Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Setting my makeup

Hi all! New here. I am a pastry chef and I work in a kitchen. I’m pretty active at work. I have an oily forehead and oily eyelids. I usually only do my eyes and eyebrows. No foundation since I wear a mask all day and don’t want to bother with wasting makeup and it rubbing off on my mask. I use the Rodan and Fields Soothe line for skin care. What do you recommend I do so that my makeup doesn’t wear away during the day? Primer? Setting spray? Any help is greatly appreciated! 

Re: Setting my makeup

@jackiepriscilla I have an assortment of products that I use depending on my skin needs for the day.  I have combo skin.  I am a part-time baker and caterer so I understand about being active at work.  These are some of products I use: Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder Too Faced Peach Perfect Mattifying Setting Powder – Peaches and Cream Collection Translucent Peach Hourglass Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder - Talc Free Translucent Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Setting Spray 3.3 oz / 100 ml #BECCA Cosmetics Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector 

@tjffcThank you, too. Something tells me I should get the Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder.

I have been thinking about a new one, have been kinda going without. Thanks, I think I'll take the plunge.

Best wishes,

V21988

@V21988 Great choice!

Thank you!!

MILK MAKEUP Hydro Grip Hydrating Makeup Primer with Hyaluronic Acid + Niacinamide 1.52 / 45 mL 

Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder 

Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Setting Spray 3.3 oz / 100 ml 

These 3 products are a bit pricey, but keep my face on and set throughout the day. I also suggest using skincare with Niacinamide. It helps control oil production on your skin. Consistency and time is key with skincare 🙂 hope this helps!

@AmandaMaccThose are some excellent recommendations. I use the same setting sprays (just I use the other Milk one, but it's such a nominal difference really I consider them both the same). I have never used that setting powder, but maybe I should consider it.

I more rely on the setting sprays these days, but use MUFE Translucent Powder but I am not so sure I'd recommend it. I stick to highlighters but may try again on the right setting powder.

@jackiepriscillaAmanda's recommendations are good, as I use the same and I am very pleased with them.

Best wishes,

V21988

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing