Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware
|

Sincerely different skin types on one face...

So my face, as much as I love it, is really starting to bother me because it's so immensely different and I have no clue how I'd want to go about fixing it. My forehead is oily, my cheeks are normal, the top of my nose is oily, but the sides are so dry they're flaking. As well, I'm breaking out in areas that are both oily and not oily... what can I do to try and balance it all out and get rid of the break outs?

Re: Sincerely different skin types on one face...

aliqt can you give us a rundown on what your current skincare routine is ? it'll better help us know what needs to be tweaked / what's not working for you ! 

if you're breaking out in both the oily and dry area, it sounds like your skin is both dehydrated and that your pH balance is off. so there are lots of ways we can address this Smiley Happy

LOL!  "So my face, as much as I love it..."  

You are too funny!  You have what is know as "combination" skin.  I have it along with acne-prone skin just like you do.  Welcome to the club.  Smiley Happy

Here are some product suggestions:

One of my favorite moisturizers is Clinique Moisture Surge.  It doesn't cause breakouts but is highly moisturizing for the dry parts.  Also, make sure you are exfoliating 2-3x a week to get rid of flakes.

Both Glamglow Supermud and Eradikate are great for speeding the healing of pimples.

Tarte is a great foundation for combination skin types.

Thanks a lot! I've tried Clinique before unfortunately and it actually bothered my skin but I'll definitely give the others a shot! I used to have very sensitive type skin and still have rosacea, which clinique isn't really known for being great about but the Glamglow and Eradikate looks really promising! Thanks again!

If Clinique's Moisture Surge bothers your skin, you might want to try Lancome's Hydra Zen, as it's a similar product in many ways. BTW, I share your frustrations; my skin is combination, so I find I'm using different skincare and makeup on my T-zone than I do on the rest of my face. It's a little pricey having two skin regimes and makeup looks running at once, but after 30 years of experimenting with products, this seems to work best!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors