Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Show me your vanities!

I just got a new handful of products, and in trying to figure out where to put them, I ended up rearranging my bathroom vanity. I figure what better time for pictures, right? These are mine. I’m happy to hear your comments as well, and will be happy to answer questions about anything I use.

Now it’s your turn! Share with me your skincare station!Today’s haulToday’s haulPerfumes, lotions, maskPerfumes, lotions, maskGo-to’s top shelf, middle shelf oils, cleansers on the bottonGo-to’s top shelf, middle shelf oils, cleansers on the bottonMy most frequently used stuffMy most frequently used stuffCloset up on the oils and some cleansersCloset up on the oils and some cleansersCleansers and cleanser samplesCleansers and cleanser samplesLotions, SPF, masks etcLotions, SPF, masks etc

Re: Show me your vanities!

@radleyas You have quite the collection! I love how they are all out. My skincare is in a drawer. Not very exciting 🙂

Best,
Rebecca

I use all of them, but at different times, all sort of weather/humidity dependent. I do have a bin of lesser used things. I find it so hard to throw some things out. But I will say that if my bathroom had drawers, I’d put some things away. All I have is counter space, and those shelves. My queendom for a bigger bathroom! 😁

@radleyas here’s mine on the bathroom counter. I have more in the a side cabinet, cabinet below the sink and medicine cabinet. 0241FD6D-4773-41D7-82E5-77643AF4DD43.jpeg

@SportyGirly125 I am obsessed with the circular container! Where did you get it?

Best,
Rebecca

@RebeccaBT I got it off of Amazon. 

Ok, what the heck, I'll play, but ONLY because I spent one day this weekend doing a serious dusting/cleaning 🤣. Between regular dry shampoo usage and my dehumidifier blowing pretty much right at my counter, I highly regret the black turntable...it takes about a week for it to look like it hasn't been cleaned in months 🙄

First up, wide view of my bathroom space (wide view, hahahaha, it's not that wide lol). You can see my makeup and fragrance reflected in the mirror, but I'm going to stick to just my daily skincare stuff here.

Most of my hair/body/skincare resides on the carousel, except daily cleansers to the left of it. Cotton and qtips in the little tower in the very back. The glass jar holds some sample packets I want to work into rotation as I use other stuff up.Most of my hair/body/skincare resides on the carousel, except daily cleansers to the left of it. Cotton and qtips in the little tower in the very back. The glass jar holds some sample packets I want to work into rotation as I use other stuff up.

Top: double cleanse for makeup days, plus my scrub and a couple of misc items. Middle: morning skincare. Bottom: nightly skincare.Top: double cleanse for makeup days, plus my scrub and a couple of misc items. Middle: morning skincare. Bottom: nightly skincare.

Top: morning/after shower hair care. Middle: Foreo. Bottom: night haircareTop: morning/after shower hair care. Middle: Foreo. Bottom: night haircare

The open shelf houses all sorts of miscellany. Open masks, facial oils, contact stuff, and there's a box hiding in the back that holds my extra contacts, extra dermaplaning razors, extra flossers.The open shelf houses all sorts of miscellany. Open masks, facial oils, contact stuff, and there's a box hiding in the back that holds my extra contacts, extra dermaplaning razors, extra flossers.

Top: deo + body and hair glitter. What a fantastic shelf lol. Middle: eye drops, sleeping mask, misc tiny stuff like safety pins. Bottom: essences and toners.Top: deo + body and hair glitter. What a fantastic shelf lol. Middle: eye drops, sleeping mask, misc tiny stuff like safety pins. Bottom: essences and toners.

Top: excess hair stuff, Fab cream that I never ever remember to use. Middle: my usual body stuff. Bottom: ds of Dr Bronners liquid soap and a small bowl for quick washings of eyeliner brushes after using a pot liner. The bottom of the bowl has small raised dots which make it super nice and relatively effective for quick jobs like that.Top: excess hair stuff, Fab cream that I never ever remember to use. Middle: my usual body stuff. Bottom: ds of Dr Bronners liquid soap and a small bowl for quick washings of eyeliner brushes after using a pot liner. The bottom of the bowl has small raised dots which make it super nice and relatively effective for quick jobs like that.

Spoiler
Didn't mean to add a spoiler, but mobile won't let me delete it now. I am however feeling the urge to use it to point out that I had my pics in a very different order, one that made more sense (to me at least), going around the carousel section by section before showing that lower open shelf, but BIC apparently had a different idea and rearranged them for me. Sigh.

@RGbrown I think your bathroom would be my happy place with everything you've got in there.  I have very little room in my bathroom and desperately need to get organized.

@RGbrown I love organized your products are. Thanks for sharing!

Best,
Rebecca

Thanks @RebeccaBT!

WOW! You have an impressive supply of product! If you’re anything like me, in a small bathroom, you must be constantly knocking things over. 

I will say that this is one of those reasons my husband is glad that he has his own bathroom!!

@radleyas  

I am a klutz in pretty much all aspects of my life...there is nothing I can't drop/break/ruin almost immediately upon touching it (white shirts, for example lol...I've about given up on keeping one nice 😂), but surprisingly, I do pretty well with my skincare. Trying to put the dropper back in a dropper bottle is my biggest challenge...I have dumped out half a bottle more than once, and tiny eye cream jars can go flying every now and again a la Pretty Woman's "slippery little suckers", but all in all, I'm impressed at the level of order and coordination I'm able to obtain when it comes to skincare most days 🤣🤣🤣

For me, it’s screw on lids, and little bottles of face oil. I have to discipline myself to wipe off my hands before I try to but screw the dropper caps back on the oils. I lost 1/4 bottle of Sunday Riley Luna once. I was so mad at myself! That’s part of the reason I love the Drunk Elephant bottles. I never have to pick up the moisturizers (Kate Somerville was good for that too), and the squared off bottles are much easier to hold. 

@radleyas  Before I share my photos: you might be interested in the Show Me Your Beauty Collections thread. It’s not skincare or makeup specific, but it’s full of interesting beauty product collections and storage ideas. You might want to share some of your collections there. 🙂 https://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup-Is-Life/Show-Me-Your-Beauty-Collections/m-p/3285210#M12347

Now then, on to my skincare station! I keep nearly all my stuff in a carousel beside my sink. (This is a double-decker carousel but I removed the top tier.) My sheet masks are in a cabinet. Stuff I use on the rest of my body (lotion and oils) and perfumes are elsewhere on my vanity. 

Aerial view of my daily routine.Aerial view of my daily routine.Makeup removers and cleansers. (I’ll test the Resist cleanser this winter.)Makeup removers and cleansers. (I’ll test the Resist cleanser this winter.)

More photos: 

Spoiler

While I’m at it, here’s my full skincare routine. I love Raw Sauce, but it’s not listed here because I’ve been using the e.l.f. product instead lately. Lip balms are stored with my makeup. Winter-only items don’t usually come out until the weather’s cold enough. 

I’m bumping retinol up to 3x/week starting this week.I’m bumping retinol up to 3x/week starting this week.

And I’ll try to tag all the Sephora-available items (product tagging’s kinda glitchy on BIC): 

Spoiler

Your organization is impressive @WinglessOne 

Thanks @emaisgr8 !

@WinglessOne 

I need to make a chart like that. It would be so much easier! I like your routine. Like me, you keep a lot of things in rotation. I find it keeps my skin from getting to used to one thing, plus I am a total skincare junkie who cannot be stopped 😁😁

I noticed Peace Out dots. I have those. I would have KILLED for those when I was a teen. I don’t need them much now, but they are miracle workers. When I think of all the times I got chemical burns from good old benzoyl peroxide ... makes my skin sting just thinking about it! 

Thanks @radleyas 

I keep a few things in rotation mostly because seasonal weather requires it. 🙂 I live in Chicago, where extreme summer heat and winter deep freeze are alive and well. My faithful YTTP moisturizer is fantastic during the day, as long as temps are above 0F. But yeah, I also like to test things. It’s been hard to pare down my routine while also wanting to test all of the things. 🤣 A chart can help you keep track of which thing worked well or badly, especially if you’re trying to narrow down ingredients your skin hates. I always say my bathroom is the most organized room of my home; I’m not nearly this detailed about other stuff. 

Peace Out dots are so convenient! I’m allergic to benzoyl peroxide, which I learned the hard way as a teen. 😞 I love how far BHA products have come since the 80s. All those old school salicylic acid products made my face a desert. The Paula’s Choice BHA exfoliation serum I currently use is so non-drying, I can put it on my entire face—not just my oily zone—and wake up to no dry patches. 

Where I am, we have the split between DEEPLY hot and humid summers, and bone chilling winters. In the winter, my skin can get painfully dry. Amazingly, I seem to have found a balance in both seasons. Skincare makes ALL the difference. 

I’ve been thinking of getting a facial for my birthday, which seems like, a terrific time to make a chart, so I can tell them what I’m using. 

Oh, all the acids seem to have come so far. 10 years ago, I’ve have laughed if you said I’m be doing a glycolic acid and lactic acid treatment every day. Yet here we are, and I am! And no more harsh physical exfoliant. My lort, the amount of St. Ives apricot scrub I went through in my teens and 20’s. No wonder my skin was so angry!!

@radleyas  😂 That bleepin’ apricot scrub! It was a painful rite of passage for so many of us. St. Ives owes lots of folks an apology. 🤣

If you get a birthday facial, I hope you enjoy it! 

The kids coming up now will have it a lot easier. Although I did see a walnut scrub in. That Kylie skincare line. I don’t know how popular her skincare line is. I know the lipsticks were, but hopefully not that skincare line. It looks cheap to me.

22 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 83 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos23
  • I’m bumping retinol up to 3x/week starting this week.
  • Today’s haul
  • My most frequently used stuff
  • Perfumes, lotions, mask
  • Go-to’s top shelf, middle shelf oils, cleansers on the botton
  • Closet up on the oils and some cleansers
  • Cleansers and cleanser samples
  • Lotions, SPF, masks etc
  • Aerial view of my daily routine.
  • Makeup removers and cleansers. (I’ll test the Resist cleanser this winter.)
  • Closeup of my reusable airless vacuum pump bottles; I’ve “owl coded” them. :D
  • Toners, essences, and a DS of my charcoal mask.
  • Serums and exfoliators.
  • Moisturizers and sunscreens. (I just ran out of my Coola mineral matte sunscreen.)
  • The e.l.f. facial oil hiding in the back.
testing