Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL is my skin’s favorite facial oil. It does wonders for my inflammation/redness issues. 

Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 mL works great on my dry zones without swamping my oily zone. 

I just started testing THE INKEY LIST - Multi-Biotic Balancing Moisturizer and my skin seems to like it. 

Plain ol’ Aquaphor Ointment is my favorite occlusive moisturizer (acts as a moisture barrier over any patch of damaged skin to seal in hydration) and daily lip balm. 

Speaking of lip products: SEPHORA COLLECTION - Lip Balm & Scrub (the Dragonfruit one), Tatcha The Kissu Lip Mask Original (the only Tatcha product that doesn’t irritate my face), LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Original, SUPERGOOP! - Acai Fusion Lip Balm SPF 30 Deluxe Sample (can’t tag the full size for some reason), and FRESH - Sugar Hydrating Lip Balm (Blood Orange) are my favorites. Also, I use Glossier Bubblewrap each morning as a lip serum (I don’t use it anywhere else on my face) and top it with Aquaphor, which I usually also top with the Supergoop Acai Fusion balm for sun protection. 

FYI, you might be interested in this thread where several of us post our skincare routines: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Skincare-Routine-of-the-Day/td-p/5146142

@halfvanillllla I rotate products regularly, but tula acne foam cleanser, Farmacy Clean Bee Ultra Gentle Facial Cleanser 5 oz/150 mLGLAMGLOW - TROPICALCLEANSE™ Daily Exfoliating CleanserKOPARI - Coconut Rose Tonertarte Knockout Tingle Treatment Toner 5 oz/ 150 mLfrudia hydrating toner, elf hydrating essence, omorovicza omoressence, The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mLTARTE - SEA Mermaid Skin Hyaluronic H2O Serumherbivore bakuchiol, trader Joe's rose facial toner, The INKEY List Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA) Blemish + Blackhead Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

@halfvanillllla 

Origins frothy face wash and I add the Origins Ginzeng scrub 3 times a week, Fresh Rose Hydration Toner, Tatcha Essence, Caudalie Beauty Elixir, Leanne Grace Beauty oil for day and The ordinary Rose Hip Oil at night, Kiehls daily concentrate for day and midnight recovery concentrate at night, Drunk Elephant Vitamin C serum for day, J.One Firming serum, Tatcha overnight concentrate at night, Tatcha eye cream , Tatcha renewal cream at night and Fresh Rose Deep Hydration cream for day (I like to mix Coola SPF drops into the moisturizer for extra sun protection or use Supergoop Unseen sunscreen).  To seal in everything and to add more hydration I like adding Youth To the People Glow Oil.  I have had a lot of trial and error with my skin and all these products have helped my skin.

My top 3 skincare products right now are 

1.Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser 8 oz / 237 ml

2.DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE - Stress Repair Face Cream with Niacinamide

3.SUMMER FRIDAYS - Jet Lag Mask

With the quarantine, I just want my skin to stay fresh, hydrated and calm through the madness.

Skin Care Gurus! what are your favorite products you like to use while being in quarantine?

I've decided to use up some of my samples. Tonight I tried Dr. Dennis Gross Super Stress Rescue Serum, and I have to say, I still feel pretty stressed.

LOL!!

I’m honestly just hoping to remember to wash my face everyday lol 

I'm using some other products now, but my holy grails are the Tatcha The Water Cream Oil-Free Pore Minimizing Moisturizer 1.7 oz / 50 mL and the AMOREPACIFIC - Treatment Toner . I've also been trying out the Amorepacific sleeping mask and been in love with it, but in Kathleen Lights words-dats expensive! Of course all these are but the sales twice a year help out 🙂 and if it's for your skin, it's worth it!

Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 42 Hearts Given
  • 15 Contributors
testing