Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Serum that battles redness?

I am looking to find a serum or other treatment that can help battle redness. I have noticed redness develop on my cheek area over the past little while. I am looking for a more even skin tone. Suggestions?

Re: Serum that battles redness?

Seabuckthorn seed oil helps relieve redness. Sephora doesn't carry this particular brand but I'd tried Sibu's Sea buckthorn seed oil and it worked really well for me.(I also used it for redness!) It seems like they have various seabuckhorn products including serum try google it! 

Hi, JazzyHY! Beauty Talk guidelines state that outside links aren't allowed, they get removed once Moderators take notice. Just wanted to let you know in case those two disappear from your post and you're scratching your head wondering why (it happened to me when I first joined BT and wasn't aware).

Seabuckthorn is actually in the Dr. Weil serum I mentioned below and it's also utilized in the Seaberry Moisturizing Facial Oil from Fresh:

Fresh - Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil

Along with Nude's ProGenius Treatment Oil:

NUDE Skincare - ProGenius™ Treatment Oil

Oops!! thanks for letting me know XD actually it was my first time ever writing in beauty talk. I should of read their rules more carefully.. Thanks dear! 

No worries, I missed it when I first joined so I was supppper confused when the links I'd post would disappear. 😛

Is the redness caused from flushing that may come and go or is it actual a heavy red undertone from pigment developed by your skin?

Brands such as First Aid Beauty, Murad, and Dr. Weil for Origins have serums dedicated for redness that may stem from rosacea, mild to moderate flushing, and even skin that may be easily sensitized.

First Aid Beauty - Anti-Redness Serum

FAB's serum contains soothing components like bisabolol, aloe, ginger, and feverfew plus anti-oxidant rich white-tea extract to protect skin against free radical damage that may make redness worse. Licorice brightens and evens skin tone while caffeine also constricts blood vessels to ease redness.

Origins - Dr. Weil For Origins™ Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Advanced Face Serum

Dr. Weil for Origins' Mega Mushroom Skin Relief serum is one that uses seabuckthorn and mushroom complexes to serve as anti-inflammatory treatments but also to repair and strengthen skin's own defenses against factors that may make it more prone to redness or sensitivity.

Murad - Sensitive Skin Soothing Serum

Murad's Sensitive Skin Soothing Serum focuses on calming and hydrating skin, as dryness can often exacerbate redness or other forms of irritation. Hyaluronic acid is a humectant that draws moisture from the atmosphere to hydrate without being heavy on skin while anti-oxidant green tea combats free radicals and works with soothing cucumber and mallow extract.

Keep in mind that though serums typically contain a higher percentage of active ingredients, it's important to have your skin care regimen work cohesively as a whole to address redness or any other issues your skin is facing. Let us know a bit more about your skin type and even the specifics regarding your regimen and we can see what else can be done to ensure the redness is addressed.

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors