Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Serums for Oily, Acne-Prone Skin

Hi, I'm looking to purchase my first serums and could use some advice as to which product(s) would work best for me. I'm 25 with oily skin (strictly in my T-zone) and occasional acne on my forehead or chin. I have some very fine lines and genetic dark circles under my eyes. 

I'm getting the sense that Caudalie's Vinoperfect or Sunday Riley's Good Genes would be the main daily product. Then, as needed, I might add in the  and then the Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face OilU.F.O. face oil or Caudalie Vinopure Natural Salicylic Acid Pore Minimizing Serum would be the occasional treatment product. 

I like that Caudalie's Vinoperfect is moisturizing, but also find the actives in Good Genes appealing. Are they too similar in that both would be redundant? If so, which would you recommend? 

Re: Serums for Oily, Acne-Prone Skin

I would add The Ordinary "Buffet" 1 oz/ 30 mL it's amazing for oily skin too @claire816 

I like both the Good Genes and the Vinopure salicylic acid serum, @claire816 but neither of those are daily products for me. It depends on lot on your skin's tolerance, but I can only use either one about 2 or 3 times a week. The vinopure in particular is very drying, FYI. With any of these, make sure you're following with moisturizer and using sunscreen in the a.m.

Hi @claire816!

I love Sunday Riley U.F.O. Salicylic Acid BHA Treatment Face Oil 1.18 oz/ 35 mL.  It's great for both oiliness and acne.  I use this every night since it's not just a treatment for acne I already have, but also kills the bacteria that causes acne which helps prevent future breakouts.

For the Caudalie Vinoperfect Anti Dark Spot Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL and Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One AHA Lactic Acid Treatment 1.7 oz/ 50 mL, they both target dark spots, but Caudalie is also for dullness and uneven textures while Sunday Riley is for fine lines/wrinkles and pores.

You can layer serums or switch them whenever you need to.  There's a great video on the Sephora IGTV about serums.  The video is called Skincare Serums 101 with Beauty Director David Razzano.  He does try to promote certain serums, but also gives great advice on what serums do, how they help, and how to layer or switch serums to fit your skincare needs.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing