cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Serums for dry skin

Hi all-

I was wondering if anyone uses a facial serum on their body to combat dry skin. I need to address dry skin, but it would also be nice to target sun spots and discoloration. Do you have a serum that you mix with your body lotion to plump and brighten your legs/arms?

Re: Serums for dry skin

Hi @pixtyn !  Most facial serums that don't play nice with my facial skin (or serums my face doesn't really need anymore) get used on my body. I apply them after I shower, while my skin's still damp, and then apply my body lotion over them. 

I alternate/rotate through lots of serums on my body, so my entire list would be long. To narrow the field: I'm currently using up an old bottle of Paula's Choice CLINICAL Niacinamide 20% Treatment 0.67 oz/ 20 mL on my arms, legs, and chest. I also have 2 bottles of vitamin C serums I'm trying to use up before they go bad. One's the Timeless 10% vitamin C + E Ferulic Acid Serum, which contains ascorbic acid. The other is MooGoo Vitamin C Serum which is just squalane + ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate (an oil-soluble form of vitamin C) + vitamin E: it feels too greasy on my face, but my dry body skin appreciates it. 

Also, 1-2 times a week I use AmLactin Rapid Relief Restoring Lotion instead of my usual body lotion on some parts of my body, especially my arms. It's an exfoliating and moisturizing lotion that contains 15% lactic acid. AmLactin also makes a 12% lactic acid. 

Oh, and many non-tinted sunscreens that don't work well on my face become body sunscreens, especially mineral sunscreens. Body sunscreen is very important if you're trying to reduce sun spots and discoloration on your body. 😉 

Re: Serums for dry skin

@pixtyn I use REN Clean Skincare AHA Smart Renewal Body Serum 6.8 oz/ 200 mL before I put on my body oil and body cream. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing